X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    It is not a Northeastern professor. He had to take classes at a CC which is why he didn't enroll until Dec.
    Correct.

Comment

It is not a Northeastern professor. He had to take classes at a CC which is why he didn't enroll until Dec.
      Thanks for the clarification. BTW, I have a buddy named Guido who is good at making things happen.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Write-up on recruit Neil Shea after his team's 6-3 win over Milton Academy on Wednesday:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...a-jack-cameron
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Write-up on recruit Neil Shea after his team's 6-3 win over Milton Academy on Wednesday:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...a-jack-cameron
          Thanks...MN HS hockey getting a lot of love from NHLCS...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
            Pecararo update is that the NCAA is still waiting for his Fall transcripts - apparently the holdup on this is one instructor. He is registered and attending classes.

The source of the above information further avers that all three goalies are receiving some amount of scholarship money.
            You are correct about Pecararo. Apparently someone has dug in his heels. The kid has an associate degree, but apparently that is not enough to satisfy the NC$$ byzantine requirements.. I'm afraid that we'll see Nolan and Jozefek on the ice before we see Liam.

Perhaps your source about the goalies' scholarships meant well, but he/she is mistaken - plain and simple. Theut and Frye were invited to join the team as backup goalies and were offered a chance to develop their skills and play the odd game. They did not receive scholarship $. Cayden Primeau is a scholarship goalie and has been committed for several years.

BTW, You mentioned that you are on one of the University's boards. I am as well, and have been on several others in the past. If you don't mind sharing, which one are you involved with? Our paths may have crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              BTW, You mentioned that you are on one of the University's boards. I am as well, and have been on several others in the past. If you don't mind sharing, which one are you involved with? Our paths may have crossed.
              I am not. If I gave that impression I apologize. I am an alum...JD and a couple odd LLMs since the early 80's but I'm semi retired from private practice and have been focused on my duties as counsel to a business partnership that I formed in 2007 with some of my fellow Canadian ex-pats...that may help you but my preference is to be anonymous here...

We probably have crossed paths as I have been a season ticket holder and a booster.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                Perhaps your source about the goalies' scholarships meant well, but he/she is mistaken - plain and simple.
                It's all good. One of my favorite sayings is "I'm only as good as the information I've been given..."

Comment

So, what are the NU faithful's expectation for the weekend series against Merrimack? Figured I'd try your thread since the both of us on the Merrimack thread would not have much of a discussion!
                  I'm thinking they split. NU offense rolls at Matthews, but MC come back to win a tight one at Lawler. Ruck has been spotty, and MC's goaltending has been trick-or-treat at best.
                  Last edited by RENCEB; 01-20-2017, 12:04 PM.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    ...Ruck has been spotty, and MC's goaltending has been trick-or-treat at best.
                    You nailed it. Which ever team gets the better goaltending wins. Simple as that. And for NU, some production from the 3rd and/or 4th lines wouldn't hurt.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Huskies played well for 2.9 periods up at UNH until they didnt. Given the ice at Frozen Fenway, i'd say team played well enough there as well.

I think if they play a full 60 minutes (D included) & Ruck can have decent rebound control.. i like their chances both games this wknd. Not a knock on Merrimack at all.. just think we're due some points. Here's hoping

Go Huskies
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=northeastern;6426867]Huskies played well for 2.9 periods up at UNH until they didnt. Given the ice at Frozen Fenway, i'd say team played well enough there as well.

I think if they play a full 60 minutes (D included) & Ruck can have decent rebound control.. i like their chances both games this wknd. Not a knock on Merrimack at all.. just think we're due some points. Here's hoping

Go Huskies [/QUOTE
                        -----------------------------------------
                        That sums it up nicely. It will help if we get back Nolan and Jozefek in the next week or two. Responsible defense from our forwards will go a long way toward making Ruck's life easier and to helping him (and the team) to regain confidence.

Comment

• Good 1st.. lazy 2nd for the Huskies thus far tonight.. let's close this out strong NU.. Go Huskies!
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Ruck holding fort.. c'mon team give him something!.. let's go..!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• More like it.. although game where Ruck def played better than some of the players in front of him.. offense & D. way to go goalie. 4-1 NU, 5 min left in the 3rd.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Ruck was solid, as was the PP. But I'm not sure this game was about what Northeastern did as opposed to what Merrimack didn't. It just never seemed like Merrimack wanted to work hard enough to score goals. Oh well, hopefully that continues tomorrow night!

Comment

Working...
                                X