X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    Awww...look at you stickin' up for your little brother...

What does the word *wrong* mean to you?
    Right, so lets see if I can explain this. Originally he was calling you ignorant for citing pairwise that early in the season. Now, he is calling you wrong because you are being an indignant ***** for "predicting" QU was not a top 10 pairwise team, when no one said they were, except the early season pairwise rankings anyone who follows the game enough to be on this board (note this was around the time you had 30 posts) ignores. You were ignorant. You are now wrong in analysis of the situation. You were correct in saying QU wasn't going to be a top 10 team.

Happy now?
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Troll View Post
      Right, so lets see if I can explain this. Originally my little brother was calling you ignorant for citing pairwise that early in the season. Now, little bro is calling you wrong because you are being an indignant ***** for "predicting" QU was not a top 10 pairwise team, when no one said they were, except the early season pairwise rankings anyone who follows the game enough to be on this board (note this was around the time you had 30 posts) ignores. You were ignorant. You are now wrong in analysis of the situation. You were correct in saying QU wasn't going to be a top 10 team.

Happy now?
      I'm always happy...especially when you Trolls contort in a manner that makes Mummenschanz turn green with envy...

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
        Struble is very impressive.
        He is...hopefully, he doesn't end up in the Q...do we know what kind of a student he is?

Comment

PPGuru
          Thanks for going to the trouble of scouting these guys and reporting back. I wonder if Struble keeps progressing, perhaps he'll accelerate and graduate after a summer quarter or two. Of Course, that may mean he has no time for baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
            I'm always happy...especially when you Trolls contort in a manner that makes Mummenschanz turn green with envy...
            Yeah, I'm pretty sure JD is comfortably 100 years older than I. And I think of you were capable of introspective review of what's been said and your reaction you'd realize you're in the wrong here, AND that most here started out trying to correct what seemed like ignorance. But you've repeatedly doubled down on it. I'll come back the next time you say something stupid, I now know that you have little interest in learning anything, so I expect our interactions on the future will be more enjoyable for you.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• ..lead all gm.. then last 2 mins of the gm.. give it all up .. & don't lead..

our goalie is painful to watch.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ..lead all gm.. then last 2 mins of the gm.. give it all up .. & don't lead..

our goalie is painful to watch.
                Defense seems out of sorts all game. Ruck and Tirone were having a contest to see who could give up worse rebounds. And it wasn't even rebounds that killed us today! A wrister off the faceoff and a tip! Jesus. This team cannot buy a Hockey East win right now.
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Maybe I'll become a basketball fan. NU plays a game, NU allows 4+ goals. Like clockwork.

Comment

• ..last season was the exception (i knew that).. to think we were going to build off of that..

.. c'mon Coaching staff .. figure this out..
                    it is bad. 1 HE win..

Whatever you're doing..it isnt working.
                    How can a D1 team not have a credible back up tender!?!.. how can the HC allow this to happen. Ridiculous & unacceptable.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

In Jim We Trust

Believe in Madigan

Comment

They've scored 4.50 goals per game over the last 6 and they're 2-4 and 0-3 in HE games. Aston-Reese is going to score 30+ goals, Sikura and Gaudette will be well over a point per game and they're going to finish in the bottom few spots in the conference. So frustrating. And it will be more frustrating when Primeau is good next year and they can't score because our top forwards are playing pro hockey.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Never mind the credible back-up tender. It's been too long since there's been a credible starting goalie. Eight years now. Rawlings/Witt/Roy/Ruck. The talent level on this team is nowhere as poor as it once was - but there is no depth to this team. JStevens/NStevens/Sikura/Gaudette/ZAR are all legit players. After that? I think they brought Matt Filipe in a year too soon. You can see Jeremy Davies is going to be a good player. Lincoln Griffin contributes. As a group, the D isn't strong enough to help this team win while Ruck is giving up goals such as the first goal UNH scored tonight. Nobody expects the third and fourth lines to light up the stat sheet but is it too much to ask that they not take foolish penalties in the offensive zone that lead to PP goals for the opposition? (Sam Kurker tonight. But not just tonight.) Third liner takes bad penalty, NU has to stop rolling lines to go on PK, pressure is turned up on the iffy D and shaky goalie....the dominoes fall.......UNH scores and eventually, another game is lost. I hope Cayden Primeau is all that he is supposed to be because the defensemen you see this year are all back next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            In Jim We Trust

Believe in Madigan
                            Yeah, what a dumb fanbase for celebrating the coach who won the program's first title in 28 years. What idiots we were.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

You should be watching replays of those games on DVR if you have em, celebrate away.

I do think these results this year were predictable to a lot of people. Maybe not quite this bad in league play but similar.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                You should be watching replays of those games on DVR if you have em, celebrate away.

I do think these results this year were predictable to a lot of people. Maybe not quite this bad in league play but similar.
                                You thought NU would have the national goal scoring leader and three players with at least 8 more points than BC's leading scorer, in spite of their leading goal scorer from last year breaking his wrist and missing every conference game, but lose every game 5-4 because their goaltender is on pace for one of the worst seasons in Hockey East history and they refuse to bench him? Interesting.
                                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 01-12-2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X