This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Here comes the NU second half roll we've all come to something...
    Nice win

Comment

So we all-in on ZARby Baker or what?
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Anyone have an updated time table for Nolan's return?
        1 week after he is cleared for contact...which should be 2 weeks after he starts skating which should be next week...

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Clarkson really looked off.. or maybe we made them look that way with good forecheck & also got their goalie (s) off their game. They've beaten some decent teams & been close in others.
          Huskies took it to them all gm.. sometimes without trying that hard frankly.

Nicely done NU.
          Did Ruck try to score on himself that one time?..
          Also, Filipe hustled though he's got to move the puck on the PP otherwise you have a SHG the other way.

Overeall, nicely done & good way to go into the new yr. Happy & safe New Yr all. Go NU
          NU's speed has surprised just about every team that it has played...Clarkson was no exception...the difference is that we got some goaltending and as good as ZAR was Ruck was the 1st Star for my money...

I disagree with both Madigan and Jones' assessment that Clarkson was off...looked like they played their typical game to me...can't hit what you can't catch...

Comment

Ha...he has to be part of the conversation for sure...

Comment

Presumably, the SID staff is already pushing on this. Or is that too much to presume?
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Is there any word in Pecararo?

Is he still joining for the second half or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                  Is there any word in Pecararo?

Is he still joining for the second half or not?
                  Supposedly some sort of hitch in the paperwork...nothing major, from what I understand...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                    Supposedly some sort of hitch in the paperwork...nothing major, from what I understand...
                    Thanks!

Is there an ETA on his joining the line up?

(One of my colleagues is an extended family member of his and has been wondering when/if he'll play.)

Comment

Yale preview: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-ingalls-rink/

I was wondering about Pec myself, and why if there is a "hitch" it would take until now to resolve. Hopefully it's quick and easy and he can get some games in under his belt before the Beanpot. Speaking of, based on GSM's outline below that puts Nolan returning the last couple days of January, giving him ~ a week to prepare for the Beanpot, with 2 games in there. So Nolan can work some rust off too
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• sounds like a tough outing for Ruck letting in 5 tonight.. would love to hear from someone who heard/ saw the gm. Any softies.. did D lv him out there

congrats to Yale on the (sounds like) hard fought W.

Vermont will be a big big test.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          sounds like a tough outing for Ruck letting in 5 tonight.. would love to hear from someone who heard/ saw the gm. Any softies.. did D lv him out there

congrats to Yale on the (sounds like) hard fought W.

Vermont will be a big big test.
                          Was at the game, three of the goals were high snipes, other two no chance. Not really a defensive lapse, just very hard shots, the DiChiara goal might be the only one that was iffy. Great hard fought game, I think Yales forward depth and forechecking made the difference.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

First goal was a muck in front, whatever. Second was a nice pass to the slot, third was bar down, fourth was pretty bad on a puck he didn't track, fifth was both bar down again and another puck he didn't track. Only one real awful goal, but he went down super early on goal 3 and went down for an initial shot then never recovered after it got blocked on goal 5. Not the worst game he's ever played, but very Ruck-esque.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Was at the game, three of the goals were high snipes, other two no chance. Not really a defensive lapse, just very hard shots, the DiChiara goal might be the only one that was iffy. Great hard fought game, I think Yales forward depth and forechecking made the difference.
                              thx for your take. sounds about like what our G weakness this yr has been. we lost to BC 2-1 in the last seconds of the gm.. on a 'bar down' from (seemed like the blue line).. in the waning ticks. He is def a ? in goal this yr. hoping for the best going into our remaining HE games.

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                              First goal was a muck in front, whatever. Second was a nice pass to the slot, third was bar down, fourth was pretty bad on a puck he didn't track, fifth was both bar down again and another puck he didn't track. Only one real awful goal, but he went down super early on goal 3 and went down for an initial shot then never recovered after it got blocked on goal 5. Not the worst game he's ever played, but very Ruck-esque.
                              thanks. Do you think Theut would have fared better? I have only seen him once (personally) this season in the Notre Dame gm (that ended up being a 2-2 tie at the end).. but he played & looked very poised and solid in the little I did see him. Must be something the Coaches see in practice.. otherwise I'd think least give the kid a chance.
                              Does not look like we will be making close to a run like last season. Would be nice to see some improvement in goal.. not saying tonight is completely Ruck's fault but hoping for some spark going against a solid UVM team. G'luck Huskies!
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Meh. I've come to accept that if Ruck is still starting at this point, there has to be a reason for it. I'd rather start the better goalie than make a change for the sake of making a change. Ruck is bad, but how bad Ruck is has no bearing on whether Theut is worse. We basically have one backup goalie and two third goalies on our roster. Blame the coaches for not fixing it back when Rawlings was here or when Witt was here, but we weren't getting Joe Woll or Jake Oettinger to come in for one year when they know Primeau is coming right around the corner.

Having said that, if we could have just recruited someone Vogler/Tirone/Nichols level instead of Derick Roy level, this would be a completely different season.

Comment

Working...
                                X