X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    York was working Millea almost from the get go of the game and, if my lip reading skills are up to par, Millea was trying to convince Miller that they should review it and was told, almost immediately, that the "dispute" wasn't reviewable.

York had surgery a few weeks ago to reattach his retina.

The non-call that lead to the fifth goal was a joke and highlights everything that has ever been wrong with hockey at all levels.

Ruck is horrible...they shot high on him all night...if he couldn't figure that out then one of the coaches should have and told him to "STOP GOING DOWN!!!"
    It was pretty informative in the BC post game press conference the BC player mentioned that Ruck was off his angles all night. Interesting feedback from an opposing player. Hopefully Ruck can get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Millea had a horror show Saturday night and it wouldn't surprise me if he carried that same form into last night's game. The PP's at one point were 7-1 in favor of UNH with two extended 5X3's mixed in. How he still has a job is beyond me. I don't expect referees to be perfect but at least keep it somewhat even and get most of the big decisions right.
      I wasn't able to watch last night's game so can't comment on the quality of the officiating (or lack thereof). Some general comments, though, not related to any one team: 1) D1 officials in the east (HEA and ECAC) have long had a reputation as being an "old boy" network, where who you know is more important than what you know; 2) Eastern officials tend to hang around too long; 3) The previous two comments aside, officials in any league call games the way the league poohbahs want them called; 4) Through the first eight weeks of the season, an average of seven more penalties per game were being called in HEA and the ECAC than were being called in the B1G and NCHC. 5) They've taken their foot off the pedal a bit in the last few weeks but there are still way too many marginal and outright phantom calls being made, IMO.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        I wasn't able to watch last night's game so can't comment on the quality of the officiating (or lack thereof). Some general comments, though, not related to any one team: 1) D1 officials in the east (HEA and ECAC) have long had a reputation as being an "old boy" network, where who you know is more important than what you know; 2) Eastern officials tend to hang around too long; 3) The previous two comments aside, officials in any league call games the way the league poohbahs want them called; 4) Through the first eight weeks of the season, an average of seven more penalties per game were being called in HEA and the ECAC than were being called in the B1G and NCHC. 5) They've taken their foot off the pedal a bit in the last few weeks but there are still way too many marginal and outright phantom calls being made, IMO.
        The thing I've noticed this year is it seems like the refs go on long runs against one team. In the past it seemed more like penalties would alternate, which works better in my opinion.

Would Hockey East be better off going back to one referee? If they did this you could fire the bottom half of officials(including Millea). I think it's certainly worth taking a look at.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You know in the previous games with Harvard, Minnesota, North Dakota, and even the game at Matthews where BC allowed 7 pp to the huskies , NU only had 1 pp goal. So let's not say we didn't get the calls. It works both ways.
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Wrong game nitwit, that was the game at Matthews.
            So sue me.

Which penalty that night did you *think* was unwarranted? Woods' Paul Bunyan act? Gaudreau, the lesser, whining about Baker not buying his diving act or his boyfriend taking exception to his boy b*tch being legally checked?

And that was the game that Sanford elbowed JStevens in the head...non call.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              You know in the previous games with Harvard, Minnesota, North Dakota, and even the game at Matthews where BC allowed 7 pp to the huskies , NU only had 1 pp goal. So let's not say we didn't get the calls. It works both ways.
              NU played terribly most of the night. That is why they lost the game. Complaints from both benches including Madigan throwing a tantrum that his grandson (if he has one) would be proud of. His player clearly embellished and the ref decided not to call anything rather than both. BC is one of the most penalized teams in the league but finds a way to overcome it. Guess some people will only be happy if they are the most penalized team in the league by a wide margin. And even that's not enough for some.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                "York is the Paterno of hockey"

yet i'm the troll
                This is a Northeastern board, troll. Couldn't care less about offending your God.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Ha, how embarrassing...
                  If you find the internet embarrassing then go play somewhere else...the median on Commonwealth Avenue by BU is as good of a place as any...

Comment

The thing I've noticed this year is it seems like the refs go on long runs against one team.
                    Or player...ZAR seems to be a bullseye this year...NStevens last year...Manson couldn't breathe on anyone without a call being made...

Comment

Would Hockey East be better off going back to one referee? If they did this you could fire the bottom half of officials(including Millea). I think it's certainly worth taking a look at.
                      All of hockey would be better off if they bumped up the pay for these guys so they're not doing PeeWee Minor games @ 2PM and then D1 at 7PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                        It was pretty informative in the BC post game press conference the BC player mentioned that Ruck was off his angles all night. Interesting feedback from an opposing player....
                        That actually is. I've made the point that Ruck is better as a reflexive goalie rather than a positional goalie. It's more than that, IMHO. Something/someone is inside of his head. He's off his mental angles too.

Comment

The league needs to come down hard on both reviews and questioning officials calls after goals. There should be fixed number of reviews allotted. York slows down the tempo of a game with useful purpose and strategy and has been doing it since his days at Clarkson and Bowling Green. You simply can't be a drinking buddy of ref and expect a fairly called game, (Dunngaherins) because Jerry is so well respected he gets far too long a leashe.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Look at PIM numbers. York is doing a terrible job "manipulating" refs. Get a clue.
                            Ha. Never stopped other teams' fans accusing Parker of manipulating refs when his BU coached teams were up at the top of the PIM list.

Comment

Originally posted by rossirules View Post
                              york slows down the tempo of a game with useful purpose and strategy and has been doing it since his days at clarkson and bowling green.
                              bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                                That actually is. I've made the point that Ruck is better as a reflexive goalie rather than a positional goalie. It's more than that, IMHO. Something/someone is inside of his head. He's off his mental angles too.
                                The problem you seem to have is thinking that Ruck is a HE starting goalie. He's not. He had a good run at the end of last season because NU played a group of cupcakes that over inflated his abilities. This season he has to face everyone, including the good teams. If Tiffany-Amber was between the pipes NU would be closer to 7-2-0 and sitting in 2nd place. Instead they are barely ahead of UMO and behind UMass. That's embarrassing. You need to have a talk with Madigan and pull the plug on this kid before the season is a total wash. He is last in GAA, last in Sv% and tied for last in Win %. Time to ride the pine and give Theaut a chance.
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X