This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    If that wasn't goalie interference what exactly is goalie interference?
    ..looks like he jumped on Ruck's back.. dont know what refs saw to call it otherwise. Oh well.. these things tend to even out .. right..:-)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

big extra attacker G at the end there.. will absolutely take it on the road against opponent like that. Way to get back.Go NU
      GO NU HOCKEY
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

and in the excitement, i forgot about OT.
        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

NU should have won but a tie on the road at No. 2 is a great start.
          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            NU should have won but a tie on the road at No. 2 is a great start.
            Hard to argue with that. NU was pressing the attack in OT while QPac looked gassed. Bright spot for the QPac folks is in goal, where unless he was having an out-of-body experience, Truefel looks like a seamless replacement for Garteig.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A tie is better than a loss especially when you’re behind with less than a minute to go. No question that it was a great effort by the Huskies who clearly outplayed the Q after a sluggish first period. Even the Q TV announcers said that the Bobcats were lucky to come out this game with a tie. To me that’s because the Q goalie Truehl outplayed Ruck. However, the same kind of effort may yield a win tomorrow night.

Comment

A ton of puck possession and chances, especially for the top two lines. Jozefek was really impressive, looks like he can replace McMurtry's passing on that line on day 1. Shea and Davies both played as well as you could expect in their first game against a good team. Filipe barely played and when he did he wasn't very noticeable. Overall, that was very encouraging. If they play that well tomorrow they should win.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

If that wasn't goalie interference what exactly is goalie interference?
                  The fact that Ruck was out of his goal and that JStevens nudged L Smith into Ruck probably decided the matter. However, it looked to me like Smith skated right through the crease as the shot was taken. By doing so, he blocked Ruck's path as he attempted to get back into position. Somehow, that went unnoticed. Split-N, is there a violation or two here?

Otherwise. I'd say the better team tied tonight. Happy with their effort.

Comment

How come Patrick Schule has not been playing does anybody know? I thought he played well at the end of last year. And did Rosenthal play tonight?
                    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                      How come Patrick Schule has not been playing does anybody know? I thought he played well at the end of last year. And did Rosenthal play tonight?
                      I agree that Schule played well. Don't know why he isn't playing. Kurker wasn't in the lineup either. He may have been dinged up a bit in the Acadia game. Jamieson played on the 4th line - but not much. Pond and Felipe saw much more icetime.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Northeastern shoots towards sections 42-48 twice. 42-48 is also the student section.

I expect that game to be pretty packed, first home game of the year + unveiling the banner. If you can snag a seat in the balcony front row somewhere, I'd advise that.
                        Looking at section 40. Waiting for some softball parents to get back with me. What will the temps likely be? Vegas kids freeze at 58.

Comment

I'd expect to freeze then. Reallistically if it breaks 60 it'll be a warm day for October, and it'll certainly be in the 40's-50's by night.
                          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 10-08-2016, 12:18 AM.

Comment

..lots to learn, tough outing.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              ..lots to learn, tough outing.
                              Certainly a learning experience against a very good team. Gaudette was very good, no one else was particularly impressive. Rebound next weekend against a team who dismantled UNH tonight.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Certainly a learning experience against a very good team. Gaudette was very good, no one else was particularly impressive. Rebound next weekend against a team who dismantled UNH tonight.
                                Well, after considering the UNH loss and reflecting on being swept by the Falcons last year, at least motivation should not be a factor next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X