Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one cares about this sport except friends & family.. and the occasional diehards at every place.

That is the truth.
    That.. & having options.. all about having other options.

In this city.. there are plenty.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
      Kim could have put that puck just about anywhere where Ruck was not and it was a goal.
      It's one of Jerry's secrets to success. Shoot the puck where the goalie isn't. Been teaching that for years.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
        It's one of Jerry's secrets to success. Shoot the puck where the goalie isn't. Been teaching that for years.
        In this case, he wasn't in a lot of places...I've dissected that goal 90 times over the last 36 hours...absolutely horrible effort...add the goalie coach to the list of money wasted...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
          In this case, he wasn't in a lot of places...I've dissected that goal 90 times over the last 36 hours...absolutely horrible effort...add the goalie coach to the list of money wasted...
          ..i've played that shot in my head couple times.. was wondering (since game night actually, as i could not tell).. was it a clean shot or did it clip the D stick & rise a bit on Ruck?.. great shot any way one looks at it.. but that (deflection) would explain few things.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            ..i've played that shot in my head couple times.. was wondering (since game night actually, as i could not tell).. was it a clean shot or did it clip the D stick & rise a bit on Ruck?.. great shot any way one looks at it.. but that (deflection) would explain few things.

Very clean shot...closest player was ZAR...

Problems

1) Went down far too soon

2) Shouldn't have gone down but since he did he did not come out far enough

3) Went down with pads tucked down under him instead of out beside him which could have given him some upward leverage...

4) Glove was flopping at his side...grossly out of position...

He should have stayed up and his glove should have been out and open...believe it or not, he does that and it's a routine save that he either gloves or just moves his body into...

There's something going on in this kid's head...it's obvious...either the goalie coach is or something off ice is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
              Very clean shot...closest player was ZAR...

Problems

1) Went down far too soon

2) Shouldn't have gone down but since he did he did not come out far enough

3) Went down with pads tucked down under him instead of out beside him which could have given him some upward leverage...

4) Glove was flopping at his side...grossly out of position...

He should have stayed up and his glove should have been out and open...believe it or not, he does that and it's a routine save that he either gloves or just moves his body into...

There's something going on in this kid's head...it's obvious...either the goalie coach is or something off ice is...
              cant disagree with you about him being off.. for sure..
              hope he can turn it around or then Theut or something. We need good goaltending.. that can make up for some of the other stuff going on. Good thing is.. Theut or Ruck.. they get a chance again nxt Tuesday.. go from there.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• I know the team played over the Thanksgivong wknd so can use a break over this wknd.
                still hate this Tues gm scheduling (and back to back to boot!) .. & dead wknd @ Matthews right during the thick of the season.. is it 12/30 yet..
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

I got 6 tix to the game at BC v NU at Conte Tuesday night on Stub HUB for $6.88 each not including tax and handling, that gives you an idea of the value of this sport to the university bottom line. It may still sell out but I doubt it. I hope they can grab a point but with UMASS, NH and now even CT playing well, we are going to need to go on a big run to make a deep run in the HE tournament. I fell the team down one Stevens and with a shaky D (Cockrell nearly useless) and with a net minder who makes mental lapses like he needs a week of R&R at McLain we are going to have a rough time winning 15 games.

Comment

Hot Take: Cockerill isn't nearly as useless as everyone makes him out to be. While he absolutely needs to play better defensively and makes boneheaded plays, he has a 3-9-12 line and was also a direct cause of the only goal we scored last Tuesday. Compare to:

Williams (1-3-4, 0-1-1 since the ASU series, only one even strength point all year and it was against ASU)
                    Shea (1-4-5, 0-2-0 since ASU)
                    Davies (1-3-4, 0-3-3 since ASU)
                    Owens (0-1-1)
                    Cecere (0-0-0)
                    Schechter (0-0-0)

He's a Subban. He does good things and bad things, but nobody else is providing offense from the point and he is.
                    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 12-06-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Go NU
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Hot Take: Cockerill isn't nearly as useless as everyone makes him out to be. While he absolutely needs to play better defensively and makes boneheaded plays, he has a 3-9-12 line and was also a direct cause of the only goal we scored last Tuesday. Compare to:

Williams (1-3-4, 0-1-1 since the ASU series, only one even strength point all year and it was against ASU)
                        Shea (1-4-5, 0-2-0 since ASU)
                        Davies (1-3-4, 0-3-3 since ASU)
                        Owens (0-1-1)
                        Cecere (0-0-0)
                        Schechter (0-0-0)

He's a Subban. He does good things and bad things, but nobody else is providing offense from the point and he is.
                        That's a very fair appraisal of Cockerill. Remember that almost every time we score, a defenseman or forward on the opposition has blown an assignment. If they do it often enough, they get to watch from the stands. JM gave him an "A" when Nolan went down. The must be some reason that we don't know about. His detractors might take notice that the BC player who beat beat Cocker to the net on the first goal was a first round draft pick. He would have beaten anyone else we put on him!

I was thinking about the lack of offense from the third line. I guess it's probably due to the fact that the third line is MIA. Jozefek and Pecararo had terrific Junior careers and were expected to contribute as second or third line players. more scoring was expected of Kurker, though he also brings some toughness. Nolan is a major loss. Lerario is, to me at least, a major disappointment. We were told that he might be the second coming of Rico Rossi. Not exactly. I haven't been able to find the slightest resemblance. Not the slightest. Three assist and three SOGs in 15 games. I suppose he has gotten more ice time due to the other injuries. It's time for him to do more than simply take penalties and miss passes.

We have played solid games at BC in the past few years. 4-3 NU tonight sounds about right to me.

Comment

Gaudette is out hurt. Well. This game was over before it began. This was fun.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Gaudette is out hurt. Well. This game was over before it began. This was fun.
                            The 7-8-9 line is now the ?-?-9 line. Do you have any idea who Sikura gets to play with tonight?

Edit - the lines are shown on SBN. Totally scrambled!
                            Last edited by HHound; 12-06-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                              The 7-8-9 line is now the ?-?-9 line. Do you have any idea who Sikura gets to play with tonight?
                              17-18-19
                              9-12-25
                              22-16-10
                              13-7-11

4-14
                              5-20
                              2-29

Surprised 26 is nowhere to be seen.
                              Last edited by Split-N; 12-06-2016, 05:46 PM.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• 4-3 gm without Gaudette.. & as i type this its 5-3.. tough tome with the injuries Huskies.. hope we have everyone back come 2nd half.. into the stretch.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X