X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    HE scheduled the NU v BC series as a normal home and home next Friday/Saturday but BC had the teams move it to weekdays so that they could play UND in New York.

My guess on Minn is they didnt want to play back to back days if they were playing a rested team Saturday. Personally I'd prefer watching a game today than Black Friday, but neither are great.
    Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Can confirm that the Tuesday/Tuesday BC series was because BC scheduled UND over the weekend they were supposed to play us. I heard that story the day our schedule was released over the summer and it's the weekend we played last year, so it makes sense.
    thank you for the explanation, both of you........... I had a legit question so not sure what idiot gave me neg rep for asking. Jesus, what a moron.............and moron, at least identify yourself, you a-hole. God almighty, what a cowardly jerk

Comment

It is what it is. I'm also annoyed that we have to play that particular home game on an odd-day, but we also partner with BC for some other things like getting the two Minnesota games at Matthews (and we have more paired series with BC scheduled for the coming years) so I guess you take the losses with the wins every once and a while.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        thank you for the explanation, both of you........... I had a legit question so not sure what idiot gave me neg rep for asking. Jesus, what a moron.............and moron, at least identify yourself, you a-hole. God almighty, what a cowardly jerk
        I have no idea why anyone would do that, but please feel free to visit and ask any question you want (except, perhaps, a question concerning when our guys will skate around the Garden with the Beanpot. might be a little sensitive )

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I am thinking sellouts are down across the board...all over the country.
          Your thinking is correct. I'm far, far removed from the millennial generation but I do try to keep tabs on societal and cultural changes. What I'm seeing among a sizeable segment of high school and college kids is a growing indifference to--or even antipathy toward--interscholastic/intercollegiate sports. A lot of reasons for this but among them is the emergence of so-called "E-sports," which keeps kids glued to their Xboxes/Playstations more than ever. That plus social media, Netflix, blah, blah, blah.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            A lot of reasons for this but among them is the emergence of so-called "E-sports," which keeps kids glued to their Xboxes/Playstations more than ever.
            Not looking to get in an argument, but the vast majority of people I know who follow E-sports also follow regular sports. I stopped following the pro LoL scene about a year and a half ago because I lost interest in the game in general, but even when I was watching weekly it was mostly on a second monitor as white noise while I did other things (similar to baseball).
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• ..just look at the smaller kids that do go.. the game is going on right in front of them.. could be Bruins, Huskies.. whomever.. they've got heads buried in their phones.. will cheer on & off otherwise its instagram/.. the chat apps.. whatever.. and these the ones that are somehow convinced/ dragged/.. to go.
              a whole other section does not want to go in the first place.. just not interested. for sure troubling..

..we do it to ourselves!
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ..just look at the smaller kids that do go.. the game is going on right in front of them.. could be Bruins, Huskies.. whomever.. they've got heads buried in their phones.. will cheer on & off otherwise its instagram/.. the chat apps.. whatever.. and these the ones that are somehow convinced/ dragged/.. to go.
                a whole other section does not want to go in the first place.. just not interested. for sure troubling..

..we do it to ourselves!
                oh yeah.. & did i mention for some of us diehards who do go on several wknds (if not all).. they schedule it on back to back Tuesday nights..
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Preview featuring commentary from our friends at BC Interruption http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-interruption/
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Same personnel as Minnesota and PC2, but Filipe is now the RW1 with ZAR and Stevens, switching places with Schule, who is on a line with Pond-Collier. I like this look a lot.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Apparently he hasn't traveled to the other rinks that now serve beer.
                      Yes but its not the norm, for NCAA sports only 34 college football stadiums allow it now. And of the 60 or so college hockey teams less than 20 have any alcohol. NU has a liquor lic. at Matthews that apples to the walls within the Varsity Club only, you cant take lcohol out the door of that room. BC has no alcohol at any games that I am are of and Boston proper has regs that generally prevent it. So I do know! I worked on floating the Bonds that built the Sports Complex and Student Village at BU. BU acquired a lic. form the days of the Boston Braves (now of Atlanta) at the location of Nickerson Field, for years they were the only college team with brews, that lic. was transferred and blocked by the NCAA in 2009, Hancock’s position in the project restored that lic. to the current location thru some legal workings in the development and thru its contractual obligation with Delaware North.

Also 1st period tonight 4 shots.
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 11-29-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                        Yes but its not the norm, for NCAA sports only 34 college football stadiums allow it now. And of the 60 or so college hockey teams less than 20 have any alcohol. NU has a liquor lic. at Matthews that apples to the walls within the Varsity Club only, you cant take lcohol out the door of that room. BC has no alcohol at any games that I am are of and Boston proper has regs that generally prevent it. So I do know! I worked on floating the Bonds that built the Sports Complex and Student Village at BU. BU acquired a lic. form the days of the Boston Braves (now of Atlanta) at the location of Nickerson Field, for years they were the only college team with brews, that lic. was transferred and blocked by the NCAA in 2009, Hancock’s position in the project restored that lic. to the current location thru some legal workings in the development and thru its contractual obligation with Delaware North.

Also 1st period tonight 4 shots.
                        This just makes me feel better about lowell making money selling beers to dad's dragged to Disney on Ice
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

What a surprise, another choke job vs. BC. Nothing changes. Unacceptable goal to lose.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Did that really just happen? What a crock!
                            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

That was really unoriginal BC. Get some new content.

Cockerill...woof. He actually had a couple decent weeks, but he was a train wreck again tonight. On a positive note, Ruck was a lot better tonight.
                              Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-29-2016, 08:21 PM.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

goaltending could ruin a really good season-Also need more forward line depth

Comment

Working...
                                X