X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    ..and g'luck to your team tomorrow.. bit less so on Tues.
    another stupid tuesday night game. HockeyEast #minimize attendance

Comment

Originally posted by JoeGopher View Post
      It was a great third period by the Huskies and the team exploited the weakness of Schierhorn. He has been up and down this entire year, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him hang a shutout in BC tomorrow...
      NU has BC on Tuesday so try not to stir up too much of a hornet's nest up on Chestnut Hill.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• ..and Sacred Heart beats UConn today.. goes to show
        show up unprepared.. get your head handed to you.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          It amazes me that every time we play you on a Friday or Saturday with students on campus the arena is full and the atmosphere is awesome. Yet somehow BC @ NU seems to often be scheduled when the students are on break, or on Tuesday. At least it's not being played at Fenway.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            It was BC's idea, not Hockey East. We're not too crazy about it either!

BTW, I've been watching NU hockey for a ridiculously long time, and I cannot remember winning with a turnaround like we had last night. I can remember having it done TO us, but I can't remember doing that to another team, especially to a quality program like Minnesota. I can hardly blame anyone who turned off the game after two periods. We looked terribly inept during the second period. We could not clear the zone and played on the edge of a cliff for a good part. We got a few good opportunities, but saw rebounds jump over our sticks or had shots that missed the net by a yard. The score was 4-2 MN after two. I was afraid that four goals would be scored in the third period, but not by NU. I was not prepared for what happened, nor were the long suffering fans I was sitting with. It was a shame that there were only a couple of dozen students in the Dog House. We could have hooked a passel of young'uns!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              It was BC's idea, not Hockey East. We're not too crazy about it either!
              how do you know that? My point was though the amount of Tuesday games is insane. We played on election night for Christ's sake. Yesterday the football team was in North Carolina. WIH was at Matthews and the basketball team in Brooklyn. Why not Minnesota at Conti Friday night and at Matthews Saturday night? or vice versa? So we go against the NFL yet again today. The whole thing is just hard to figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                how do you know that? My point was though the amount of Tuesday games is insane. We played on election night for Christ's sake. Yesterday the football team was in North Carolina. WIH was at Matthews and the basketball team in Brooklyn. Why not Minnesota at Conti Friday night and at Matthews Saturday night? or vice versa? So we go against the NFL yet again today. The whole thing is just hard to figure.
                HE scheduled the NU v BC series as a normal home and home next Friday/Saturday but BC had the teams move it to weekdays so that they could play UND in New York.

My guess on Minn is they didnt want to play back to back days if they were playing a rested team Saturday. Personally I'd prefer watching a game today than Black Friday, but neither are great.
                Last edited by Agganis; 11-27-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Can confirm that the Tuesday/Tuesday BC series was because BC scheduled UND over the weekend they were supposed to play us. I heard that story the day our schedule was released over the summer and it's the weekend we played last year, so it makes sense.

Comment

Please what difference does it make when the game is played? NU v BC at BC any night at Conte isn't much of a draw. I bought tix for $5 bucks today for that Tuesday night game away at the Heights. The game at NU it isn't much better. Attendance is down at Matthews. Although the seats at NU are generally sold to about 60 to 70% of the seating chart, people just aren't showing up.

Cronin had it right. The games have to be free to students. Even at Conte where today two of the top teams in the nation battled for 60 minutes in a great game, I purchased a $3 seat 30 minutes before the game started and could sit wherever I wanted for a Sunday 1pm game that happened before many students had returned to campus form Thanksgiving break.

The stands about 1/4 full with many families just trying to get out of their homes after 4 days home with their kids. Anyway, Tuesday, Friday or Saturday we will need to play better because the BC team I saw today is much better than us and the Minnesota team I saw today was not the team we beat on Friday. I believe that if we had played them today we would have lost because the Gophers were skating with authority and purpose and were firing on all cylinders.

Do you think BU would even sell out without that grandfathered liquor license from prohibition that flies directly in the face of NCAA regs, heck even they would have trouble selling out hockey because nobody cares about it but us morons on this site. In Boston there is simply far to many other things to do. In Maine with 5k seats in the middle of nowhere its a night on the town.
                    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-27-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I am thinking sellouts are down across the board...all over the country.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                        Please what difference does it make when the game is played? NU v BC at BC any night at Conte isn't much of a draw. I bought tix for $5 bucks today for that Tuesday night game away at the Heights. The game at NU it isn't much better. Attendance is down at Matthews. Although the seats at NU are generally sold to about 60 to 70% of the seating chart, people just aren't showing up.

Do you think BU would even sell out without that grandfathered liquor license from prohibition that flies directly in the face of NCAA regs, heck even they would have trouble selling out hockey because nobody cares about it but us morons on this site. In Boston there is simply far to many other things to do. In Maine with 5k seats in the middle of nowhere its a night on the town.
                        I mean, Tuesday vs Saturday will obviously impact attendance to a degree, even though I would not have an issue making it either today if it were my team, but if I had kids maybe it would prevent me from going. The larger point (and why I replied) is don't complain about Hockey East scheduling all these weekday games, when they scheduled them for the weekend and the team(s)'s decided to move them to weekdays. As far as I know the only weekday game played by NU, BU, or BC that is HE's "fault" is BU v BC on MLK day.

Also BU has not been selling out games this year alcohol or not, although if the beer was free maybe they would be.

Comment

Minnesota recap: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...ura-hat-trick/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            nice work on the recap. i have to add.. 5x5 they can make it a game on any night & skate. they have to be disciplined about the unforced errors/ penalties. If they can play with that discipline.. will be in a lot of gms & Ruck or Theut with their homework done & we can be very good.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              grandfathered liquor license from prohibition that flies directly in the face of NCAA regs
                              That's simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                That's simply not true.
                                Apparently he hasn't traveled to the other rinks that now serve beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X