This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    prob a little late for here.. but per US Hockey wire,00 D Jordan Harris (Kimball Union, /BJW), has committed to NU.
    Looks like great pick up and won't be here for a few years so he can still grow. NU needs at least one defenseman on the team that is big with a huge slap shot. Not a big skill guy but just a big solid defenseman. Like a Manson type player.
    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      prob a little late for here.. but per US Hockey wire,00 D Jordan Harris (Kimball Union, /BJW), has committed to NU.
      We had a post on the blog for his commitment: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...d-jim-madigan/
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        We had a post on the blog for his commitment: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...d-jim-madigan/
        ..nice write up, thank you. Always good to read about (and try get) the local kids when possible.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
          Ruck is not having a good year thus far. I don't trust him.
          Rawlingsesque?
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

He has a .833 save percentage in the third since conference play started. That's as Rawlings as it gets.

Comment

Ruck gets pulled but then gets put back in?

Comment

And so, the Rawlings era continues. And in case anyone missed it, UConn shutout the mighty BU 4-0. Happy Holidays!
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• I dont get the starting Ruck after yeaterday.. & then he is mediocre again.. then putting in a cold Theut..

Should have given Theut the start.. have him settle in.. see if he could carry it from period 1.. & have Ruck on standby if he did not..

do not like how the Coaches went about this..

..anyway, another close one with shoe on the other foot tonight. Kudos to PC.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

We need to figure out the goaltending situation because we're in danger of wasting a great group of forwards. 8, 9 and 12 all over the score sheet once again. I agree Theut should have started and unless he got hurt, putting Ruck back in didn't make any sense.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      We need to figure out the goaltending situation because we're in danger of wasting a great group of forwards. 8, 9 and 12 all over the score sheet once again. I agree Theut should have started and unless he got hurt, putting Ruck back in didn't make any sense.
                      There are a lot of things that need to get figured out. Picking up a skater off of a faceoff would be near the top of that list. Clearing the net and/or the puck would be a good one too. Staying out of the box - especially if you're a highly valued Senior who is on fire - would be yet another.

At the very top of the list - a goalie making a save.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        Rawlingsesque?
                        Jewer-esque

Comment

You can call it Rawlingsesque or Jewer-esque, however it's really been Madiganesque all along. You all know I have never been a fan and tonight he underlined why I believe he isn't a bench coach. Guy is a good recruiter but I think he is lost being the bench and really has no help with a list of unqualified cronies from his past to help him out. My God! We have three of the best forwards in the entire league and some other great players to support them. He just doesn't have them ready to play in all 3 facets of this game. It's just sad!

Comment

I didn't think Ruck would be playing this bad to be honest. I thought we were coming into the season with a strong goal tender. He isn't seeing the puck well and is giving up way to many second chances with huge rebounds. I never thought he was a super star but expected much stronger play than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                              I didn't think Ruck would be playing this bad to be honest. I thought we were coming into the season with a strong goal tender. He isn't seeing the puck well and is giving up way to many second chances with huge rebounds. I never thought he was a super star but expected much stronger play than this.
                              ..agree. thought after last season he would be more motivated to work on things to get better over summer.. be it camp or conditioning.. def looks off.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                                He's just making bad decisions. The first goal Saturday is a great example. He could have easily smothered that puck. Instead, he made a left pad save and put the puck right in the slot. As an aside, I'm not very happy about Collier's reaction on that play either nor the fact that Pond got picked clean. If your goalies aren't going to pick you up you have to be smart around your own net.

Comment

Working...
                                X