X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    Anybody heard anything about skating with the Huskies after today's game. My 5 year old would love that.
    Not that I know of. The game against Clarkson on 12/30 will have a postgame skate with the team according to the schedule on GoNU.com

Theut in net. Schechter on RW4. Sikura-Gaudette-ZAR top line. Today will be interesting.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

1 Theut, Jake In goal today! As I have been saying a lot of losses have to be pinned on Ruck. He has made some stops but he had let in a lot of bad goals and in order to NU to compete they need a stand out tender. We need to win 2 to 1 and 3 to 2 games. You need to be able to do this against the top teams in HE to compete. If Jake plays well, I believe he can take the net over.

Comment

• Theut looked pretty poised in the 2 periods i saw him.. way to go far as his start..

on a different note.. many years after the 'surge' game, we now have a new one @ Matthews..the broken zam- spinning forklift game..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Theut looked pretty poised in the 2 periods i saw him.. way to go far as his start..

on a different note.. many years after the 'surge' game, we now have a new one @ Matthews..the broken zam- spinning forklift game..
          Agree on Theut. Looked good, made some big saves in close. I think he's earned another start next week against a PC team that struggles to score goals.
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

So does a scoreless two periods count as a shutout for Theut the way a 5 scoreless rain shortened innings counts as a shutout for a pitcher?
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              So does a scoreless two periods count as a shutout for Theut the way a 5 scoreless rain shortened innings counts as a shutout for a pitcher?
              Word is they are gonna try and find a way to squeeze in a finish to the game sometime in the New Year. Whether Frozen Fenway weekend, or when ND plays Merrimack/UMass.
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Can't say i've ever seen that. Years ago i believe BC-north dakota went into the books as a tie due to fog out after one period. No attempt was made to finish game.

Comment

• cant say i've ever seen this either.. 1 of 2 zams breaks down on the ice.. forklift gets on ice (attempts to tow? /push zam..never gets to the zam. get's stuck on ice itself with tyres spinning.. (assuming he did not have snow tires.. just spur of the moment thinking?).. now we have 2 pieces of equipment on ice.. to be picked up.

forklift gets pushed off the ice by on ice staff.. zam 1 tows zam 2.. too bad we couldnt get the darn 3rd in.. kids were playing much better than last night. goalie looked great as well.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Early in the 2007-08 season, the Eagles and Sioux played two scoreless periods before they called off the game because of bad ice. A year earlier, I believe, BU and BC played 10 scoreless minutes in a national TV game at Conte before fog and ice KO'd the game. They replayed the game in full in January of that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      Word is they are gonna try and find a way to squeeze in a finish to the game sometime in the New Year. Whether Frozen Fenway weekend, or when ND plays Merrimack/UMass.
                      If this happens, can the injured guys play or does it have to be the same lineup? And what if one of the guys who played today, is injured then. Very strange scenario.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

If this happens, can the injured guys play or does it have to be the same lineup? And what if one of the guys who played today, is injured then. Very strange scenario.
                        Hockey East released a statement shortly after 8:30 p.m. Sunday, noting a final decision on the final outcome of the game will be made by the league's executive committee later this week. The suspension was in accordance with Rule 82.5 of the NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Book.
                        http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...matthews-arena

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          I have no timetable on his return and was with Harvard coach who usually has info last night and he didn't know anything.
                          Barring setback, he's cleared for full contact starting today and will be in lineup this weekend. NStevens still on schedule for late January. When Jozifek is cleared to return don't expect him to be in the lineup.

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          Tonight's game was fine for 2 periods and then the D and net minding both went South.
                          Ruck was so bad that the bad play of the D got overlooked. Both positions have regressed but the play of the D has just been awful. Jason Smith needs to go. There I said it.

To say that the line combos Friday were absolutely moronic would be a disservice to how they were deployed. You have three top forwards in the NCAA, let alone HE, why are they getting 18 minutes a game going against teams where the Top Line guys are getting 24-26? There was a 4 - 5 minute stretch in the 2nd period where neither ZAR nor Sikura made the ice and then you have them out for the Pity Shift in the 3rd.

Unbelievable.

Also, how in the heck does a D1 major program coach not know how to deploy the PK in a manner that his Top Line isn't on the ice as the penalty expires or, at the least, the next shift?

I need to state that I am absolutely disappointed how none of the newer/3rd-4th line players have stepped up. Filipe has all but disappeared. Lerario is doing pirouettes. Picking is allergic to body contact. Pond can't take three steps without falling down. Jamison had a real chance to show that he could channel that energy into some constructive play. Pffft...nothing...

Comment

Would have to be same lineup with one (*)...you can change goalies. If a player is injured you are short that player. So, no, neither of the Stevens boys nor Kurker could play.

Kurker, btw, is done until January.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Agree on Theut. Looked good, made some big saves in close. I think he's earned another start next week against a PC team that struggles to score goals.
                              The big difference is how he swallowed up pucks. Another difference was his size in net.

Comment

I love Schule but somebody had made a comment that he falls down all the time. I was watching the game online and definitely noticed he does indeed fall all over the place. Gave me a good laugh, all in good fun.
                                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X