This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

I have ~10 students going down for both games. Should be a fun weekend. Hopefully we can at least take a split.

Comment

I will in Boston for the Bentley game. When I pull up the map for tickets, what end is the home end?

Comment

Here we go again, and while a #2 in the pre season poll has me quite optimistic. I think the exhibition game solidified that we may be ok, that said, will stand a test out of the gate with the 2 away at QU. I am going to both Bentley games as this is there last year in that awful Watertown MDC wanted to see a last game over there. At any rate, glad to be back on here and I hope you all had a great Summer. However, back to the important stuff...Husky Hockey!

Comment

Yes that game reminded me of the Quailer game!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
            I will in Boston for the Bentley game. When I pull up the map for tickets, what end is the home end?
            Northeastern shoots towards sections 42-48 twice. 42-48 is also the student section.

I expect that game to be pretty packed, first home game of the year + unveiling the banner. If you can snag a seat in the balcony front row somewhere, I'd advise that.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
              Yes that game reminded me of the Quailer game!
              ..indeed.
              wasnt that St Thomas or someone like that from CIS.. got to his ACL on cheap hit.. kid was out entire season from an 'exhibition' gm..
              never quite the same.. after. Yes, time to rethink these scrimmages.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ..also for anyone going fri/ and or sat.. what a nice job they have done with that arena.. great atmosphere as well.
                I got my tickets today for Sat. night. Looking forward to a good game against a very good team in an arena I have not been in before,

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
                  I got my tickets today for Sat. night. Looking forward to a good game against a very good team in an arena I have not been in before,

You'll enjoy QU's rink. One of my favorites that I have been to. Not a bad seat in the arena. I expect students to be out in full force too
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Starting off with two games at the #2 team in the country is a pretty tough challenge, even for the defending HE champs. If there's anything we learned from last year, it's that this is a process - you hope/expect the team to be noticeably better by the second half of the season, peaking at the right time. That's not to excuse the first half - too many slow starts from Madigan teams over the years. But at least with me, seeing a trophy aloft has banked plenty of good feelings before I get cranky again. I hope that having a #1 goalie in place helps get this season off to a better start. Like most people here I'll be more than happy with a split this weekend, even if they lost two close games to a very good team I wouldn't freak out.
                    Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      Downstairs they shoot twice Sections 10-20...

Comment

NU can make a pretty big statement right out of the gate that last year was not a fluke. It's a really tough spot for the young d-men but sometimes being thrown into the fire can make players grow up pretty fast. I'd certainly sign for a spilt. With most people predicting NU to be somewhere in the 10-20 range nationally, these could be huge pairwise games comes the end of the season.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Much as i'd like a 'W' or two.. i'd be more than happy with a split.
                          if it went to two 4-3 gms in Qs favor.. (something like that).. would not mind as well.
                          These guys have been good for a while now & no surprise they were in last yr's Nat Champ game.

That being said.. Go Huskies! Big (early) test.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Weekend preview http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...ifton-preview/
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              ..good take, thx.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

If that wasn't goalie interference what exactly is goalie interference?
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X