X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
    Sorry, you are obviously a glass is 1/2 full kind of girl and perhaps have not felt the full brunt of utter pain and sheer unadulterated disappointment I have felt following this team around for 5 months a year, every year, for nearly 30 + years....
    Only 30+? You're a mere child.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I personally hate the new womens jerseys. While I've only been following the program for about 5 years now, I like the current setup more than any of the WHKY jerseys or the older mens ones I've seen floating around.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
        With one Stevens back this weekend I think we match up well against a really good ND team at home who gets in late and tired on Thursday night. Still 2 points will be a victory.
        I don't think 2 points is a victory at all. We should take all 4 points this weekend. Yes ND is good but NU should take care of businesses. I don't want to be happy with weekend splits. This team should start sweeping weekend series.
        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

NU picked up commitments from Dylan and Ty Jackson, two brothers (twins) who are from Ontario, Canada. Born in 2001. Both are tiny, 5'4'' and under, but are considered to be skilled playmakers. An OHL scouting service called it a "Very nice pickup for the Huskies."

That's all I got on them. Will hopefully have more when I dig this weekend.
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
            I don't think 2 points is a victory at all. We should take all 4 points this weekend. Yes ND is good but NU should take care of businesses. I don't want to be happy with weekend splits. This team should start sweeping weekend series.
            I'm beginning to believe that this team is going to go only as far as Ruck can take them. A bit disappointed that the flaws that he displayed last season are still starkly evident this season. While Ruck was playing too deep in the net and displaying no foot or lateral speed whatsoever and giving up rebound after rebound, Oettinger stole a game for BU on Saturday.

Guess what...the goalie we face this weekend is just as formidable.

Comment

With one Stevens back this weekend...
              Monday the word was that a decision would be made yesterday. Yesterday, the word was it will be game day. It's less of a structural issue and more of a ROM issue at this point - from what I understand.

Also, I have heard that they moved both Collier and Pond up to center ZAR and Schule which I find to be a bit of a puzzling move. IF anything, I'd throw Collier up on the wing (which is where they should be playing him anyway, IMHO) with those two to keep his speed wide as ZAR draws attention and creates a lot of room ...move Pond up with Kurker and Lerario and have Picking center Rosenthal and Jameson and have them take 2 shifts a period.

I'd also like to see Schecter play over Owens.

Comment

Stating the obvious here but we absolutely can't get swept this weekend. At 0-4-1 (with 4 out of 5 at home) a first round bye is almost already out of the equation. Any word on JStevens?

Edit: Just saw the lines and he is still out. So are Kurker and Jozy.
                Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-12-2016, 04:08 PM.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Only 30+? You're a mere child.
                  30 plus years of watching since I went to NU. So if you do the math I am in my 50's !

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    Stating the obvious here but we absolutely can't get swept this weekend. At 0-4-1 (with 4 out of 5 at home) a first round bye is almost already out of the equation. Any word on JStevens?

Edit: Just saw the lines and he is still out. So are Kurker and Jozy.
                    I have no timetable on his return and was with Harvard coach who usually has info last night and he didn't know anything. Tonight's game was fine for 2 periods and then the D and net minding both went South. We need a point tomorrow or a 1st round bye is out of reach. They don't look good but I have been saying 5th or 6th place for a few weeks now. Tomorrow is a 3pm game and I may try to do it before the PATs late night game. Oh well it wouldn't be NU hockey if we weren't in the basement at Christmas!
                    Last edited by RossiRules; 11-12-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• ..awful third period.

Kudos to ND for taking it to us, on the road.
                      Hopefully team can give them a fight tomorrow. Our puck movement (or lack thereof was very noticeable).
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• not to mention (even with the shooting lanes open).. terrible shot selection this gm.

Lets regroup & get something going Sunday.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

30 plus years of watching since I went to NU. So if you do the math I am in my 50's !
                          What I was trying to say was that some of us have been suffering with this program for considerably longer than 30 years. So if you're in your 50s, you're still a mere child, relatively speaking.
                          Last edited by Split-N; 11-13-2016, 08:27 AM.
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            not to mention (even with the shooting lanes open).. terrible shot selection this gm.

Lets regroup & get something going Sunday.
                            It would help if forwards other than ZAR, Gaudette, and Sikura would score some goals against HE teams.

Comment

Anybody heard anything about skating with the Huskies after today's game. My 5 year old would love that.
                              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                What I was trying to say was that some of us have been suffering with this program for considerably longer than 30 years. So if you're in your 50s, you're still a mere child, relatively speaking.
                                Rossi isn't even the longest suffering Husky hockey fan in his own home town! I've got him by at least 15 years and you, Split-N, are several years beyond that. He is only "parboiled". More suffering, but more excitement in his future.

Comment

Working...
                                X