X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
    Are you referring to the second goal? There was barely any contact there.
    You are not to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Did you watch the same game that I did? Huskies totally outplayed BU for most of the night.
      Wow Rossi Rules. Didn't know a post complimenting your team was worth of (an attempt at) negative rep. My apologies. I'll do better next time!!

I asked in the game thread but no one responded - how come you moved your band? I thought they always sounded great above the net over the suite. They didn't sound as loud in the corner.

Comment

They move around on an annual basis, likely at the whim of whatever administrator was hired that year. They were in the corner one year, in the lower bowl below the DogHouse one year, across the arena one year, now they're back in the corner. I personally prefer them in the corner because they make that side of the arena seem fuller on the sparse days and they can be more of a part of the student section there. After October that other end pretty much ever fills except for a few special games (Homecoming, the first game of spring, vs. BU or BC) so they're always over there alone, which I'm sure isn't much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
          They move around on an annual basis, likely at the whim of whatever administrator was hired that year. They were in the corner one year, in the lower bowl below the DogHouse one year, across the arena one year, now they're back in the corner. I personally prefer them in the corner because they make that side of the arena seem fuller on the sparse days and they can be more of a part of the student section there. After October that other end pretty much ever fills except for a few special games (Homecoming, the first game of spring, vs. BU or BC) so they're always over there alone, which I'm sure isn't much fun.
          Maybe it's because I only go there when BU plays that it seems like it's never sparse. The balcony was pretty full on both ends on Friday.

Comment

Wow Rossi Rules. Didn't know a post complimenting your team was worth of (an attempt at) negative rep. My apologies. I'll do better next time!!

I asked in the game thread but no one responded - how come you moved your band? I thought they always sounded great above the net over the suite. They didn't sound as loud in the corner.
            I got a neg rep from RossiRules also because I disagreed with the poster that said Greenway is very dirty. Little does he know that because he is in the red, his neg rep comes as gray and doesn't take any rep away. So petty.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              and i know koharski reviewed it.. he barely reviewed it & could tell had his mind made up and was not going to overturn the G. Luckily for us that night.. the players moved on.. were resilient and played full 3 periods & more. not so much on saturday. was a weak 2nd & team paid for it. hopefully take all this as learning and keep getting stronger as the season progresses.
              The problem here is he can't review the play and retroactively assess a penalty then overturn the goal if the interference did not occur when it was scored. IIRC the sequence correctly, the contact was made initially, then about 10-15 seconds later the goal was scored. There wasn't any contact on the shot that scored, thus he's not allowed to overturn the goal because there was an uncalled interference that occurred prior in the play. At least this is how it was explained to me by my referee friend.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Maybe it's because I only go there when BU plays that it seems like it's never sparse. The balcony was pretty full on both ends on Friday.
                BU is always one of the top few games of the year for student tickets so long as it isn't during Spring Break. It was #1 last year and is the only DogHouse sellout thus far this year. (It doesn't actually look sold out because some kids would rather stand behind the full end or in the sections next to it than go to the other end)
                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 11-07-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Saw Donny Sweeney at the game on Friday. I figured he was there to watch McAvoy and JFK, but also possibly ZAR, who should be a fairy sought after UDFA after the year.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

We love you Scarlet. Mookie too (but not as much as you)
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      Saw Donny Sweeney at the game on Friday. I figured he was there to watch McAvoy and JFK, but also possibly ZAR, who should be a fairy sought after UDFA after the year.
                      Is there something we don't know?
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        We love you Scarlet. Mookie too (but not as much as you)
                        *blushing*

Oh, I had one more question I meant to ask last week! I saw on Twitter that the women's team got new jerseys. I know I always joke that you guys have so many, but I really liked what they did with the design. It was a red jersey with black accents (I think?). I was wondering if the men's team was going to get them.

Comment

*blushing*

Oh, I had one more question I meant to ask last week! I saw on Twitter that the women's team got new jerseys. I know I always joke that you guys have so many, but I really liked what they did with the design. It was a red jersey with black accents (I think?). I was wondering if the men's team was going to get them.
                          I would doubt that the men would want the same jersey as the women. Not a sexist thing. They have three jerseys (Red White and Black) that work just fine.

Comment

*blushing*

For the record, I liked them too and as far as I know there is no change due for the men this season. I do think and upgrade is coming though, one team at a time.
                            Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

With one Stevens back this weekend I think we match up well against a really good ND team at home who gets in late and tired on Thursday night. Still 2 points will be a victory.
                              Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2016, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Sorry, you are obviously a glass is 1/2 full kind of girl and perhaps have not felt the full brunt of utter pain and sheer unadulterated disappointment I have felt following this team around for 5 months a year, every year, for nearly 30 + years. If negativity were people I would be China. I do enjoy your posts though.
                                Last edited by RossiRules; 11-08-2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X