This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Tanner Pond does so much unsung work for this team. He is a fan favorite. Great to see Schule back in action. Defense needs to get on the same page, especially carrying the puck up ice.
    These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
      Greenway is very dirty but for bu

Comment

Greenway hangs around the net a lot. Lingers after the whistle and then gets the expected chops and shoves. Pretty standard stuff. Your little guy (13) whacked Greenway twice in the back after a whistle. He seemed personally offended by Greenway and went on tilt.

Not saying he doesn't take shots, just that I didn't notice anything outside the usual net front scrums- hardly dirty. OTOH, I'm sure he runs his mouth and the taunting after he scored deserved a slash from the bench.
        Go BU!

Comment

Lerario looks like he has a little Joey Diamond in him. Every week he's jawing with somebody. At least he seems to play the pest role pretty well. Once again Kurker's penalties tonight were completely avoidable and dumb.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
            Lerario looks like he has a little Joey Diamond in him. Every week he's jawing with somebody. At least he seems to play the pest role pretty well. Once again Kurker's penalties tonight were completely avoidable and dumb.
            Joey Diamond was a thug who brought offense. So far, Lerario seems to have left his offensive side back in Lincoln. He has the odd statistic of 2 assists with just 1 SOG after skating a regular shift on the third line for 8 games.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post

The 1st goal given up by Ruck was not his fault it was a give away in front of the net by a not ready for prime time # 20 Eric Williams...
              A mistake that big can't help but be a learning experience. I think Williams will now be more careful in handling the puck in his own end, especially when on a power play. It took until Gaudette's goal in the 3rd period for the Huskies to recover from that first period shorty.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                Joey Diamond was a thug who brought offense. So far, Lerario seems to have left his offensive side back in Lincoln. He has the odd statistic of 2 assists with just 1 SOG after skating a regular shift on the third line for 8 games.
                Just looked back at Diamond's freshman year and he only put up 9-3-12 in 32 games and IIRC a lot of that production came late in the year and in the HE playoffs. Not saying Lerario will develop offensively like Diamond did, just pointing out that he didn't bring much offense early in his college career.

A side note, and I acknowledge a lot can change between now and when this actually is a question, but who would be the healthy scratches if Pec and the Stevens could play tonight? I'm guessing the 4th line wing of Picking/Jamieson/Rosenthal, Kurker and Lerario. I guess Jozy would be another option, he looked awesome the first couple games, but seems to have fallen out of favor a bit. Schule and Pond aren't as skilled as some of those guys, but I've really liked Pond's game the past few weeks. I'd love to get everyone healthy and have them on an effective 4th line like we had at the end of last year.
                Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 11-05-2016, 11:43 AM.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I think the fourth line wing and Lerario are the two obvious ones. The third slot would be a big question. I can't imagine it being Kuker or Jozy, but I don't think we have a fourth center if you remove Pond.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...te-shea-davies

Some good quotes from Madigan re: Gaudette, Filipe, Shea and Davies, and the Matthews Arena atmosphere Friday night
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So does anybody have any idea when the Stevens will be back or are these season ending injuries?

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...te-shea-davies

Some good quotes from Madigan re: Gaudette, Filipe, Shea and Davies, and the Matthews Arena atmosphere Friday night
                        nice, thx.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                          So does anybody have any idea when the Stevens will be back or are these season ending injuries?
                          John, any week now. Saw him last nice with ice on his shoulder. Nolan, not until next semester. He needed surgery.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            I think the fourth line wing and Lerario are the two obvious ones. The third slot would be a big question. I can't imagine it being Kuker or Jozy, but I don't think we have a fourth center if you remove Pond.
                            Picking is a center or was through junior hockey. He's been playing on the wing because of a the crowd of seniors in front of him.

Comment

Pond has been seeing a lot of action on the PK too. I've got to think that indicates that he's done enough to earn Madigan's trust and would stay in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                                Pond has been seeing a lot of action on the PK too. I've got to think that indicates that he's done enough to earn Madigan's trust and would stay in the lineup.
                                Absolutely he is a beast, motor never stops. Schule and Pond are so important to this team. Not gonna score many goals but create them with forcing turnovers. Fan favorites for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X