X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    I'm not being coy...the specific injury never gets discussed in public you should know this...he injured himself in practice when he fell awkwardly and dislocated something severe enough that he needs surgery to repair it...
    We just learned about these types of injuries in PA school, awful to see it come to fruition on one of our own players. Terrible news, hopefully he can come back and contribute for the Beanpot/playoff push. If it was a dislocation set back into place I'd imagine he'd be healthy enough for the Beanpot...we'll see. Pecararo's absence is glaring right now, we could use him this weekend. Hopefully John is back. Facing BU sans one Stevens is bad enough, losing John would be a jugular blow, especially considering our current performance in faceoffs.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      I hope he waits to come back to school until the anesthesia wears off.

In my day...never mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        In other news, He Who Shall Not be Named scored two goals in the last 90 seconds of Saturday's game to enable Minnesota to salvage a tie against St Lawrence.
        He's going to get his points...put a body on him.

Comment

Teemu!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
            Teemu!!
            To put this into context: NU has received a commitment from '97 C Eetu Selanne, son of NHL legend Teemu. Plays for the Madison Capitols in the USHL
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
              He's going to get his points...put a body on him.
              Only one of the goals was actually his.

As far as Selanne, that could be great for donations down the road. Hopefully Vanek's kids come to the U if they are good players (or play at all).

Comment

Transfer for Northeastern:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...-bowling-green
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

This weekend will be fun.
                  Not talking results, just crowds and environment.

You guys always provide an excellent and fun experience at Matthews

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

Posted Today, 02:09 PM

From the "What Goes Around, Comes Around" department":

:

http://www.elitepros...p?player=204806

Older FOH members and fans will remember Mark Lori, A RW who had a breakout year in "84-'85 (JM's Senior season). Suddenly he transferred to BGSU with some excuse that his brother was ill and he wanted to be closer to home (Detroit area). Now it's our turn to reciprocate. To be sure, our coaches checked him out carefully. They seem to value team harmony/karma-ny as much as they value hockey skills.

Unfortunately, IIRC, Lori was plagued by injuries during his time at BGSU and never accomplished much there.
                    Last edited by HHound; 11-04-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• nice to get something (HE points wise) tonight with what we have.
                      gotta watch the stupid penalties (guess good teams force those on you).. but still. and that shg was atrocious!

also, the pp.. communication was amiss..
                      still, nice to comeback like that & force tie in last mins.. especially with our bench. tomorrow wont be pretty either but hey guys.. make a game if it!.. Go NU
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did you watch the same game that I did? Huskies totally outplayed BU for most of the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Did you watch the same game that I did? Huskies totally outplayed BU for most of the night.
                          This was supposed to be in the game thread-sorry about that. But the sentiment stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I don't know about that....bu had some great chances and I thought Ruck really played well most of the night and kept them in it. NU had some very nice snipes but I thought there was a lot of play in their own end...but maybe that's just me being scarred by our history of terrible defensive play (and reinforced by Williams' turnover). NU certainly had the better of OT.

I thought the refs were very good for 2 periods....the third was not good. ZAR would've been goat of the game for that stupid penalty he took with 5 minutes left that gave bu the PP that put them ahead, he needs to be smarter than that.

Comment

OMG, again we were outplayed most of the night I am not sure how many people on here understand that. Our players looked lost and we are lucky to have a point. This is now my 6th game. Here is my take on the game.

The 1st goal given up by Ruck was not his fault it was a give away in front of the net by a not ready for prime time # 20 Eric Williams who skates and stick handles about as well as a slug. There was one other that I put on Ruck. He has had problems 5 hole and with low shots on the ice. He is also a train wreck in high traffic and need to get better quick. Out of the net, he looks pretty shaky too. The other 2 goals were tips but he was not in the correct position see the video on youtube.

That said the shifts of many of the guys that Jim has called up were marginal with exception of perhaps John Picking who showed some grit, speed and sticking handling in the OZ, his play was also bolstered by some great smart 3 zone hockey by Matt Filipe.

BU played far better fundamental hockey and was more controlled thru the neutral zone and out shot us 33 to 22. Garrett played better tonight, but the reason we tied was again the stellar offensive play of ZAR, Gaudette and Sikura, who were the most noticeably talented players on the ice. Also is Adam Greenway the dirtiest player in HE since Miles Wood?

We need to play better team hockey going forward and take far fewer penalties. Although,so far the refs have called more penalties than I have ever seen in the 1st month of a season. I know Jim is patching this together right now. Who has a status on injuries and returns. I have 4 great seats at BU tomorrow and we will need a better effort for sure to take home 2 points. We did play better in the 3rd period and OT. However we should have won this game...mistakes and bad penalties cost us! We did back check the heck out of them and were really pesky and kept battleing.
                              Last edited by RossiRules; 11-04-2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Greenway is very dirty but for bu he is effective. I agree team looked lost at times. For instance there were times when nobody knew who was bringing the puck up the ice. I think having the Stevens brothers out was a big part of it. I hope they get well soon. The good part was they never gave up and getting that tie at the end felt like a win.
                                These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X