PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

brassbonanza
11-07-2016, 11:31 AM
and i know koharski reviewed it.. he barely reviewed it & could tell had his mind made up and was not going to overturn the G. Luckily for us that night.. the players moved on.. were resilient and played full 3 periods & more. not so much on saturday. was a weak 2nd & team paid for it. hopefully take all this as learning and keep getting stronger as the season progresses.

The problem here is he can't review the play and retroactively assess a penalty then overturn the goal if the interference did not occur when it was scored. IIRC the sequence correctly, the contact was made initially, then about 10-15 seconds later the goal was scored. There wasn't any contact on the shot that scored, thus he's not allowed to overturn the goal because there was an uncalled interference that occurred prior in the play. At least this is how it was explained to me by my referee friend.

TheRevengeance
11-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Maybe it's because I only go there when BU plays that it seems like it's never sparse. The balcony was pretty full on both ends on Friday.

BU is always one of the top few games of the year for student tickets so long as it isn't during Spring Break. It was #1 last year and is the only DogHouse sellout thus far this year. (It doesn't actually look sold out because some kids would rather stand behind the full end or in the sections next to it than go to the other end)

Thiessen'sBetter
11-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Saw Donny Sweeney at the game on Friday. I figured he was there to watch McAvoy and JFK, but also possibly ZAR, who should be a fairy sought after UDFA after the year.

Split-N
11-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Wow Rossi Rules. Didn't know a post complimenting your team was worth of (an attempt at) negative rep. My apologies. I'll do better next time!! :)
I asked in the game thread but no one responded - how come you moved your band? I thought they always sounded great above the net over the suite. They didn't sound as loud in the corner.

We love you Scarlet. Mookie too (but not as much as you)

Split-N
11-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Saw Donny Sweeney at the game on Friday. I figured he was there to watch McAvoy and JFK, but also possibly ZAR, who should be a fairy sought after UDFA after the year.

Is there something we don't know?

Scarlet
11-07-2016, 01:56 PM
We love you Scarlet. Mookie too (but not as much as you)

*blushing*

Oh, I had one more question I meant to ask last week! I saw on Twitter that the women's team got new jerseys. I know I always joke that you guys have so many, but I really liked what they did with the design. It was a red jersey with black accents (I think?). I was wondering if the men's team was going to get them.

HHound
11-07-2016, 02:42 PM
*blushing*

Oh, I had one more question I meant to ask last week! I saw on Twitter that the women's team got new jerseys. I know I always joke that you guys have so many, but I really liked what they did with the design. It was a red jersey with black accents (I think?). I was wondering if the men's team was going to get them.

I would doubt that the men would want the same jersey as the women. Not a sexist thing. They have three jerseys (Red White and Black) that work just fine.:cool:

RossiRules
11-08-2016, 02:27 AM
*blushing*

For the record, I liked them too and as far as I know there is no change due for the men this season. I do think and upgrade is coming though, one team at a time.

RossiRules
11-08-2016, 02:33 AM
With one Stevens back this weekend I think we match up well against a really good ND team at home who gets in late and tired on Thursday night. Still 2 points will be a victory.

RossiRules
11-08-2016, 02:38 AM
Wow Rossi Rules. Didn't know a post complimenting your team was worth of (an attempt at) negative rep. My apologies. I'll do better next time!! :)

I asked in the game thread but no one responded - how come you moved your band? I thought they always sounded great above the net over the suite. They didn't sound as loud in the corner.

Sorry, you are obviously a glass is 1/2 full kind of girl and perhaps have not felt the full brunt of utter pain and sheer unadulterated disappointment I have felt following this team around for 5 months a year, every year, for nearly 30 + years. If negativity were people I would be China. I do enjoy your posts though.

Split-N
11-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Sorry, you are obviously a glass is 1/2 full kind of girl and perhaps have not felt the full brunt of utter pain and sheer unadulterated disappointment I have felt following this team around for 5 months a year, every year, for nearly 30 + years....

Only 30+? You're a mere child.

TheRevengeance
11-08-2016, 01:40 PM
I personally hate the new womens jerseys. While I've only been following the program for about 5 years now, I like the current setup more than any of the WHKY jerseys or the older mens ones I've seen floating around.

Tilldog40
11-08-2016, 08:30 PM
With one Stevens back this weekend I think we match up well against a really good ND team at home who gets in late and tired on Thursday night. Still 2 points will be a victory.

I don't think 2 points is a victory at all. We should take all 4 points this weekend. Yes ND is good but NU should take care of businesses. I don't want to be happy with weekend splits. This team should start sweeping weekend series.

NU_Husky
11-09-2016, 10:01 PM
NU picked up commitments from Dylan and Ty Jackson, two brothers (twins) who are from Ontario, Canada. Born in 2001. Both are tiny, 5'4'' and under, but are considered to be skilled playmakers. An OHL scouting service called it a "Very nice pickup for the Huskies."

That's all I got on them. Will hopefully have more when I dig this weekend.

Gr8Sk8M8
11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
I don't think 2 points is a victory at all. We should take all 4 points this weekend. Yes ND is good but NU should take care of businesses. I don't want to be happy with weekend splits. This team should start sweeping weekend series.

I'm beginning to believe that this team is going to go only as far as Ruck can take them. A bit disappointed that the flaws that he displayed last season are still starkly evident this season. While Ruck was playing too deep in the net and displaying no foot or lateral speed whatsoever and giving up rebound after rebound, Oettinger stole a game for BU on Saturday.

Guess what...the goalie we face this weekend is just as formidable.

Gr8Sk8M8
11-10-2016, 08:56 AM
With one Stevens back this weekend...

Monday the word was that a decision would be made yesterday. Yesterday, the word was it will be game day. It's less of a structural issue and more of a ROM issue at this point - from what I understand.

Also, I have heard that they moved both Collier and Pond up to center ZAR and Schule which I find to be a bit of a puzzling move. IF anything, I'd throw Collier up on the wing (which is where they should be playing him anyway, IMHO) with those two to keep his speed wide as ZAR draws attention and creates a lot of room ...move Pond up with Kurker and Lerario and have Picking center Rosenthal and Jameson and have them take 2 shifts a period.

I'd also like to see Schecter play over Owens.

Thiessen'sBetter
11-12-2016, 04:05 PM
Stating the obvious here but we absolutely can't get swept this weekend. At 0-4-1 (with 4 out of 5 at home) a first round bye is almost already out of the equation. Any word on JStevens?

Edit: Just saw the lines and he is still out. So are Kurker and Jozy.

RossiRules
11-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Only 30+? You're a mere child.

30 plus years of watching since I went to NU. So if you do the math I am in my 50's !

RossiRules
11-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Stating the obvious here but we absolutely can't get swept this weekend. At 0-4-1 (with 4 out of 5 at home) a first round bye is almost already out of the equation. Any word on JStevens?

Edit: Just saw the lines and he is still out. So are Kurker and Jozy.

I have no timetable on his return and was with Harvard coach who usually has info last night and he didn't know anything. Tonight's game was fine for 2 periods and then the D and net minding both went South. We need a point tomorrow or a 1st round bye is out of reach. They don't look good but I have been saying 5th or 6th place for a few weeks now. Tomorrow is a 3pm game and I may try to do it before the PATs late night game. Oh well it wouldn't be NU hockey if we weren't in the basement at Christmas!

northeastern
11-12-2016, 09:15 PM
..awful third period.

Kudos to ND for taking it to us, on the road.
Hopefully team can give them a fight tomorrow. Our puck movement (or lack thereof was very noticeable).