This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

So by these reactions I can only assume you're talking about 12, 21 or 8.

Edit: NU hockey just posted the pre-game locker room picture on Twitter. I saw 8 and 12, I did not see 21.
    Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 10-30-2016, 11:14 AM.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Picture in question. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwBzVuNXgAQumNi.jpg:large

If you look on the far right, Cockerill has an A on his jersey as well.

Comment

It appears Revengeance was right. Lines are out. Good news is Jozefek is back. Bad news is both Stevens boys are out.

Filipe-ZAR-Griffin
        Sikura-Gaudette-Jozefek
        Lerario-Collier-Kurker
        Jamieson-Pond-Rosenthal

No changes to the defense
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

21 is who I was referring to, I assume it's who gr8 was referring to as well. Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later, because I'd dread playing BU with neither Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            21 is who I was referring to, I assume it's who gr8 was referring to as well. Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later, because I'd dread playing BU with neither Stevens.
            Don't count on him sooner.

Comment

Just caught the last period. Cockeril played horrible.
              These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                Just caught the last period. Cockeril played horrible.
                This was a BAD loss. Cockerill played terrible, and still gets too much ice time. Collier missed a wide open 2-on-1 after being fed perfectly by Kurker that could have tied it. Ruck lets in 2 soft goals, didn't see the third but sounds like it was a scrum goal. Season low in SOG and had difficulties breaking out of their own zone.

This was the game we needed to secure points in, going into BU/ND/PC/BC the next 8 games. Didn't happen. Couple with the injury news, and this is a bad, bad week.

Put me in the panic boat
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  Ruck lets in 2 soft goals, didn't see the third but sounds like it was a scrum goal. Season low in SOG and had difficulties breaking out of their own zone.
                  Actually not a scrum goal. Craig Puffer on a partial break down the side, beat Ruck 5-hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    Actually not a scrum goal. Craig Puffer on a partial break down the side, beat Ruck 5-hole.
                    Nice 'W' UVM. Got our work cut out.. & that's exactly where if you are a good team.. you find out. No panic here yet.. not after last yr.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Cockerill had position on Puffer, got torched, and Ruck gave up a softie. Really bad sequence, but pretty typical for Cockerill today. Frustrating game, scored two highlight reel goals on the first three shots and then Lekkas was solid, and made an unbelievable save point-black on Williams halfway through the 3rd. I don't know if I've ever seen a team send out that many different line combos in one game. I know it's tough with the Stevens brothers both out, but there wasn't much chemistry or consistency out there. I was really hoping to see Griffin and Filipe pick their games up with 18 and 21 out but unfortunately that didn't happen. Hopefully a full barn can propel them to a win on Friday night.

Comment

So what, exactly, is an "upper body injury?" Seems to me that could include anything from a clogged hair follicle to a swollen belly button and all manner or fractures, sprains, strains, contusions, dislocations, and lacerations in between. Is there something in HIPAA that prohibits getting any more specific? Honest question.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          Mistyped that, meant to say the second sounded like a scrum goal. Saw the third, definitely was a soft 5 hole.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

First goal was the scrum goal.

Second (I couldn't really see) and third may have been soft but the D got beat badly on both and then it was a 1v1. I understand your frustration though... would expect to have seen a save on on of the two.

Your second was one of the best individual goals I've seen in a long time. Sikora (I think) beat the whole team on that one. Think you're right to stay calm and ride out the injuries, you guys are a talented team.

Comment

It looked like 20-30 seconds before UVM scored their 2nd goal they were close to being offside entering the zone. Is this reviewable in non-TV college hockey games? I'm certainly alright with it not being reviewable since it's gotten ridiculous in the NHL and there was a lot of time between the zone entry and the goal but just curious.

Comment

Ok I have seen 5 games and the results are fair at best. Although it was kind of a trap game against a good VT team after two vs. a bad AZ team, the reality is that even though the D got beat the 1 and 3 goals were kind of soft, the goal at Bentley was also soft as were a few last week. This team will not be good enough to overcome any soft goals against the metal of the league and if RUCK does not play better we are going to be in the middle of the pack, which is reality may be exactly where we belong.

Not getting a HE point at home after having a lead for most of this game was a huge let down. Next week against a superior BU team we will need to play a lot better or we won't come away with any points. We have perhaps 2 or 3 of the most talented players in the league in ZAR, Sikura and A.G. but they are playing like this is Mite hockey, trying to go end to end. I smell a typical NU HE start. Without one Stevens brother we will struggle but missing both for the 1st time since 2013 is hurting in a big way. Not sure how long they will be out but some of the kids called up were not ready for prime time tonight and Cockerill got burnt more than all of the voters in MA who are voting "Yes on 4!" this Tuesday.
                                Last edited by RossiRules; 10-30-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X