This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    I thought Lerario played well there last night, and he would mesh well with the first line's mentality of "heavy on pucks" and "control the boards."

My money is something related to Stevens' shoulder. The hit he took looked like direct impact on the shoulder, I'd be something in the AC joint. Hope he comes back soon. 2 years in a row we lose our captain early. Absolutely sucks. John was on pace to break the NU record for games played in a career too.
    Showing we don't know anything, JIm being unorthodox with the lines now that Johnny is hurt.

Nolan-ZAR-Griffin
    Sikura-Gaudette-Lerario
    Filipe-Collier-Kurker
    Jamieson-Pond-Picking
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

more balanced attack thus far tonight.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Any weekend that results in a pair of wins is a positive, but losing Johnny certainly puts a damper on it. I wasn't able to watch last night, how did ZAR look at center? Looking forward to starting Hockey East play, UVM won and tied at a solid Omaha team this weekend, so Sunday certainly won't be an easy game.
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• ..could have swore i read box score that said uvm lost that first gm in 2nd ot.. on Fri.. something like that.. but i may be wrong.
          nevertheless.. they always come ready to play full 60.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            ..could have swore i read box score that said uvm lost that first gm in 2nd ot.. on Fri.. .
            Here's the deal: The NCHC is one of the "gimmick" conferences that goes to a 3x3 2nd OT and shootout if necessary to determine a winner, with the win counting in the standings. But that applies only to NCHC league games. When an NCHC team hosts an out-of-conference opponent, the 3x3 2nd OT and (if necessary) shootout is only for show. The score at the end of the regulation 5x5 OT is the final score. Thus, UVM officially tied and won at Omaha.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Here's the deal: The NCHC is one of the "gimmick" conferences that goes to a 3x3 2nd OT and shootout if necessary to determine a winner, with the win counting in the standings. But that applies only to NCHC league games. When an NCHC team hosts an out-of-conference opponent, the 3x3 2nd OT and (if necessary) shootout is only for show. The score at the end of the regulation 5x5 OT is the final score. Thus, UVM officially tied and won at Omaha.
              ha.. thank you.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• ..and for the record.. i just asked a fella who follows uvm.. and yes.. they lost 6-5 in the 2nd OT (3on3 play).. but as said here..the gm counted as a 'tie'. Crazy. Oh well.. gotta worry about ourselves.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  ..and for the record.. i just asked a fella who follows uvm.. and yes.. they lost 6-5 in the 2nd OT (3on3 play).. but as said here..the gm counted as a 'tie'. Crazy. Oh well.. gotta worry about ourselves.
                  *correction above score was 5-4.. gm counted as 4-4 tie.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    i don't think you meant that against split-n .. but if you did, ..he defends NU hockey plenty. Actually the trolls are getting to you.. so, chill. Let it go.
                    Trust me when I tell you that I believe we are one pack.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      Cockerill has definitely been bad. The second goal tonight was all his fault. I really like him too, hopefully he gets his s*** together and becomes this year's version of Benning.
                      I've never been a fan of his going back to his time in the USHL. Let's leave it at that.

As for C1, Filipe is the only reasonable answer, unless ZAR has experience at C
                      ZAR played center in Lincoln his last season there and he stepped right in and did a great job on Friday and Saturday. I would have liked to have seen Filipe moved up to the wing on that line and left the 2nd line alone. Stevens'/ZAR chemistry is genuine and Filipe's natural instinct for the game would be well served playing with those 2. Leaving the second line intact would have allowed them to develop the same.

My prediction is for us to not get used to Filipe being around past his sophomore season...the difference between his play this weekend and last weekend was stark. So much upside and he's filling it.

...the second line shouldn't be touched and nobody else in the bottom six or lower deserves it.
                      I agree with first part disagree with second part. This team has a lot of talent past the usual Top 6. I just believed that both long term and short term the team would be better served with Filipe on the first line.
                      Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 10-24-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                        Jozy won't play tonight. Hopefully he will return against UVM. I can't remember seeing ZAR spend any meaningful time as a center. I agree about the second line. If it a'int broke... Jozy may be on the third line when he comes back.
                        He played center at Lincoln. Here's an obscure factoid, when ZAR first suited up for the Huskies as a Freshmen he centered either the 3rd or 4th line between Pond and Ferraro. At some point very early, He Who Shall Not Be Named and then Roy were hurt/out and ZAR was moved up to second line winger.

Mad Dog sometimes configured that line with ZAR, HWSNBN, Roy, Hedges and JStevens. He stayed second line winger until late sophomore season when that line came to be configured as it is today and was actually used as the first line for the last month or so immediately after the Beanpot.

Another obscure factoid, for reasons passing understanding, MadDog broke that line up at the beginning of last season. Moved Roy on the wing with JStevens and Hedges and put ZAR on the wing with Gaudette and Kurker.
                        Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 10-24-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                          ...I would have liked to have seen Fillipe moved up to the wing on that line and left the 2nd line alone...Fillipe's natural instinct for the game would be well served playing with those 2...
                          On this point we can agree. (Except that Filipe spells his name with only one L.)
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            On this point we can agree. (Except that Filipe spells his name with only one L.)
                            Yes he does...apologies to the FiLipe family...

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Showing we don't know anything, JIm being unorthodox with the lines now that Johnny is hurt.

Nolan-ZAR-Griffin
                              Sikura-Gaudette-Lerario
                              Filipe-Collier-Kurker
                              Jamieson-Pond-Picking
                              He actually split time between Lerario and Filipe on that second line.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gr8Sk8M8;6378313]
                                My prediction is for us to not get used to Filipe being around past his sophomore season...the difference between his play this weekend and last weekend was stark. So much upside and he's filling it
                                QUOTE]
                                I have to disagree with you. Despite the nickname "meatball", his dad is a bright guy who recognizes the benefits that a college degree would mean for his son. I would expect him to stay at least 3 years and to leave only if he is close to getting his degree. I do agree that he is looking better each week.

Does anyone know the story with Schule? He is becoming conspicuous by his absence.
                                Last edited by HHound; 10-24-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X