Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 -- Great Expectations

Stop feeding our troll!
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      I think...
      You've shown no evidence of that whatsoever...

you are looking to use i.e. here, not e.g.
      OMFG...

E.G. exempli gratia = FOR EXAMPLE...

"If any of you need anything else explained, FOR EXAMPLE you need to OPEN the door before entering, please...ask someone else..."

Comment

Yes it did cross our minds, we just don't always need to browbeat everyone with our opinion so we can derive pleasure in our ability to analyze kids playing a game.
        Maybe someday "it" will actually decide to stay awhile rather than simply pass on through.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          Stop feeding our troll!
          Someday you are going to get it and when you do hopefully you'll stand up to the lack of respect to the school and program that these actual trolls show...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
            Someday you are going to get it and when you do hopefully you'll stand up to the lack of respect to the school and program that these actual trolls show...
            Now you are starting to **** me off! You clearly don't know who Split-N is or you would not make him the subject of your rudeness. He has followed this hockey program for more than 50 years and has the scars to prove it (as do I). He is a loyal and active alumni whose purpose in posting here is to enlighten other NU fans concerning the progress of the team. What is your purpose in posting??? Your information is good, but your presentation leaves much to be desired.

Here's a suggestion: If you want to discuss this further, come to the game tonight. Visit Sec 8 Row G seat 12. Look for the handsome fellow with the silver (not gray) beard. Perhaps we'll both learn something.

Comment

good start.. sloppy third.
              Nevertheless, take the W & back at it tomorrow. Hope JStevens is okay. We need to play a complete 3 period gm & not take foot off pedal once we get ahead. Will come back to bite. Hockey East gms coming up nxt wknd ..60 minute effort should be the rule.. not the exception.
              Go NU
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                good start.. sloppy third.
                Nevertheless, take the W & back at it tomorrow. Hope JStevens is okay. We need to play a complete 3 period gm & not take foot off pedal once we get ahead. Will come back to bite. Hockey East gms coming up nxt wknd ..60 minute effort should be the rule.. not the exception.
                Go NU
                Exactly right. Take the W, improve for tomorrow. If I were JM I'd be livid with how the team performed in the third. Rip them a new one, and get them to come out tomorrow looking for blood in the water.
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  i don't think you meant that against split-n .. but if you did, ..he defends NU hockey plenty.
                  Actually the trolls are getting to you.. so, chill. Let it go.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• btw, why was our 6th goal called back? I thought goalie helmet was dislodged after puck went in.. call on the ice was goal.

If this was a closer gm.. not sure concisely what they saw to overturn G.
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Very good first period, team seemed complacent in the 2nd and 3rd. Anyone have an update on J. Stevens? Went to the bench holding his shoulder, hopefully he's good to go next week against UVM.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Very good first period, team seemed complacent in the 2nd and 3rd. Anyone have an update on J. Stevens? Went to the bench holding his shoulder, hopefully he's good to go next week against UVM.
                        Already ruled out for tomorrow. Probably more long term than short.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          Already ruled out for tomorrow. Probably more long term than short.
                          Now: About his replacement. I can't Picture Pond skating between NStevens and ZAR. John Picking is the 5th line center, has speed, can stay on his skates and has a solid offensive resume. Felipe might be a better choice - if JM wants to break up his third line. He could bring Picking to play center on that line and move Collier to LW, OR bring Schule in to play on Collier's left side. What other adjustments make sense to you folks? Any changes on D? Cecere looked fine. on several occasions, he jumped into the offense and looked like a winger. I wouldn't mind seeing #14 sit and watch from the stands.

Comment

Cockerill has definitely been bad. The second goal tonight was all his fault. I really like him too, hopefully he gets his s*** together and becomes this year's version of Benning.

As for C1, Filipe is the only reasonable answer, unless ZAR has experience at C that I don't know about and we can bring Jozefek up to that line on the RW. And that's assuming Jozy is even available, who knows what his problem is. If anybody but Filipe or Jozy moves up I'll be upset, because the second line shouldn't be touched and nobody else in the bottom six or lower deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                              Cockerill has definitely been bad. The second goal tonight was all his fault. I really like him too, hopefully he gets his s*** together and becomes this year's version of Benning.

As for C1, Filipe is the only reasonable answer, unless ZAR has experience at C that I don't know about and we can bring Jozefek up to that line on the RW. And that's assuming Jozy is even available, who knows what his problem is. If anybody but Filipe or Jozy moves up I'll be upset, because the second line shouldn't be touched and nobody else in the bottom six or lower deserves it.
                              Jozy won't play tonight. Hopefully he will return against UVM. I can't remember seeing ZAR spend any meaningful time as a center. I agree about the second line. If it a'int broke... Jozy may be on the third line when he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                Now: About his replacement. I can't Picture Pond skating between NStevens and ZAR. John Picking is the 5th line center, has speed, can stay on his skates and has a solid offensive resume. Felipe might be a better choice - if JM wants to break up his third line. He could bring Picking to play center on that line and move Collier to LW, OR bring Schule in to play on Collier's left side. What other adjustments make sense to you folks? Any changes on D? Cecere looked fine. on several occasions, he jumped into the offense and looked like a winger. I wouldn't mind seeing #14 sit and watch from the stands.
                                I thought Lerario played well there last night, and he would mesh well with the first line's mentality of "heavy on pucks" and "control the boards."

My money is something related to Stevens' shoulder. The hit he took looked like direct impact on the shoulder, I'd be something in the AC joint. Hope he comes back soon. 2 years in a row we lose our captain early. Absolutely sucks. John was on pace to break the NU record for games played in a career too.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X