UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night!
    Last edited by j24vt; 10-06-2016, 08:57 PM.

Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Not a big fan of the exhibition games, here's hoping no one gets injured. While there are plenty of replacements on the bench we still don't need any key players getting hurt.

NCAA needs to allow for exhibitions to occur between D-3 and D-1 teams at the beginning of the season. I dread the Canadian teams.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I'm expecting to see very little ice time for the juniors and seniors. Really looking forward to seeing Ross Colton play.

Comment

Hi all. I've been following this site for awhile but this is my first time posting on the fan forum. Glad it's finally time for hockey season.

I am cautiously optimistic about this team. I like the forwards they have coming back. I think Ross Colton could really help Puskarich. He hasn't had anyone to play with since McCarthy graduated.

I think ultimately it comes down to the defence. This team could be good but if the defence doesn't improve from last year it's gonna be a LONG winter.

Sneddon better make it work this year because this team is gonna bad next year.

Also what happened to the "All Recruits Welcome" title. I thought thay fit our program pretty well.

Comment

Saw the new team picture. 31 players. Where cuts made?

Comment

Watched about 15 minutes of the game tonight.. this is going to be a Loooong season...

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
              Watched about 15 minutes of the game tonight.. this is going to be a Loooong season...
              Same old, same old.....1 for 9 on the power play. Forwards who can't score. Down a goal with the goalie pulled and Coach puts Lee on, he of the 1 goal and 2 assists last year. Is there no accountability? I know it is preseason but I fear the usual falling in love with new recruits who aren't as good as the more senior players who are not playing or not playing as much. People like to snipe at him but give me David Quinn anyday.

Comment

Random observations from tonight (in no particular order)

- UVM had trouble completing passes for the first two periods. A little better in the third
                - Concordia's goalie had a good game
                - Each of the goalies played one period: Santaguida looked the shakiest.
                - First goal was a save Santaguida should have made.
                - Second goal Phillips was out muscled in the slot.
                - Last goal both Phillips and Hamilton were spectators.
                - The 1st line of Bradley, Colton, and Puskarich looked good and I think they are going to score a lot of goals. Puskarich is going to benefit from playing on the same line as Colton
                - Ross Colton is going to be fun to watch. Wins face offs, always hustling on the ice and has great puck awareness. It was great seeing him sprint back to help dig the puck out from behind the UVM net.
                - Smart decision by Sneddon to sit Puskarich for the second half of the game. Concordia was hacking on him quite a bit and he was starting to hack back
                - Lekkas came up big with a save on a three on one
                - Left to his own devices Brady Shaw will take a bad penalty
                - Not dressed for the game: Jake Kearley, Mitch Ferguson, Brian Bowen, Malcolm McKinney, Cameron Klein
                - Rob Darrar had a good game
                - Phillips had a rough night which included hitting Lekkas right after Lekkas won a sprint to a break away puck.
                - Daigle has a quick (and strong) wrist shot from the point
                - Both Ross Colton and Derek Lodermeier have very good games. They did not look like freshman in their first games.
                - Power play really struggled to connect on their passes
                - Brendan Bradley was great killing penalties
                - Offense needs to shoot if there is no one between you and the goalie rather than trying to make that last pass.

I hope UVM works on passing all week.

Comment

I think Colton is going to be a special talent that we have not seen in the gut in some time!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

I totally agree about Colton. Looks like a legit goal scorer. I just worry he won't be here very long. Considering he is already 20 years old and a 4th round pick. If has any success this year he might sign with TBL.

Comment

How many more years does Sneddon have on his contract?
                      Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                      National Champions 1992, 2001
                      21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                      National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                      Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                        How many more years does Sneddon have on his contract?
                        I believe 2017-18 is the last season, and then UVM holds an option for two more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                          I think Colton is going to be a special talent that we have not seen in the gut in some time!
                          The progression Ross made from his 1st to 2nd year in the USHL was remarkable.

He has the confidence and skill set to make an immediate impact. Really, Really good kid as well.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                            The progression Ross made from his 1st to 2nd year in the USHL was remarkable.

He has the confidence and skill set to make an immediate impact. Really, Really good kid as well.
                            My wife had a class with him, and spoke very highly of him as well!

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

I see that the roster has indeed been trimmed down to 31. Still too many though.

Comment

Working...
                              X