Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    I'll take the win, but can we PLEASE play all 60 minutes, because i'm tired of this 4-1 to 4-3 nonsense
    Cats are a terrible team when they start playing to 'not lose'...they can beat anybody if they play a full 60 'to win'.

Comment

Also up to ninth in PWR thanks to Miami's win over NoDak
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Great win last night!
        Hope the energy is there again.
        Loved the o-zone time but still a little scrambly in the d-zone.
        The PK is pretty steady but we could use a few PP goals.
        They make the difference when trying to put teams away....

Go Cats Go!

Comment

Big win to start to the weekend. Love to see balanced scoring this team has right now. It would be nice if Puskarich could get things going a bit. They could really use a point per game out of him.

Only 14 SOG last night. I admit I didn't see the game, but that sounds like they stole one on the road. I hope their shot attempts number was a lot higher than that. Either way 2pts in the league against a decent team is always huge.

Comment

I think the recap on hockeyeastonline said that PC attempted 55 shots and the Cats attempted about 35. I did not watch the game but did watch the highlights. on the surface it would appear to be one of those games that UVM is often on the other side of (particularly in recent years) where they out possess and out chance the opponent but cant finish and the opponent is opportunistic and finishes. The 2nd Union game that the Cats fairly well dominated comes to mind..... so, I consider this a positive that they won a game they maybe should not have for a change..... They have some finishers, all the goals they got last night were quick strikes, a couple with excellent centering fees. Mike Lee (I think it was) walked around their D to set up the first goal, very nice.

Did anyone see the game and can you comment on whether the SOG is misleading or tells the real story of offensive zone time and puck possession?

Will be interesting to see how they come out tonight, if they have that killer instinct to get a point or two. Will take a better effort surely against a solid PC squad badly in need of some league points.

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
              Big win to start to the weekend. Love to see balanced scoring this team has right now. It would be nice if Puskarich could get things going a bit. They could really use a point per game out of him.

Only 14 SOG last night. I admit I didn't see the game, but that sounds like they stole one on the road. I hope their shot attempts number was a lot higher than that. Either way 2pts in the league against a decent team is always huge.
              Prov is a really good shot suppression team

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

What happened in the third period? It was 1-1 when I stopped listening

Comment

Originally posted by uvmcatobserver View Post
                  I think the recap on hockeyeastonline said that PC attempted 55 shots and the Cats attempted about 35. I did not watch the game but did watch the highlights. on the surface it would appear to be one of those games that UVM is often on the other side of (particularly in recent years) where they out possess and out chance the opponent but cant finish and the opponent is opportunistic and finishes. The 2nd Union game that the Cats fairly well dominated comes to mind..... so, I consider this a positive that they won a game they maybe should not have for a change..... They have some finishers, all the goals they got last night were quick strikes, a couple with excellent centering fees. Mike Lee (I think it was) walked around their D to set up the first goal, very nice.

Did anyone see the game and can you comment on whether the SOG is misleading or tells the real story of offensive zone time and puck possession?

Will be interesting to see how they come out tonight, if they have that killer instinct to get a point or two. Will take a better effort surely against a solid PC squad badly in need of some league points.
                  PC BOMBS away from the point a ton so they have high shot totals and attempts. UVM out chanced them by a mile in that game on Friday.
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

It's about time that 18 took a couple of games off.

Comment

Tough final period this weekend, but Providence is a good team and a split on the road is acceptable. Hopefully they can pull at least 3/4 against UConn.

Comment

Tough break last night for Vermont as Prov kicked in the second goal which wasnt going toward the net, but there was no intent so it the goal stayed.

Good road trip from the Cats as any points on the road in HE are so valuable. And to think #2 Denver played Prov a few weeks ago and only got a tie
                        out of two games.

Observations from my third trip to Providence for this series.

I think Prov must be coached by Gordon Bombay(think Mighty Ducks #1), so much flopping its sick. They got called for diving both nights and should have been called for 3 times as much. Worst one was the penalty on Massie with 6 mins to go on Friday. Massie had a hold on the guy after the whistle so he would not plow into Lekkas and then the guy turns into a fish out of water with his feet moving all over thus causing himself to fall when Massie lets go and the ref 10 feet away buys it.

Love the band sad they didnt show on Sat night. Attendance listed at 2065 & 2266 in a 3030 seat building that was never half full either night. Sad for a team that won the tourney just 2 seasons ago.

Cats got hurt by coverage mistakes both nights usually caused from plays starting behind the goalie, there is an unusually larger amount of space behind the goals at Prov which caused Vt some adjustment issues Friday. Lekkas alomst gave away a goal Friday and then didnt leave the net much the rest of the weekend as the boards put him far away from the net.
                        New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Nosmo King View Post
                          It's about time that 18 took a couple of games off.
                          Agreed but not going to happen. He is this year's saviour on defence. He just isn't that good.
                          When is 27 coming back? Is he coming back? Miss some size and menace in our own zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            Tough break last night for Vermont as Prov kicked in the second goal which wasnt going toward the net, but there was no intent so it the goal stayed.

Good road trip from the Cats as any points on the road in HE are so valuable. And to think #2 Denver played Prov a few weeks ago and only got a tie
                            out of two games.

Observations from my third trip to Providence for this series.

I think Prov must be coached by Gordon Bombay(think Mighty Ducks #1), so much flopping its sick. They got called for diving both nights and should have been called for 3 times as much. Worst one was the penalty on Massie with 6 mins to go on Friday. Massie had a hold on the guy after the whistle so he would not plow into Lekkas and then the guy turns into a fish out of water with his feet moving all over thus causing himself to fall when Massie lets go and the ref 10 feet away buys it.

Love the band sad they didnt show on Sat night. Attendance listed at 2065 & 2266 in a 3030 seat building that was never half full either night. Sad for a team that won the tourney just 2 seasons ago.

Cats got hurt by coverage mistakes both nights usually caused from plays starting behind the goalie, there is an unusually larger amount of space behind the goals at Prov which caused Vt some adjustment issues Friday. Lekkas alomst gave away a goal Friday and then didnt leave the net much the rest of the weekend as the boards put him far away from the net.
                            My problem with the embellishment calls are the fact they are penalties and now you are saying he didn't fall the right way so he deserves a penalty too? Just call the embellishment then!
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              My problem with the embellishment calls are the fact they are penalties and now you are saying he didn't fall the right way so he deserves a penalty too? Just call the embellishment then!
                              Seriously. Either he tripped or he dove. Calling both is a cop out.

Comment

Hockey East use of the embellishment calls is a complete joke because they refuse to call the dive alone. I have said this before if the three
                                results of a player diving are

Penalty to other team (What gets called most as refs miss flop)
                                Penalty to Diver (What they never ever call)
                                Penalty on both players (What they call most when seeing flop but dont want to make a real call)

But since they refuse to call a dive alone the only results a player gets when diving are a penalty of the other team(win)
                                or matching penalties(tie). So why not dive if the worst result is a tie. All they are doing is encouraging flopping with the
                                way they are using the rule. So Sad.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X