UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Farmhouse Tap & Grill downtown for pregame food and beer is my current favorite.

I've also always been a 3 Needs guy if it's just beer. Even the new cleaner bigger nicer location.

Wander around Church St for good shopping, relaxing, people watching etc

Comment

Nice 4 line effort.. Lekkas comes up big again to start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
        Nice 4 line effort.. Lekkas comes up big again to start the game.
        BU fell apart when VT started playing the body-Great win for UVM

Comment

UVM's depth won (plus Lekkas) the game tonight. All 4 lines are legitimate scoring threats. Lodermeier, Coughlin, and Bowen were wrecking balls on the ice and did a great job with clean checks. A couple of the calls against UVM were bizarre.

Comment

Any reason why your free guest wireless requires a user ID and password, thereby negating the free guest part?

Also, any particular McDonalds to go to for my free fries?

Comment

This weekend we are all Catamounts! :-)
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                Watched the game last night and have to say UVM is the real deal...lots of depth and physicality. First time they've defeated BU up there in awhile? Good luck tonight 'Cats(amounts) !
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                  BU fell apart when VT started playing the body-Great win for UVM
                  ...and this is without perhaps our most skilled forward in JPriv and our most physical player in Abramson!!

Comment

This team continues to impress with its ability to not panic and stick to the gameplan. All those games they fell behind by 2 goals
                    and came back, then versus Q when Q cut the lead to 3-1 they didnt sit back and pack it in instead they attacked and scored 2 more.
                    And last night after BU got the PP after the scrum in front of the benches (still cant figure that one out) they again went on the attack
                    and from that point till the end kept BU from getting any offense going by making BU fight for every inch on the ice.

Bowen was a beast last night making several big hits and all of them legal.

Lekkas again was there to clean up a few messes. When will teams stop trying to go glove high on him.

BU's D struggled with the forecheck and had to resort to alot of dumping/icing, big kudoes to the forwards
                    last night in causing havoc.

I always thought the DEN was a place to go relax, anyone know what the other choices were?
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      yup

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Watched the game last night and have to say UVM is the real deal...lots of depth and physicality. First time they've defeated BU up there in awhile? Good luck tonight 'Cats(amounts) !
                      The announcer said first 'cat win at Gutt vs BU in 7 years and yes, good luck tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                        And last night after BU got the PP after the scrum in front of the benches (still cant figure that one out) they again went on the attack
                        and from that point till the end kept BU from getting any offense going by making BU fight for every inch on the ice.

Colton escalated it. Everyone was standing around chirping and he crosschecked a BU player in the back

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                          Colton escalated it. Everyone was standing around chirping and he crosschecked a BU player in the back
                          I think technically the BU player skated up to him and he shoved him in the face...

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            I, for one, want to thank you for jumping on the UVM bandwagon. I'm sure that's what helped tonight!

Comment

I guess we can feel good about a split on the weekend. BU was much better last night. Their defence completely shut the Cats down. Just not many quality chances. I do wonder what would've happened if Colton had scored on that breakaway.

Not to bash a guy who has been great for this team for years but...where was Mario Puskarich this weekend? 0 pts, a couple shots on goal. Need more than that in a big weekend series.
                              Last edited by CatClass08; 12-11-2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                                I guess we can feel good about a split on the weekend. BU was much better last night. Their defence completely shut the Cats down. Just not many quality chances. I do wonder what would've happened if Colton had scored on that breakaway.
                                Or if Colton had scored on the one he rang off the post. Or if the guys had converted the 2 on none. Agree with Jerry Tarrant on that one -- at least one too many passes. Oh well, I'm thinking it wouldn't have made much difference, except to make the final score one goal closer. It reminded me of games from last year, or almost any recent game against Lowell. Hard work, don't score, hang in the game, but ultimately lose. Hopefully it's a learning experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X