5)Colgate
    6)Quinnipiac
    7)St. Lawrence
    8)Boston U
    9)Boston C
    10)Princeton

Comment

Re: USCHO Poster's Poll: '16-'17

I am 100% confident that I really, really, really don't know.

1. Minn - cause they are really, really good
      2. Wisc - so are they
      3. UMD - they beat BC, and BC was #3 (see how I did that?)
      4. Colgate - I liked this team at the end of last year, and this young program is now a year older... so I like them even more -> ECAC champs???
      5. Quinny - a great season, but they lost a lot to graduation
      6. Clarkson - when are they not good? (and yes, they lost a lot to graduation too)
      7. North Dakota - WCHA is loaded and ND is likely top 4
      8. Boston College - we won't know more about this team until the QU series in late Oct
      9. Princeton - better than last year puts them here
      10. Bemidji - it was either this team or SLU.... tie goes to the WCHA

Disclaimer: Did I mention that I am 1000% confident this is wrong?

Comment

1 UW
        2 UM
        3 Q
        4 Clarkson
        5 BSU
        6 St. Lawrence
        7 UMD
        8 Sue
        9 Colgate
        10 BC
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

1)Wisconsin
          2)Minnesota
          3)Quinnipiac
          4)UMD
          5)Clarkson
          6)Colgate
          7)UND
          8)St Lawrence
          9)BC
          10)BU

Comment

Originally posted by bc6696 View Post
            1)Wisconsin
            2)Minnesota
            3)Quinnipiac
            4)UMD
            5)Clarkson
            6)Colgate
            7)UND
            8)St Lawrence
            9)BC
            10)BU
            Expect BC to fall completely out of the top 10 this year. Lost 2 of the best players in NCAA from a year ago...defense is suspect, as is their goaltending...covered up a lot of weakness last year with high-powered offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat View Post
              Expect BC to fall completely out of the top 10 this year. Lost 2 of the best players in NCAA from a year ago...defense is suspect, as is their goaltending...covered up a lot of weakness last year with high-powered offense.
              Lol let's not get carried away.

You're just wrong about the goaltending. Team USA seems to think highly enough of her. I'll give you that the defense needs to tighten things up quite a bit more than how they played in Duluth. Burt made some pretty wild saves in those games.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Great post FiveHoleFrenzy! Definitely love UND's poster, but I must be old since I haven't a clue what Princeton is talking about! Thanks again.......

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Lol let's not get carried away.
                  Does BC drop out of top 10 if it splits with Maine this week-end?

No pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                    Does BC drop out of top 10 if it splits with Maine this week-end?

No pressure.
                    I mean, yeah, but if the Gophers split with the Little Sisters of the Poor I'd drop them out of the top ten too.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      Great post FiveHoleFrenzy! Definitely love UND's poster, but I must be old since I haven't a clue what Princeton is talking about! Thanks again.......
                      Kristen Stewart has a reputation for not smiling for photos. Add a Chuck Norris saying and presto...Kristen Stewart smiling.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

1)Wisconsin
                        2)Minnesota
                        3)UMD
                        4)Quinnipiac
                        5)Colgate
                        6)Clarkson
                        7)BU
                        8)St Lawrence
                        9)BC
                        10)Bemidji

Toss up between UMD and Quinny for the #3 spot. Clarkson have lost quite a few key players and will likely be pushed out of top 5 until returning high caliber players fit into new roles. I am not sure what to make of BC performance last weekend but cannot ignore UMD's impressive start. Bemidji beating Syracuse not necessarily a surprise but results are in line with what we have become accustomed to with this team. Low scoring games where more often than not, they end up on top. Interesting weekend ahead.

Comment

I can buy into this analysis! I like your top 3, I like Colgate up high. My only questions to which there are no answers presently: What's going on at BU that will make them better than last year? Because they were Northeastern level last year. BSU better than ND? I "hear" that ND is going to be as good or better than BSU (due to loss of seniors).

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                          1)Wisconsin
                          2)Minnesota
                          3)UMD
                          4)Quinnipiac
                          5)Colgate
                          6)Clarkson
                          7)BU
                          8)St Lawrence
                          9)BC
                          10)Bemidji

Toss up between UMD and Quinny for the #3 spot. Clarkson have lost quite a few key players and will likely be pushed out of top 5 until returning high caliber players fit into new roles. I am not sure what to make of BC performance last weekend but cannot ignore UMD's impressive start. Bemidji beating Syracuse not necessarily a surprise but results are in line with what we have become accustomed to with this team. Low scoring games where more often than not, they end up on top. Interesting weekend ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckRush View Post
                            What's going on at BU that will make them better than last year? Because they were Northeastern level last year.
                            Not to be a contrarian here but they kind of weren't -- they were a clear step below NU nationally last season.

Comment

Week II Posters Poll

Code:
                              Rank Votes  Team (1st place votes)  Range (Mode)  Last week (change)
                                1.   126  Wisconsin (9)           1-2   (1)     1
                                2.   121  Minnesota (4)           1-2   (2)     2 
                                3.    95  Quinnipiac              3-6   (3)     4 (+1) 
                                4.    88  Minnesota-Duluth        3-7   (4)     9 (+5)
                                5.    73  Clarkson                3-9   (4)     5 
                                6.    63  Colgate                 4-9   (7)     6
                                7.    49  Boston College          5-10  (6)     3 (-4)
                                8.    24  Princeton               7-NR  (8)     7 (-1)
                                9.    23  North Dakota            6-NR  (9)     10 (+1)
                               10.    21  Boston University       7-NR  (10)    ARV (+1)

Also Receiving Votes:
                                      20  St. Lawrence            6-NR  (10)    NR 
                                      12  Bemidji State           5-NR  (10)    NR 

Dropped Out:
                                          Northeastern
                                          St. Cloud

Comment

In reading all the viewpoints posted of the national top 10, I seem to be surprisingly hopeful! I know that most of you, if any, watched the 2 games between Colgate and UNH, but as I wrote in the UNH thread, they were much closer than anyone expected! Both games were close checking, fast paced affairs which really were not decided till half-way through the third, if that early! For those that don't know, UNH's class breakdown is Jonna Curtis the lone senior, followed by 7,7 and 8 freshman! So it is with great optimism in seeing most of you placing Colgate in the 4-7 position! This upcoming weekend will be a good tell for the Wildcats, as they take on Quinni and BU...... but given what the Brain Trust on this thread has said, I'm totally optimistic for this team! Thanks Guys.....

Comment

Working...
                                X