Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Cockrell is suspended for tonights game for a hit in OT where the guy was injured. No penalty was called. It didnt seem bad live but havent seen a replay...anyone's thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
      Cockrell is suspended for tonights game for a hit in OT where the guy was injured. No penalty was called. It didnt seem bad live but havent seen a replay...anyone's thoughts?
      He should be banned for awhile. It was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. He clearly elbows him right in the head. The hit was on Maine's best dman who probably got a concussion out of it.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        He should be banned for awhile. It was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. He clearly elbows him right in the head. The hit was on Maine's best dman who probably got a concussion out of it.
        Yep, pretty nasty elbow up high to the head. Concussion when head hit the glass is my guess. Hate seeing those
        sure why not

Comment

Nice win Raiders !!!!
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

If that was one of the dirtiest hits you have ever seen you haven't watched much hockey. Initial point of impact was the shoulder and raising the hands to contact the head, and then the glass did the most damage. He played tonight pretty well, so I'd be surprised if it was a concussion. I was glad to see him play tonight as he looked bad coming off the ice.

As far as tonight's game it was mirror opposite of last nights. Colgate came to play in the first and then Maine came firing back.

Comment

Things I like:

1) The new, optimistic GreenCoat
              2) The fact that 4 of the top 5 scorers are underclassmen
              3) Most of all, the first win in the new barn.

It certainly looks like it's going to be a rebuilding year but maybe in a positive way. There might be some good potential in this freshman class (and how about Dauda averaging more than a point a game!) And lastly, it was great to see not only the youngsters produce tonight but some of the seniors as well.

Hopefully, they can continue to build from here . . .

Comment

Nice to see a win against Maine. Go 'gate!

Comment

3 point weekend

Love seeing freshmen contributing like this, makes you feel good for the future. They showed some fight coming back from 0-2 on Friday, then not panicking when they lost the 3-1 lead on Saturday. All good things. Anyone would have guessed 1-1-3 to start in the new rink?

Tough tests to start the season. Harvard looks solid, and Dartmouth just beat Michigan. Getting even a split would be a big result early in the year
                  ECAC Champions: 1990
                  NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                  ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                  NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                  Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Ya' had to have a good feeling when we scored that first goal..
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

good effort on Saturday save a 10-minute period in third where, again, lack of discipline in defensive zone was poor...very glad to see a win, in part because they deserved a "W" and, as a young team, get that first win is important...I like our freshmen, especially on a long-term basis, McMann...keep the defensive mistakes to a minimum and perhaps we'll get a split this weekend...to be honest, I still think this is a rebuilding year, with more talent to come, but turnarounds in hockey can be pretty fast...anything near .500 this year would be a success...and, yes, my medications haven't changed...I'm an Indian fan and Browns fan so...let's say...objectivity is a blessing and a curse...go GATE

Comment

Alum and supporter Mike Martin passed away Saturday at his home. Condolencses.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

We aren't even mentioned by Fournier the ECAC blog guy today. We took three points from a decent Hockey East team over the weekend ! What's with that ??
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            We aren't even mentioned by Fournier the ECAC blog guy today. We took three points from a decent Hockey East team over the weekend ! What's with that ??
                            Duly noted. I just left a message below the blog asking why.
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Also wondering if there was an article I missed - and if not, why - about our new arena? New rinks always get a nod on this site - that is, if you're UNO or NoDak or even Qpac, I guess. Hope any Maine fans who made the long trip enjoyed themselves and the new facility.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Enjoy the weekend at your new facility. The staff made us feel welcome and there is not a bad seat in the house , But didn't set, I enjoyed the standing area around the rink. Your new arena should help with recruiting , very nice facility.
                                GO MAINE

Comment

Working...
                                X