Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2016-17 A New Beginning

Steve.......I found it on the Colgate Men's Hockey Twitter site........through the Colgate Athletics website. Hope you are well.....haven't seen you at many games.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Gocolgateraiders.com Tell me you never have been there ?
      Thanks shabby. Yeah, I have been there a couple of times...ha-ha.. Great save by Finn....deserved to be #1.
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

We need these two points tonight if we're going to get home ice.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

pathetic, really pathetic...and who the hell will waste the time watching the Union game, especially if the Dutchmen lose to Cornell?...we continue to average less than 2 goals per game in the ECAC...Kulevich is a rock and McMann is quite talented...thanks to RPI for a good quality presentation visually, although both announcers are awful, especially the so-called "color guy"...I hope for his sake he's not planning a career in broadcasting...we're not only bad, we're boring as well...

Comment

Great visual broadcast from RPI TV, terrible announcers though ... and an ugly result from the guys in maroon. We gave up two confidence-breaking goals, both in the 2nd period. RPI's 2nd goal occurred when we were 2 seconds away from killing a penalty, then their 3rd goal was a "soft" wraparound that was with about 90 seconds before the end of the period.

Finishing 8th or better looks a lot tougher now.
            Colgate '09

Comment

Whoops - somehow my last post got double posted.
              Last edited by Rainman; 02-05-2017, 01:40 PM. Reason: Double post
              Colgate '09

Comment

Rainman's correct...several of RPI's goals were simply inexcusable and our defensive lapses were killers...I guess we finish off this year by losing in the first round of the playoffs, regroup and pray that the young men coming in next year can add some speed and skill to a team that needs both...we do miss Dauda; he's one of the few that seems to have the ability of establish a presence in front of the net...and, as I have said, by next December or so we'll get a pretty good read on whether this program is, in fact, turning upwards...if not, then...

Comment

Those RPI announcers always give me a chuckle, the way they do our games. I hope they are not beaming it to radio at the same time...clueless doesn't adequately describe it. However I enjoy just watching without so much color commentary (Doc Emerick drives me nuts on the NHL broadcasts)

So...I believe we gave up a lead again, am I right? I think we were ahead 2-1 and lost it (I could be wrong). If so this is another instance of our not being able to protect a lead. Perhaps I'm mistaken and we tied it 2-2. Anywho...facing a Union team that's ranked #3 or #4 is not going to be a cakewalk, especially after this loss. Is there any hope for a first round win in the playoffs? Haven't checked Heisenberg lately but hope there are some studs coming in next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                    Those RPI announcers always give me a chuckle, the way they do our games. I hope they are not beaming it to radio at the same time...clueless doesn't adequately describe it. However I enjoy just watching without so much color commentary (Doc Emerick drives me nuts on the NHL broadcasts)

So...I believe we gave up a lead again, am I right? I think we were ahead 2-1 and lost it (I could be wrong). If so this is another instance of our not being able to protect a lead. Perhaps I'm mistaken and we tied it 2-2. Anywho...facing a Union team that's ranked #3 or #4 is not going to be a cakewalk, especially after this loss. Is there any hope for a first round win in the playoffs? Haven't checked Heisenberg lately but hope there are some studs coming in next year.
                    Tied it 2-2. And they were beaming it to radio simultaneously, although I guess it's been a number of years since the primary commentator has sat in front of that microphone; he's usually on the other one.

If it's any consolation, Cornell did beat Union, so they may not be as infallible as you may think, but they're probably going to be as peeved as your group.

Comment

ColSkate65...two incoming defensemen should help: Trevor Cosgrove (Alberni Valley of BCHL out of Phillips Exeter) is averaging a point/game and leading his team in scoring, and, similarly, Nick Quillan (Whitecourt of AJHL via The Gunnery) is also a point a game producer...forwards??? hard to say, although it doesn't appear there are any McManns joining us next year...looks like a OK group on paper but you never really know...let's make it competitive tonight boys!!!

Comment

good effort tonight and they easily could've taken one or two points...a perfect example of our problems scoring, however, occurred with about a minute to go when a Gate forward was essentially one-on-one with the Union goalie from less than 10 feet out and couldn't even hit the net...thought Panetta played his best game of the year and the forecheck was effective...we really lack scorers on this team, especially with Dauda out...

Comment

Tough to win when you can't score.

Comment

A much better effort last night, it was 1-1 midway thru the third and the upset was there for the taking. Unfortuneately we have no offense, we outshot them and Point played his best game of his young career, allowing two goals only to the #4 team in the country. Another tough loss.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marmot View Post
                              Tough to win when you can't score.
                              Really thought we played a tough game last night, and was sure we had an excellent chance at 2 points with that point blank shot in the 3rd. We had our opportunities. A shame to come away with 0 points on the weekend.

Why can't Union stream their games? RPI gets a shout out from me for an excellent video feed and funny announcers. Union? No excuse for asking for a buck for these ECAC games. They have enough deep pocketed alumni...they don't need to charge those who tune in once a year for a game....Yuk!

Comment

Three of our senior players are from Massachusetts. I'm sure they were ecstatic that their hometown football team, the New England Patriots, won Super Bowl 51. I'm hoping the Patriots' incredible comeback this inspires Jake Kulevich, Tim Harrison, and Derek Freeman to lead our team to success tonight, and the rest of the regular season.

Also, tonight's game is being streamed on ESPN3, free of charge (provided you have a "participating" Internet provider)

Go 'Gate, chew the Big Red!
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X