Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Geez, you guys are really fired up over this article and most of you aren't even MSU fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
      Geez, you guys are really fired up over this article and most of you aren't even MSU fans.
      As college hockey fans, it's kind of insulting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I don't know... What if you got like seven or eight of them?
        Kelly's an assistant now, in charge of Special teams. And look where that got us.

Comment

Let me throw another name out for consideration:
          Dave Hakstol.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
            Dave Hakstol.
            Dude is reviled in Philadelphia. (That said, who isn't?)
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

As you know I hate, loathe, and despise sparty. That being said I really dislike it when people attempt to talk about something that they obviously have very little knowledge about.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                They would even have a problem with Ben Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                  Dave Hakstol.
                  Interesting concept- between Blashill and Hakstol- will guys who were not good in the NHL come back to college?

Hm.

Very possible, but for our side, I'm not that keen on Blashill.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Interesting concept- between Blashill and Hakstol- will guys who were not good in the NHL come back to college?

Hm.

Very possible, but for our side, I'm not that keen on Blashill.
                    I'm not particularly keen on either of them but I'd prefer Hakstol.

I'd feel better with Bergeron. I'd feel amazing with Bennet or Leaman, neither of which I believe would come to EL.

Comment

• Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                      Mike Schmidt. Maybe.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Mike Schmidt. Maybe.
                        Schmidt was not well liked as a player. As a retired elder statesman he is beloved now, but during his career it was often a different story. He told a tale once of being on-deck and some light hitting player was having a heck of an-bat. Fouled off a bunch of pitches, battled for a long while and finally popped out. Fans in Philly appreciated the effort and gave him a nice little round of applause for the hard work. Schmidt goes up there and hammers the first pitch he sees, hits the ball 407 feet. Center field was 408 feet at the Vet. Center fielder makes the catch with his glove high in the air and his back against the fence. In most NL parks (maybe not the old Busch cookie cutter in St Louis being the only one) it's a home run. On his way back to the dugout he gets loudly booed.

Comment

Pretty quiet on the coaching search front. The quiet before the coaching search storm.

Hollis must be scheming up something amazing as we speak.

Comment

Pretty quiet on the coaching search front. The quiet before the coaching search storm.

Hollis must be scheming up something amazing as we speak.
                            Would be nice to get somebody tied down before Red makes the expected announcement about his future after the Frozen Four. Things could get real chaotic at that point.

Also, National Signing Day is the week after. It would probably be wise for us to have somebody at the helm (not Newton) fighting to keep kids from getting flipped to other programs. (Allegedly, this incoming class was Anastos' best and I feel we'll need all the talent we can get for next season.)
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Would be nice to get somebody tied down before Red makes the expected announcement about his future after the Frozen Four. Things could get real chaotic at that point.

Also, National Signing Day is the week after. It would probably be wise for us to have somebody at the helm (not Newton) fighting to keep kids from getting flipped to other programs. (Allegedly, this incoming class was Anastos' best and I feel we'll need all the talent we can get for next season.)
                              Actually, the timing for Red was to sit down with Manuel and discuss the future. Since we got booted from BB last week, Ward's schedule suddenly opened up.

I expect an announcement at Sunday's hockey banquet.

Comment

It could happen, but I put the chances at about 15%. Hockey is very much in the background in MH's mind right now (more than ever) with the news swirling around another sport right now. In fact, athletics may be taking a back seat too.

Comment

Working...
                                X