Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2016-17 (Volleyball Looks Like a Legit Alternative)

Oh my god, it actually happened.

Also: Please, please, please back up the Brinks truck for Chris Bergeron.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      isn't Gwozdecky coaching high school hockey right now?
      He was. Not sure if he still has that job.

He's also 63 and kind of an egomaniac. His wife also likes Colorado. Plus, I think he'll get into a fist fight with Izzo or Dantonio. The guy is a legitimate legend, but I also think he's a bad fit for MSU.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Oh my god, it actually happened.

Also: Please, please, please back up the Brinks truck for Chris Bergeron.
        Hmmm. The last time they hired a coach away from BG seemed to work out pretty well. That's a good call.

Comment

• You are welcome...sorry it took an extra day

Comment

Hard to come up with a worse quote than that for a press conference.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't think that the greeter at Walmart is qualified to be a college hockey coach just because he's a nice guy and an amazing individual.

Just add that Hollis quote to the list with "you can't rebuild a college hockey program in five years"...And that "it's easier to build a program from scratch like Penn State than it is to rebuild one".

Comment

From a story in the Detroit Free Press:
                "Cole said he was on the ice when he heard Anastos was stepping down".

“I’ve always been a Spartan and have always been a Spartan fan,” Cole said. “Tom never had a bigger fan than me here in wanting to see the program do well. That’s been a big part of my life.

“I love representing my country (in the National Team Development Program). This is a fabulous place here. It’s an honor to do it on a daily basis. Your alma mater – that’s always been a dream job.”

Cole, 50, said he’d be willing to serve in an advisory role, if asked. He played for the Spartans from 1985-89 and spent the past four seasons with the NTDP, after serving as coach at Alabama-Huntsville for three seasons (2007-2010). He also has coached the Muskegon Fury, Grand Rapids Griffins and Motor City Mechanics.

“I’m available for them,” Cole said. “It’s a time for Spartans to pull together.”

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  You are welcome...sorry it took an extra day
                  Your forgiven.

Comment

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Yes, I shouldn't be happy about someone losing their job. But......

Comment

• Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                      From a story in the Detroit Free Press:
                      "Cole said he was on the ice when he heard Anastos was stepping down".

“I’ve always been a Spartan and have always been a Spartan fan,” Cole said. “Tom never had a bigger fan than me here in wanting to see the program do well. That’s been a big part of my life.

“I love representing my country (in the National Team Development Program). This is a fabulous place here. It’s an honor to do it on a daily basis. Your alma mater – that’s always been a dream job.”

Cole, 50, said he’d be willing to serve in an advisory role, if asked. He played for the Spartans from 1985-89 and spent the past four seasons with the NTDP, after serving as coach at Alabama-Huntsville for three seasons (2007-2010). He also has coached the Muskegon Fury, Grand Rapids Griffins and Motor City Mechanics.

“I’m available for them,” Cole said. “It’s a time for Spartans to pull together.”

Is Cole excusing himself from consideration? If so, Hollis would be a fool to not utilize his advice if he is offering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                        Is Cole excusing himself from consideration? If so, Hollis would be a fool to not utilize his advice if he is offering.
                        He is not excusing himself...he is telling them he wants the job...and yes Hollis is a fool

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          There are those rumors about already taking our job. Someone here really buys into that rumor, but I'm not so sure.

Comment

If UMi doesn't offer tMel....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              If UMi doesn't offer tMel....?
                              He's staying right where he is. Even if the skunks come calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                He's staying right where he is. Even if the skunks come calling.
                                Cole will end up at MSU.....Blashill or Pearson at UM....don't doubt me ever again...haha

Comment

Working...
                                X