>> AHC Pick'em 2016-2017 <<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >> AHC Pick'em 2016-2017 <<

Welcome back for another year of AHC Pick'em!

We already have a non-exhibition game this weekend, so I figured it was time to get this post up and running. I combined the first two weeks of the season to avoid having a week with just 1 game.

Similar to last year, we will use a google form to make picks. 1 point will be awarded for a correct winner, 2 points for correctly calling a tie. In general, our weeks will run Thursday to Wednesday, but I may adjust based on scheduled games (I haven't sat down to look at this yet) Results will be posted typically a day after the last game, the following week's schedule should be posted by Monday morning. Picks only count if submitted before puck drop of the game.

For tournaments, cups, etc (like the Icebreaker) without predetermined games, I will post both possible opponents for the second game, and use the pick from the correct game.

Note: If you want to change you picks after you post them, please just resubmit all picks on the form. I will use your latest post.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck!
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Re: >> AHC Pick'em 2016-2017 <<

Week 1 and 2:

Make picks here: https://goo.gl/forms/aenczyJkHCxjLfyU2
    View other's responses here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...viewanalytics?
    Last edited by mar7967; 09-25-2016, 02:58 PM.

RIT Tigers
    Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Thanks for organizing once again, mar!

Comment

Hi Mar, thanks for organizing my quest for mediocracy once again. Good luck to everybody else striving for the top spot!
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I don't think I've ever participated in Atlantic Hockey pickem so I might as well give it a go.
          Last edited by SweeneyHawksHockey; 09-29-2016, 12:12 PM. Reason: Verb tense
          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Thanks, Mar!
            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
              I don't think I've ever participating in Atlantic Hockey pickem so I might as well give it a go.
              Welcome aboard, SHH. Mar calls a pretty clean game, but expect to get slammed hard into tnto the boards once in a while by blazer.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Welcome aboard, SHH. Mar calls a pretty clean game, but expect to get slammed hard into tnto the boards once in a while by blazer.
                WTH? Lol!
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                  I don't think I've ever participating in Atlantic Hockey pickem so I might as well give it a go.
                  Welcome aboard and best of luck. Snively cheats by the way!
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

I love the friendly competition going on in here

The more participants we have, the more fun (and competitive) it is! Drop the puck already!

RIT Tigers
                    Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      I love the friendly competition going on in here

The more participants we have, the more fun (and competitive) it is! Drop the puck already!
                      Oh, sure, friendly now, but just wait until the season begins.

Comment

Okay Mar, I'm in. I've never done Pick'ems for the years that I've been here as I figured I would over analyze every friggin' game but after looking at how nice you set this up, with a simple interface, how can anyone who follows Atlantic Hockey not get in on this? Thanks for doing this and best of luck everyone.
                        RPI Engineers
                        RIT Tigers
                        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                          Okay Mar, I'm in. I've never done Pick'ems for the years that I've been here as I figured I would over analyze every friggin' game but after looking at how nice you set this up, with a simple interface, how can anyone who follows Atlantic Hockey not get in on this? Thanks for doing this and best of luck everyone.
                          Perfect! Glad to hear, and good luck

Still time for others to get in on the action!
                          Make picks here: https://goo.gl/forms/aenczyJkHCxjLfyU2
                          View other's responses here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...viewanalytics?

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Don't think I could consistently pick week after week so must abstain. Your set up is great and simple to use(no typing team names) so expect to see a bunch of newcomers. Have an idea for bonus points though. How about an extra point for each team correctly placed in a pre season poll that finishes in that position after the regular season ends. No need to predict ties as both would be in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                              Don't think I could consistently pick week after week so must abstain. Your set up is great and simple to use(no typing team names) so expect to see a bunch of newcomers. Have an idea for bonus points though. How about an extra point for each team correctly placed in a pre season poll that finishes in that position after the regular season ends. No need to predict ties as both would be in the same position.
                              Thanks for the complement. The setup makes it easier for me too because *I* don't need to manually type in people's picks - I can copy/paste from google's response spreadsheet.

I like that idea for bonus points. I don't think I want to implement it this year because there are already some conference games picked for next week. I'll do it next year though! Thanks for the idea.

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X