Exhibition Games 9/23-9/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition Games 9/23-9/25

Many teams have exhibition games this weekend. Of note, the Toronto Jr Aeros on the road with RMU, Mercyhurst and Colgate Friday-Sun. Clarkson, RIT and Syracuse with DIII or CIS match ups. There may be more, just the few I checked. DI vs DIII vs CIS vs Jrs. Discussion can begin again.

Re: Exhibition Games 9/23-9/25

Minnesota Gophers play Minnesota Whitecaps this evening.
    Playing the Whitecaps is good practice and experience for the Gophers.

But, I haven't gotten used to Hannah Brandt not being a Gopher, let alone having to play against her
    And I don't like that we have replaced one of our OOC series the last two years with exhibition games.

Comment

I don't think D-III's can be on tbe ice until 10/15 with 1st games about 2 weeks later.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I don't think D-III's can be on tbe ice until 10/15 with 1st games about 2 weeks later.
        Which Concordia University is playing Clarkson tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmourCaddy View Post
          Which Concordia University is playing Clarkson tonight?

Concordia of Montreal. It's on their schedule to play Clarkson.

Comment

DIII on ice is the 3rd Monday of October - which would be the 17th this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
              DIII on ice is the 3rd Monday of October - which would be the 17th this year.
              To be specific: that's the first day that teams can practice with coaching staff present or have mandated team activities (though we know that earlier stuff is voluntary in name only).
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Penn State plays their exhibition game today at 4:00 PM against the University of Guelph. It will be interesting, with the shortest bench Penn State has had since they started D-1 hockey (21 players total, counting the two goalies).

8 freshmen get their first taste of D-1 hockey today, and most of them should be seeing a lot of ice time this season. 19 total players (minus the 2 goalies), and 2 new assistant coaches, but 4 of the top 6 scorers return this season. 10 of the 21 players are from Minnesota, including 5 from Minnetonka.

As it is every season, it will be fun to get a first look at the freshmen, but it will be interesting to see how these 2 new coaches work the bench, too.

Comment

Originally posted by knight7 View Post
                  Concordia of Montreal. It's on their schedule to play Clarkson.
                  And a freshman Audrey Belzile gets a hat trick as Concordia wins 3-2. Clarkson outshoots them 38-16 and controlled a lot of the play but could not beat Katherine Purchase other than goals by soph Loren Gabel and Fr Ella Shelton. Clarkson played Tiley 1 period (0 GA), Brenneman 1 period (2 GA) and Johnson 1 period (1 GA). Interesting to note that recruit Forward Michaela Pejzlova is not listed on the Clarkson roster any more. Wonder what happened?
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

UMD-Whitecaps 1-1 after 1 period.

UMD leads SOG 11-5 !!

Whoops Brykaliuk just scores her second early in 2nd to put UMD up 2-1.

Coyne scored Whitecaps goal assisted by Brandt and JLam.

35 seconds later Stalder from Brykaliuk to go 3-1.

Alli Altmann in goal for Whitecaps.
                    Last edited by KTDC; 09-24-2016, 05:01 PM.

Comment

BU beats Whitby Wolves 6-0.

I can see thru my maroon and gold colored glasses Nina Rodgers was on the ice for 4 of the goals with one assist.

(Maddie Eila hat trick)

Comment

UMD outscores Whitecaps 3-0 in the 2nd period to go up 4-1 despite 5 UMD penalties in the period to 2 for Whitecaps.

After seeing Minnesota playing the Whitecaps last night I predict UMD will win the national championship

Comment

Yeah what the heck Duluth, that's impressive. BC vs. Duluth gonna tell us a lot next week...
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                            UMD outscores Whitecaps 3-0 in the 2nd period to go up 4-1 despite 5 UMD penalties in the period to 2 for Whitecaps.

After seeing Minnesota playing the Whitecaps last night I predict UMD will win the national championship
                            You noticed the Whitecaps only lost the third period last night. I think maybe their players are not spending as much time conditioning as the D-I kids are. Still, an impressive job & I hope UMD is on the up-swing.

Comment

UMD should put the pieces together sooner than some WCHA rosters that graduated more. As for the Whitcaps, I noticed that Monique didn't play, and Altmann and Friend played the first two periods and allowed all of the goals. SAB played a clean third after playing all of Friday night.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                              X