2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

I was wrong: Bemidji State's in the 2017 WCHA Playoffs. Save you a click: because UAA, UAF, and LSSU all play each other twice down the stretch, they can't all get past 49 points (Bemidji's current level).

I hate everything.

GFM
    Last edited by gfmorris; 01-10-2017, 09:02 AM.
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Well UAA is playing much better the last two or three weeks. Couldn't they have done this ooc instead of saving it up for now! I figure they make it in. LSSU needs to up their game if they want to make it and what's up with Ferris? NMU, seems like Hannoun has really helped your team.
      I'd like to see our league do what they can to schedule ooc games later in the year going forward.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        i was wrong: bemidji state's in the 2017 wcha playoffs. Save you a click: Because uaa, uaf, and lssu all play each other twice down the stretch, they can't all get past 49 points (bemidji's current level).

I hate everything.

Gfm
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          Well UAA is playing much better the last two or three weeks. Couldn't they have done this ooc instead of saving it up for now! I figure they make it in. LSSU needs to up their game if they want to make it and what's up with Ferris? NMU, seems like Hannoun has really helped your team.
          I'd like to see our league do what they can to schedule ooc games later in the year going forward.
          UAA's last 8 games have all been in Alaska, 6 at home, 2 in Fairbanks. It looks impressive, and it's an improvement for sure, but it's not a clear indication of anything except "not bad at home."
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            UAA's last 8 games have all been in Alaska, 6 at home, 2 in Fairbanks. It looks impressive, and it's an improvement for sure, but it's not a clear indication of anything except "not bad at home."
            True, but we've only played 2 of those 6 against teams below us. UA_ is at 7th, BSU at 1, FSU at 6th. LOL truly grasping at straws now. MTU is gonna be tough, but we got NMU after them. When MTU was here goals for the weekend were 3-4 in favor of them, while again it was at home we were also in our slump at home. NMU took the lead in goals also at 6-7, but two of there goals were late in the third Saturday night which we can improve upon. Then we got MSU, who is having a down year so who knows what's gonna happen. Finally we got LSSU and UA_. My predictions:

MTU: Friday night success yet again, plus they've lost 7 of their 9 on the first games of the week, 6 of those being a friday night. Split
            NMU: Their last two wins have come on a Saturday...Split
            MSU: Travel is gonna be hectic for them...Slight edge for them due to a shootout involved
            LSSU: 4 of their 6 WCHA wins came early...Split (bonus fact: we've split every weekend since playing them in the nWCHA)
            UA_: We've crapped the bed so many times at home, we are due some wins...Hello a shootout win (also due) and hello Governor's Cup (also due)

God ****it I believe in the law of averages!

Would essentially splitting every weekend give us enough points for the playoffs? I have no ****ing idea. Twisted part is we play the three teams who are the most crucial out of the five series left; UA_, LSSU and NMU. Would not be surprised if the 8th and 9th teams go through some tie-breakers.

gfmorris, did your head explode?
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              gfmorris, did your head explode?
              Nope. You're having good thoughts!

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Delta airlines has announced a number of new flights direct to Seattle starting in may. A couple that might be of interest. non stop from Nashville, and non stop from Milwaukee. Might help some of us.There is only one flight per day however so the timing might be an issue.

Comment

Here's a question. In the WCHA playoffs, are we still doing 3x3 and then shootouts? I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Here's a question. In the WCHA playoffs, are we still doing 3x3 and then shootouts? I hope not.
                    I believe no, from the WCHA Standings page:

"In regular season competition, each WCHA team shall have an opportunity to accumulate points from each WCHA contest (i.e., a contest between teams representing two WCHA member institutions played as part of the conference schedule). A team that wins in regulation or 5-on-5 overtime receives three (3) points, while the losing team receives zero (0). A team that wins in 3-on-3 overtime or shootout receives two (2) points, while the losing team receives one (1) point. - See more at: http://www.wcha.com/men/standings.php#sthash.LAH4krYl.dpuf"

They built in the link when you copy and paste, interesting.

Just got twitter confirmation, 20 minute periods of 5v5.
                    Last edited by AKSWF; 01-14-2017, 09:46 PM. Reason: update
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Somewhere, Carmine Guerriero and Jamie Phillips just got really tired.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Delta airlines has announced a number of new flights direct to Seattle starting in may. A couple that might be of interest. non stop from Nashville, and non stop from Milwaukee. Might help some of us.There is only one flight per day however so the timing might be an issue.
                        Alaska Airlines already flies every route from SEA that Delta just announced.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Yes which means the price will go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Except that Delta / Alaska are code share partners so they might ultimately end up being the same airplane / flight with two different flight numbers.
                            Ryan
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              Except that Delta / Alaska are code share partners so they might ultimately end up being the same airplane / flight with two different flight numbers.
                              Ryan
                              "Were" code share partners. No longer.

Comment

Thank you Trump* (just go with it )

Get used to Trump*, it's probably how all history books will have to notate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X