2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
    I realize that each game impacts future predictions. But I am curious as to how many games have ended with a result that was less than a 50% probability. I'd look but then it would appear I understand your methodology.

And as an aside, I despise the Seawolves. But according to BG announcers, every time a Falcon hit the the the ice they were brought down without a call. And every time a Seawolve hit the ice they slipped or fell. I admit that the Seawolves suck and can't skate, but that's beside the point, give me a break. BG announcers are a bunch of homers. It gags me me to give the Seawolves a compliment, even back-handed.
    There was a lot of BG players receiving checks to the numbers. It went uncalled all night. If the "obstruction crackdown" hadn't ended, there would have been a lot of 4 on 3 and 3 on 3 play throughout the game.

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
      If the "obstruction crackdown" hadn't ended...
      Yeah, that didn't last very long, did it?
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

What the hell Bemidji? You can't steamroll the conference and then lose at home to Princeton!!!
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          Yeah, that didn't last very long, did it?
          It's absolutely frustrating as a fan because it is still enforced at very random times. Can't imagine what it's like to be a player or coach right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            What the hell Bemidji? You can't steamroll the conference and then lose at home to Princeton!!!
            Dear Bemidji,

You probably just lost your chance of an at large bid. great work.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              I realize that each game impacts future predictions. But I am curious as to how many games have ended with a result that was less than a 50% probability. I'd look but then it would appear I understand your methodology.
              You're asking how often a Friday game result ended up changing the overall series prediction? I could (and maybe should) re-run every Saturday. I'll probably wait until I'm running to the end of the season.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Dear Bemidji,

You probably just lost your chance of an at large bid. great work.
                I don't think all is lost. They only dropped to 10th and have five non-conference games left to make some noise. I think this loss will do them some good and wake them up.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  I don't think all is lost. They only dropped to 10th and have five non-conference games left to make some noise. I think this loss will do them some good and wake them up.
                  The big problem there is that NCHC and HEA teams generally rise in Pairwise as they play each other more in conference play. You're not getting help from UAH in PWR.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    The big problem there is that NCHC and HEA teams generally rise in Pairwise as they play each other more in conference play. You're not getting help from UAH in PWR.

GFM
                    Yeah, as I was tunning kids to hockey practice and hanging Christmas lights, I came to the some of the same conclusions. The Beavers definitely made things harder on themselces with last night's loss.
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

What the hell Bemidji?? AGAIN!!!
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        What the hell Bemidji?? AGAIN!!!
                        Ya, just got back from the Sanford Center. "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel" Not feeling good.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                          Ya, just got back from the Sanford Center. "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel" Not feeling good.
                          All 10 of us are cursed in non-conference play. There's no other logical explanation.
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Wow......BSU may have just put the final nail in the WCHA PairWise coffin with these two loses. Looks like all that is going to matter is winning that on home ice WCHA Playoff title now.

BG dropped from 31 to 37 with BSU's loss tonight.

I doubt that BG's remaining games against Mercyhurst and RIT are going to help anyone at all......not that we don't deserve much of the blame with our pathetic October against NCHC and B1G teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                              All 10 of us are cursed in non-conference play. There's no other logical explanation.
                              The WCHA NC record is absolutely brutal. I won't be surprised if there's only one WCHA team in the NCAA tournament once again.
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                Interesting tidbit out of Bemidji. The game between Princeton and the Beavers has a female referee. I think that is the first female referee for a Beaver men's game!
                                We had one in Kato earlier this year. I don't follow the referees much (Except when we have the Shepherds. Then I just get sad.), but there must be one in regular WCHA rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X