PDA

View Full Version : 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

beaverhockeyfan
11-15-2016, 12:36 PM
So, BSU's pretty good this year? Fun. Hi to all the old timers. Gonna try to catch one of the BSU @ BGSU games, if anyone will be around in January. Sorry to bother everyone - carry on...

Hey Moose, good to see ya back! Hopefully you can get to one of those games.

Man, do I miss The Hockey Show with you and Scotty........ Always got me through Fridays at work.

gfmorris
11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
I can say with 98% confidence that Geof's blood pressure rises a little bit every time he has to type:

B-E-M-I-D-J-I
or B-E-A-V-E-R-S
or B-S-U

:p

You know me well, friend. But it's been 15 years, sooooooooooo ...

GFM

JohnsonsJerseys
11-15-2016, 06:56 PM
The short version of this discussion is that Tech and BSU play in three weeks. If Tech wins four games in AK and then sweeps the Beavers, Tech is first place based on a tie breaker (head to head). Not that it really matters in November, but Tech controls their own destiny to be back in first place after the first weekend in December.
Ryan J

bose301s
11-15-2016, 07:04 PM
The short version of this discussion is that Tech and BSU play in three weeks. If Tech wins four games in AK and then sweeps the Beavers, Tech is first place based on a tie breaker (head to head). Not that it really matters in November, but Tech controls their own destiny to be back in first place after the first weekend in December.
Ryan J

It's true but the Alaska trip is always tough and BSU has played us tough for as long as I've been following Tech, so I would be very surprised to see that result.

manurespreader
11-16-2016, 07:20 AM
Ryan J
yes and if a submarine had wings it would fly too, but I'm not holding my breath.

moose97
11-16-2016, 07:59 AM
Hey Moose, good to see ya back! Hopefully you can get to one of those games.

Man, do I miss The Hockey Show with you and Scotty........ Always got me through Fridays at work.

Thanks Geof. I miss doing the show too. But, life happens. Kinda sucks to live where no one cares about hockey (hey, we got an ECHL team!), but on a positive, I'm within ~ 3-3.5 hours of BGSU, OSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan and Ferris State. Now I just need to get off my behind & go to some games!

oldish husky
11-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Ryan J

The other side of that coin is that if BSU sweeps, things will be over fast.

JohnsonsJerseys
11-16-2016, 09:05 AM
yes and if a submarine had wings it would fly too, but I'm not holding my breath.
You're going to have to hold your breath if they put on a screen door with the wings.
Even if Tech doesn't move in first in December, as others have noted, they play BSU again later in the season. It will be much like Mankato a couple years ago where Tech had a great season... other than four losses to the Mankato who won the league. If BSU wins three or four from Tech and wins the league I can't argue with that but I think that is what it will take for BSU to win. I don't think they can maintain their current pace the entire season.
Ryan J

JohnsonsJerseys
11-16-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm within ~ 3-3.5 hours of BGSU, OSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan and Ferris State.
That's quite a cluster. Putting those teams together would make a great conference. Someone should get on that project.
;)
Ryan J

moose97
11-16-2016, 09:51 AM
That's quite a cluster. Putting those teams together would make a great conference. Someone should get on that project.
;)
Ryan J

"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter."

On another note, if I win the lottery, I'm bankrolling hockey at IPFW....

gfmorris
11-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Okay, will this make the Tech fans really mad? Week 8 Predictions (http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11/18/2016-17-wcha-week-8-predictions-above-1-3/)

GFM

BGFan
11-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Okay, will this make the Tech fans really mad? Week 8 Predictions (http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2016/11/18/2016-17-wcha-week-8-predictions-above-1-3/)

GFM
We're going to be watching the games this weekend. I hope UAH has replaced their announcer since I watched the last time. He was maddening...

Shirtless Guy
11-18-2016, 03:51 PM

GFM

why would they be mad when your math agrees with their expectations?

Jimjamesak
11-18-2016, 05:41 PM

GFM
I'm surprised UAA has that high of a chance to sweep...

:(

gfmorris
11-18-2016, 06:02 PM
why would they be mad when your math agrees with their expectations?

I figure on the jinx factor.

We're going to be watching the games this weekend. I hope UAH has replaced their announcer since I watched the last time. He was maddening...

Zach is still learning and has done it the last year (or maybe two? I don't remember when I last did the broadcast).

GFM

manurespreader
11-18-2016, 07:10 PM

Zach is still learning and has done it the last year (or maybe two? I don't remember when I last did the broadcast).

GFM
The color analyst is a big plus. and zach is better every year.

beaverhockeyfan
11-18-2016, 09:24 PM
BSU moves to 10-0-1-1 and 32 out of 33 points in WCHA play with a 2-1 win over Northern. Only one penalty in the game tonight, called against Northern in the third.

BGFan
11-19-2016, 09:17 AM

GFM

He has gotten better. Maybe I'm thinking back a little longer. It wasn't you and it wasn't the current announcer.

gfmorris
11-19-2016, 09:48 AM
He has gotten better. Maybe I'm thinking back a little longer. It wasn't you and it wasn't the current announcer.

I think that you're thinking of the drunk who liked to talk about baseball and commented on the NHL jerseys that fans were wearing as they walked guy. THAT guy was an embarrassment.

GFM

JohnsonsJerseys
11-19-2016, 02:04 PM
I think that you're thinking of the drunk who liked to talk about baseball and commented on the NHL jerseys that fans were wearing as they walked guy. THAT guy was an embarrassment.
GFM
Oh yeah, Jim Ross. I remember that guy. He did WWF on the side when UAH didn't have a game.
Ryan