Castleton names Bill Silengo as head coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castleton names Bill Silengo as head coach

Per a tweet from Jack Korte, Castleton has named Manhattanville assistant Bill Silengo its new head coach.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Castleton names Bill Silengo as head coach

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Per a tweet from Jack Korte, Castleton has named Manhattanville assistant Bill Silengo its new head coach.
    Bill Silengo to Take Over Castleton Men’s Ice Hockey Program

CASTLETON, Vt. – Castleton University Associate Dean for Athletics and Recreation, Deanna Tyson, has announced that Bill Silengo has been hired as the head coach of the Spartan men's ice hockey program.

"I am pleased to welcome Bill to take over as head coach of the Castleton men's ice hockey program. His coaching and playing experience is very impressive, and I look forward to watching the success that he will bring with our student-athletes onto the ice," Tyson said.

For the past two seasons, Silengo has been the assistant coach at Manhattanville College, a Division III member of ECAC West located in Purchase, N.Y. He managed team practices, meetings, and the budget, organized and trained the special teams units, and created team highlights and motivational videos following each game.

Silengo also conducted the academic guidance meetings and monitored the grades of the student-athletes on the team. The Manhattanville men's ice hockey team maintained the highest grade point average for any men's team on campus while Silengo managed the academic performance.

He also served as the assistant coach at Fredonia State in New York from 2012 to 2014. Silengo has been an on-ice instructor at Erik Nates Euro Hockey in Harrison, N.Y., since 2008, developing basic hockey skills for youth hockey players, and an evaluator and coach in the New England district of USA Hockey Select Festivals since 2012, grading the best 14-17 year-old hockey players in New England for the national festival.

"I am excited and honored to be named head coach of the Castleton men's ice hockey program," said Silengo. "I want to thank President Wolk, Deanna Tyson, Scott Dikeman, and the rest of the search committee for giving me this amazing opportunity. I can't wait to join the Castleton community and get to work."

Silengo played for Manhattanville College from 2008 to 2012, helping the Valiants win the ECAC West championship in the 2009-10 season and serving as captain during his senior year. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in management and history in 2012 and a Master of Science degree in sport business management in 2016, both from Manhattanville College.
    Castleton Men's Ice Hockey Announces 2016-17 Schedule

Moffit gets to meet is boys during the W.B. Mason Winter Classic.
    Last edited by norm1909; 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
    X