ECAC West - 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West - 2016-2017

OK, teams begin to prepare in earnest before their coaches join the fray in October! Let's see some ECAC West projections. As I understand, this is one of the toughest D3 divisions and hopes are high in several camps. Who can start us off with some predictions and a team by team critique?

Re: ECAC West - 2016-2017

Originally posted by pman View Post
    OK, teams begin to prepare in earnest before their coaches join the fray in October! Let's see some ECAC West projections. As I understand, this is one of the toughest D3 divisions and hopes are high in several camps. Who can start us off with some predictions and a team by team critique?

1.Utica - return most of their team and added some d1 transfers, two horse race at the top IMO but I'll go with Utica for now
    2.Hobart - lost top 3 scorers and #1 goalie, but should be fine with all their D back and solid backup ready to take over full time
    3.Manhattanville - return almost their whole team but can't see them cracking the top 2 or falling too far below 3rd
    4.Neumann - could see them anywhere 3-7
    5.Nazareth - goaltending could get them up to the top 4 possibly or see them battling to stay out of the bottom 2 depending on how they replace Zdolshek
    6.Elmira - big losses, huge recruiting class, need a lot to go right to be any higher than this
    7.Stevenson - lots of recruits, not many that look to be high end guys, but heard there might be a few transfers coming that can make a difference
    8.Lebanon Valley - are they just taking their club team and going varsity with those guys? haven't seen many recruits going there...this one would be me lock

What is the playoff format this year?
    Last edited by djack87; 09-05-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djack87 View Post
      1.Utica - return most of their team and added some d1 transfers, two horse race at the top IMO but I'll go with Utica for now
      2.Hobart - lost top 3 scorers and #1 goalie, but should be fine with all their D back and solid backup ready to take over full time
      3.Manhattanville - return almost their whole team but can't see them cracking the top 2 or falling too far below 3rd
      5.Nazareth - goaltending could get them up to the top 4 possibly or see them battling to stay out of the bottom 2 depending on how they replace Zdolshek
      6.Elmira - big losses, huge recruiting class, need a lot to go right to be any higher than this
      7.Stevenson - lots of recruits, not many that look to be high end guys, but heard there might be a few transfers coming that can make a difference
      8.Lebanon Valley - are they just taking their club team and going varsity with those guys? haven't seen many recruits going there...this one would be me lock

Stevenson - Believe several transfers will make their way to Stevenson…….As a new program one would assume it will take a year or so for them to mature

Neumann - At the beginning of last season Neumann was ranked near the top in the NCAA….for those who saw them play, what caused them to underperform?

Comment

Neumann - At the beginning of last season Neumann was ranked near the top in the NCAA….for those who saw them play, what caused them to underperform?
        Ummm no. Neumann was 13 and 14 in the d3 and only receiving votes in USCHO...majority of their loses were to ECAC West teams (9-2-0 non conference). They finished right about where they started IMO...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          Ummm no. Neumann was 13 and 14 in the d3 and only receiving votes in USCHO...majority of their loses were to ECAC West teams (9-2-0 non conference). They finished right about where they started IMO...
          Understood - stand corrected….who do you see as the surpirse team this season?

Comment

Understood - stand corrected….who do you see as the surpirse team this season?
            Surprise? Something tells me the Purple and Gold in Elmira will be back. While a turnover can sometimes lead to a long season, it can also bring in new blood and a new environment in the locker room. Hobart still has a great core of men back. Was still one of the best overall teams I saw in 2015-2016. Lino was great, but Frank should do just fine. Utica, well its Utica. And there there is still Neumann and Naz. I don't think Hobart will run away (so to speak) with the regular season and the other teams will all get better. The ECAC West is wide open IMO.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Any foundation to the rumours that Daniel Webster won't be competing in D3 this year?

Comment

Any foundation to the rumours that Daniel Webster won't be competing in D3 this year?
                The foundation is that they're owned by ITT Tech which is ceasing operations. But there's no official word and there are other institutions lining up to take them on plus athletics there for fall appears to be business as usual. Though it's noted multiple times in their schedule release that it's tentative...so right now it looks like it's still wait and see.

Comment

Haven't heard anything yet regarding athletics, but as of now their schedule is still up. If the school loses accreditation/suddenly closes down, I imagine the season would be cancelled.
                  Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                  University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                    Haven't heard anything yet regarding athletics, but as of now their schedule is still up. If the school loses accreditation/suddenly closes down, I imagine the season would be cancelled.
                    Comment on social media around the school is "half" of the hockey team has left/transferred

Comment

Comment on social media around the school is "half" of the hockey team has left/transferred
                      The women had 7 at year end. The men had a full squad.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by djack87 View Post

The playoff format this year is still 6 teams. Next year the playoff field increases to 8(of11) with a 3-weekend conference tournament. No Wednesday games. This year is the last year of the Wednesday first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          The foundation is that they're owned by ITT Tech which is ceasing operations. But there's no official word and there are other institutions lining up to take them on plus athletics there for fall appears to be business as usual. Though it's noted multiple times in their schedule release that it's tentative...so right now it looks like it's still wait and see.
                          They are owned by ITT Educational Services, not ITT Tech. ITT Tech has ceased operations. ITT Educational Services is still functioning, mostly because DW retains its accreditation. They are trying to market the College to someone else, most likely SNHU or UNH.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

An alum I know that just graduated in May that is still close to many of the players says that ice hockey season is still on but all that is known at this point is that this will be the last year of using the Daniel Webster College name. He said that their is no news about 17-18 but he did mention that before the start of the school year that athletes made up 65% of the student body on campus and would be a huge loss to the community if the campus closed. He also mentioned that only a few players had transferred as of last week.
                            Last edited by cooperalls; 09-16-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                              An alum I know that just graduated in May that is still close to many of the players says that ice hockey season is still on but all that is known at this point is that this will be the last year of using the Daniel Webster College name. He said that their is no news about 17-18 but he did mention that before the start of the school year that athletes made up 65% of the student body on campus and would be a huge loss to the community if the campus closed. He also mentioned that only a few players had transferred as of last week.
                              Has to be tough on the student athletes….hopefully operations stabilize and they can have a complete season

Comment

Working...
                              X