Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Not to worry. You actually don't have season tickets as we know them during the playoff run. We get first crack at the seats , but then they go up for sale with out having any say in the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Not to worry. You actually don't have season tickets as we know them during the playoff run. We get first crack at the seats , but then they go up for sale with out having any say in the matter.
      As a Season Ticket Holder in Plattsburgh, where they do the same thing... I think that's the way it should be. Plattsburgh gave us PLENTY of notice, and a 24 hour window to go online and claim our tickets. If you can't get off your *** long enough to get your ticket, then somebody else clearly wants to support the team in the playoffs more than you. When it's playoff time, the guys on the ice deserve to have butts in the seats, not empty chairs left by people who paid but couldn't come.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        As a Season Ticket Holder in Plattsburgh, where they do the same thing... I think that's the way it should be. Plattsburgh gave us PLENTY of notice, and a 24 hour window to go online and claim our tickets. If you can't get off your *** long enough to get your ticket, then somebody else clearly wants to support the team in the playoffs more than you. When it's playoff time, the guys on the ice deserve to have butts in the seats, not empty chairs left by people who paid but couldn't come.
        Amen

Comment

Good win Norwich, need to tighten it up a bit, but you are still in the dance. Have a productive week in practice.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Fortunately we were not playing a ranked team tonight. That may have been some of the poorest passing I have seen all season. A strong Viking forecheck had much to do with it.
            A lot (as was pointed out in the radio postgame) to learn from the videos. We will need it next week.
            The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
              Fortunately we were not playing a ranked team tonight. That may have been some of the poorest passing I have seen all season. A strong Viking forecheck had much to do with it.
              A lot (as was pointed out in the radio postgame) to learn from the videos. We will need it next week.
              So, good thing we didn't get a bye?
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                Salem State played very hard and hung around, they just didn't have the offensive firepower to do anything. Ostepchuk was sharp and appeared to see everything all night.

I think the Cadets may have taken the Vikings lightly. It's human nature. Coaches can talk until they're blue in the face, but it happens a lot. I am quite certain that the boys will be flying next weekend. Survive and advance. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                  I think the Cadets may have taken the Vikings lightly. It's human nature. Coaches can talk until they're blue in the face, but it happens a lot. I am quite certain that the boys will be flying next weekend. Survive and advance. Period.
                  Sounds like the old "trap game" situation. Missed the game but followed the score all evening. Need to finish a team like that off quickly. Next up the Smurfs.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    We will never know
                    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Well I certainly don't think it hurts. Every chance to improve helps going forward and a week is plenty of time to recover physically.

I wasn't able to watch last night, so this is just going off the box score, but I was expecting the Cadets to control the game a little more. I'm not sure if it's cause for concern or not. As KRB said, survive and advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

All season long it has seemed to me that Norwich tends to relax/slow down/coast in the second period, only to come back stronger in the third. IMHP, they need to play with intensity for all 60 minutes.
                        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Sounds like the old "trap game" situation. Missed the game but followed the score all evening. Need to finish a team like that off quickly. Next up the Smurfs.
                          Switching back in forth between the Cards and the Lakers....I was quite impressed with the "Smurfs"...take them lightly and it could be trouble.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Switching back in forth between the Cards and the Lakers....I was quite impressed with the "Smurfs"...take them lightly and it could be trouble.
                            I don't think after last night's 2nd period that the Cadets will take any opponent lightly. Especially a team like Hamilton with a 20-4-4 record. Gory Gufstason (the great NU color guy sidekick to NU's Puck Voice) was spot on when he said too many Cadets were trying to go it alone in the 2nd. My guess is McShane reminded the boys between the 2nd and 3rd that it was teamwork and passing that has gotten them this far. That come to Jesus moment in the locker room paid off in spades in the 3rd. And God Bless Braydon Osepchuck in goal...he only handed the puck 20 times...but at least three shots...without his heroism in the goal... might have cost us the game. His 15-0 record speaks volumes about his talent...and it comforting to know that he will be with us next season too.
                            Last edited by Old Rook NU'66; 03-12-2017, 04:11 PM.
                            Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                            Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
                              I don't think after last night's 2nd period that the Cadets will take any opponent lightly. Especially a team like Hamilton with a 20-4-4 record. Gory Gufstason (the great NU color guy sidekick to NU's Puck Voice) was spot on when he said too many Cadets were trying to go it alone in the 2nd. My guess is McShane reminded the boys between the 2nd and 3rd that it was teamwork and passing that has gotten them this far. That come to Jesus moment in the locker room paid off in spades in the 3rd. And God Bless Braydon Osepchuck in goal...he only handed the puck 20 times...but at least three shots...without his heroism in the goal... might have cost us the game. His 15-0 record speaks volumes about his talent...and it comforting to know that he will be with us next season too.
                              Some of us old Redbird fans will be behind you guys. Go getem'. I will never forget the call from PuckVoice for the 1987 Championship game between the Cards and the Lakers on WPTZ, nor the game he called when the Cards played against Moscow Spartak. Good Luck Cadets.

Even though the NCAA says there was no '87 game....there was...I have the VHS tape !
                              Last edited by Birdwatcher; 03-12-2017, 04:50 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                Some of us old Redbird fans will be behind you guys. Go getem'. I will never forget the call from PuckVoice for the 1987 Championship game between the Cards and the Lakers on WPTZ, nor the game he called when the Cards played against Moscow Spartak. Good Luck Cadets.

Even though the NCAA says there was no '87 game....there was...I have the VHS tape !
                                Hey Bird I would love to see that tape. I worked some of those games with a talented young coach named Beaney. Not sure if that was one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X