X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    UMass Boston got a new D1 transfer goalie at the break from
    Sacred Heart that has been playing really well so far for them....Beacons might be a bit different team this time around.
    MacBurnie? .944 Save%, 2.02 GAA in the 4 games he's played for the Beacons. 3 more weeks of play until we might see him. We will know better by then.
    The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Probably already been discussed but was just thinking about it last night...Does 1st place team in NEHC receive a bye through the quarterfinals?

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
        Probably already been discussed but was just thinking about it last night...Does 1st place team in NEHC receive a bye through the quarterfinals?
        Yes.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

I looked up the stat and was surprised to see NU's penalty kill at 81%. It just seems like the team gives up a lot of power play goals. Perhaps that's simply a result of taking a lot of penalties.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Cody Smith with 4 assists tonight, one on every goal and four blocked shots as well to lead team. 20 assists on the season.

Having one hell of a senior year.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Hockey team wins and the band looked **** good marching in the Inaugural Parade. Friday was a good day for Norwich.
              Norwich '13

Comment

Eight points up with five to play. Can clinch the regular season crown next weekend.

*Nine points up on Babson who has a game in hand. So I think Saturday is the earliest date possible, if all frontrunners win on Friday.
                Last edited by NU Pastime; 01-21-2017, 07:54 PM.
                Norwich '13

Comment

castleton has not defeated Norwich in anything since an April 19th baseball victory over the Cadets. I am looking forward to seeing that streak continue when castleton comes to town Friday night!

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                    castleton has not defeated Norwich in anything since an April 19th baseball victory over the Cadets. I am looking forward to seeing that streak continue when castleton comes to town Friday night!
                    As much as I love the year of dominance, that's also why the rivalry hasn't risen in prominence.
                    Norwich '13

Comment

This contest scares the **** out of me. Castleton is in ascendancy and this will be a tough contest.
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        This contest scares the **** out of me. Castleton is in ascendancy and this will be a tough contest.
                        Anything can happen on any given night, for sure.

That said, while castleton has improved from a win/loss standpoint since the new year, they haven't beaten any quality teams. While "common opponent" comparisons are often flawed, I buy them when you have a large enough sample size. Taking castleton's results and a common opponent breakdown into consideration, adding in the fact that the game is at Kreitzberg...I expect a Norwich win.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          Eight points up with five to play. Can clinch the regular season crown next weekend.

*Nine points up on Babson who has a game in hand. So I think Saturday is the earliest date possible, if all frontrunners win on Friday.
                          That would be correct as I see their respective schedules.
                          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                            That would be correct as I see their respective schedules.
                            Okay, here's how it works. The team with the greatest number of potential points in the league is Babson. They stand at 15 points, and have 6 games left. If they win all 6 games, they would have 27 points. Norwich has 24 points. If Norwich reaches 28 points, then they have clinched. NEC can only reach 26 points (they have 16 points and 5 games left). Since NU has swept NEC, two points for the Cadets or a loss by NEC will eliminate NEC.

In other words 4 points gained by Norwich will clinch the regular season. Any combination of points gained by Norwich and points not gained by Babson totaling 4 eliminates Babson. Any combination of points gained by Norwich and points lost by NEC totalling 2 will eliminate NEC. If Norwich were to win on Friday and hell were to freeze over on Friday (Babson losing to DW), Norwich would clinch on Friday.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Okay, here's how it works. The team with the greatest number of potential points in the league is Babson. They stand at 15 points, and have 6 games left. If they win all 6 games, they would have 27 points. Norwich has 24 points. If Norwich reaches 28 points, then they have clinched. NEC can only reach 26 points (they have 16 points and 5 games left). Since NU has swept NEC, two points for the Cadets or a loss by NEC will eliminate NEC.

In other words 4 points gained by Norwich will clinch the regular season. Any combination of points gained by Norwich and points not gained by Babson totaling 4 eliminates Babson. Any combination of points gained by Norwich and points lost by NEC totalling 2 will eliminate NEC. If Norwich were to win on Friday and hell were to freeze over on Friday (Babson losing to DW), Norwich would clinch on Friday.
                              So you're saying there's a chance...

Had this next weekend series marked for a long time as I'm sure the guys have. I like how they don't seem to be looking past anyone and don't think that will change this weekend. Castleton game late in the season always seems to be a big matchup and you have to know the Cadets are waiting for a chance at Skidmore again. Avenge that collapse over in New York and the very questionable hit that put Will out for the first half.

Still want to see them clean up some of the play...mainly less stupid penalties. Defense seems to be better...luckily our goalies were good enough to stop the two point blank turnovers this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post

A much simpler way to go about it. And that's why you are a math professor and I was a history major.

But yes, 802, I love the way the Cadets have played this season, but one evident area of improvement is cutting down on penalties.
                                Norwich '13

Comment

Working...
                                X