Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Because it's fact? No please explain because you have zero argument. A team will look great against the chump change teams of DIII that UMB has played. Heck even Plattsburgh would look like a National Contender against that schedule.

I was referring to more teams then just UMB in regards to what I have watched. Every team plays against inferior competition at some point (especially in the DIII world). Does not diminish their capabilities or skill set. Yep they can look like world beaters against weaker teams, still makes them good players and a good team.

And once again, your average "skilled" player will look amazing against the chump change teams UMB has played. So glad you think playing Daniel Webster, Curry, Wentworth, Umass Dartmouth and Castleton really gives you a good gauge on a team. That says a lot about your hockey knowledge right there. If they were THAT good, shouldn't they be beating Southern Maine, Skidmore, St.Mikes and Morrisville?? *crickets* *crickets* *crickets* But hey, hang your hat on beating 1 win Daniel Webster, Curry (who lost to Endicott by 11), 2 win Wentworth, and 3 win (2 of which don't count) Castleton. I'm sure they looked AMAZING in those games....

Funny. Not sure how UMB became my team but okay, I will take it. I think they are a very good team with skilled players. Yep they seem to have not played up to potential but we will see. But from what I witnessed that does not diminish the talent level.

See I've been around a time or two and been in this discussion a good few dozen times and yes, I am well aware DIII teams can compete with DI teams (especially from the D3XL league of the Atlantic Hockey). UMB is not one of those teams. Especially as a program as a whole. A traditional power maybe, but not a team that's had 1 elite year.

I would not consider UMB a traditional power but at least give them credit for a final four last season. I think you could consider that an elite year, but then maybe their weak schedule got them there.

I comprehend, believe me. Maybe some day you will comprehend that there is more hockey out there than UMB and the Atlantic Conference. Then again if you are use to watching that...it all makes sense what you think good hockey is...enjoy watching your "quality hockey" with Salve and Connecticut College coming to town....barn burners there. Niagara and Bently square off in a couple weeks, maybe you can make your Final Four prediction then too....
    Funny. You have no idea of the hockey I watch. But go ahead and enjoy watching your hockey on your 12 inch black/white. Might explain why you seem so "fuzzy" about this stuff.

It's been a pleasure chatting with you. Keep trolling......

Comment

• Originally posted by LTU85 View Post
      Funny. You have no idea of the hockey I watch. But go ahead and enjoy watching your hockey on your 12 inch black/white. Might explain why you seem so "fuzzy" about this stuff.

It's been a pleasure chatting with you. Keep trolling......
      Great hockey by the sounds of it. Maybe you should come out of your moms basement and put down your Tops trading cards and visit a rink or two? You do realize that when you create your NHL 16 UMB team you should use this years team and try not bumping up their attributes to make them all Sidney Crosby in your Mr Hockey glasses you wear.

Again, I hope you bought your ticket to the next couple barn burners UMB will be in. Dang I forgot, EBT not accepted sorry. Salve and Connecticut College are FOR REAL....Hey Buddy Party at your err moms place right?
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Great hockey by the sounds of it. Maybe you should come out of your moms basement and put down your Tops trading cards and visit a rink or two? You do realize that when you create your NHL 16 UMB team you should use this years team and try not bumping up their attributes to make them all Sidney Crosby in your Mr Hockey glasses you wear.

Again, I hope you bought your ticket to the next couple barn burners UMB will be in. Dang I forgot, EBT not accepted sorry. Salve and Connecticut College are FOR REAL....Hey Buddy Party at your err moms place right?
        Remy, what is this all about? You're better than this. You can be controversial, but this confrontational stuff doesn't fit you very well. However, if you want to stir up a fan base why don't you go to the Utica thread and cross swords with Fish?
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          Remy, what is this all about? You're better than this. You can be controversial, but this confrontational stuff doesn't fit you very well. However, if you want to stir up a fan base why don't you go to the Utica thread and cross swords with Fish?
          Seriously, what is with all the hurt feelings around here this past week?
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Ha Ha. Troll comment hit you in the sweet spot ? Typical. Keep plugging away. Keep waiting for Grandma's SS check in the mail. Wear that PSU Marching Band t-shirt proudly (tuba player right ?). Keep hoping for that minimum wage increase.

Go learn the game. Most importantly, keep trolling.....

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              Seriously, what is with all the hurt feelings around here this past week?
              Anyone who actually gets their feelings hurt on a message board should immediately retire from posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                Anyone who actually gets their feelings hurt on a message board should immediately retire from posting.
                Amen to that lol if you cant take it, dont dish it. Im done with this newbie. It was a simple concept that someone got butthurt over. Boohoo. LoL. Glad you take the high road in a debate tho KRBFLINT03. Love a good debate, but once you start dishing out the "black and white tv" you know where its going and have nothing else to prove. I'll happily debate with you tho any day KRBFLINT03, at least you make sense and didn't resort to comparing to the Atlantic Hockey lol. Cheers don't want to upset the old farts of the message board gods (actually I don't really care but if it makes them feel like they accomplished something)
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  *tear* its okay to pull the 12" black and white tv comment, but don't strike back. Lol typical. Someone must have voted for Bernie and Hillary...

Kumbaya...Kumbaya everyone. Peace flags and hippie shakes.

PS Utica fans have been quiet for a reason, and I have a feeling Fish would be all over UMB and their outstanding strength of schedule, amazing wins over DIII elite powerhouses, and edge of your seat loses and ties to perennial powers Skidmore, Southern Maine, St.Mikes and Morrisville. SOS in the 50s and KRACH in the 30s, he would agree they are an elite team for sure (or just the opposite just to stir the pot).

Merry Christmas, of does that offend you too? Happy Holidays? I don't want to be controversial.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Who won the Norwich - Army game?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Who won the Norwich - Army game?
                      6-2 Norwich win.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        Amen to that lol if you cant take it, dont dish it. Im done with this newbie. It was a simple concept that someone got butthurt over. Boohoo. LoL. Glad you take the high road in a debate tho KRBFLINT03. Love a good debate, but once you start dishing out the "black and white tv" you know where its going and have nothing else to prove. I'll happily debate with you tho any day KRBFLINT03, at least you make sense and didn't resort to comparing to the Atlantic Hockey lol. Cheers don't want to upset the old farts of the message board gods (actually I don't really care but if it makes them feel like they accomplished something)
                        In a way, we're kindred spirits. I love to debate (many would say argue), but I am usually able to keep it rational and logical. Without debate, what a boring board this would be!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          6-2 Norwich win.
                          A spirited contest, I understand. I've heard reports that the on-ice conduct left something to be desired. Were you there Prez?

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                            A spirited contest, I understand. I've heard reports that the on-ice conduct left something to be desired. Were you there Prez?
                            Only first period. Crowd was electric. NU scored 30 seconds in.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

*tear* its okay to pull the 12" black and white tv comment, but don't strike back. Lol typical. Someone must have voted for Bernie and Hillary...

PS Utica fans have been quiet for a reason, and I have a feeling Fish would be all over UMB and their outstanding strength of schedule, amazing wins over DIII elite powerhouses, and edge of your seat loses and ties to perennial powers Skidmore, Southern Maine, St.Mikes and Morrisville. SOS in the 50s and KRACH in the 30s, he would agree they are an elite team for sure (or just the opposite just to stir the pot).

Merry Christmas, of does that offend you too? Happy Holidays? I don't want to be controversial.
                              I have never attacked you. I have never insulted you. I have never negareped you. I don't think I deserve your ad hominem attacks.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Someone is a little bitter over this years tough start I see....

UMB went to the Frozen Four last year...if you are going to call Plattsburgh Elite based off of last year at least be able to do it for UMB as well. Not saying UMB is elite status but you calling a team that went to the Frozen Four last year 'mediocre' makes your posts irrelevant to me. Merry Christmas and Bah Humbug to you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X