Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    I can appreciate the focus the coaches and players brought into this game. I think this game being played by itself made it less of a trap game than if it was part of a weekend doubleheader. However, it would have been easy to look ahead to the break and past a St. Mike's team that got three points last weekend against Babson and UMB. We prioritize the games against the top contenders and rivals, but if the Cadets want to hang another conference championship banner then they also need to take care of the teams they're supposed to take care of. They did that last night.
    I think Saint Michael's did the perfect thing last weekend to avoid the Cadets taking them lightly. Taking those three points made everyone take notice that the Purple Knights can do damage.

Nazareth and either Oswego/Williams coming up at the end of the month...two W's there Norwich is really cementing itself as a contender.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I think Saint Michael's did the perfect thing last weekend to avoid the Cadets taking them lightly. Taking those three points made everyone take notice that the Purple Knights can do damage.

Nazareth and either Oswego/Williams coming up at the end of the month...two W's there Norwich is really cementing itself as a contender.
      Question for the board: Norwich beats Naz, and falls to Oswego in a good, competitive game. Are we not allowed to then consider them good? A little "spat" I had last week left me with the impression that the season is a failure if Norwich loses another game before the Final (not Frozen) Four.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
        Question for the board: Norwich beats Naz, and falls to Oswego in a good, competitive game. Are we not allowed to then consider them good? A little "spat" I had last week left me with the impression that the season is a failure if Norwich loses another game before the Final (not Frozen) Four.
        No one has beaten Oswego yet ... if I were being negative and thought Norwich wouldn't either, but that Norwich would have given them a real battle, I would think that would be a positive to us fans ... but believe me no one in the lockerroom or the coaches office would be thinking that way.

Comment

• Re: Norwich 2016-17 Season Thread: ISO first NEHC title

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
          Don't worry about trolls. It's not worth it. Sometimes the poster in question can be a bit of a pain
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Don't worry about trolls. It's not worth it. Sometimes the poster in question can be a bit of a pain
            Haha, no, I know. My question was very tongue-in-cheek 😊

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
              Didn't see much of Dillanger, did he get hurt?
              I think he came out with an injury in the late first/early second. Saw him go off the ice and he looked like he was fighting some pain.

Comment

Anyone know the story with Brian Rowland? Is he still in school or injured, or what??

Comment

• Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                  Anyone know the story with Brian Rowland? Is he still in school or injured, or what??
                  Still in school and on team. Just dealing with injury.

If Norwich loses to Oswego in a competitive game (if they even get to play each other) certainly isn't anything to write off the team.

However, as is the case every year with nehc teams especially, you've gotta win a good amount of your non-conference games if you want to be guaranteed a shot at going dancing whether you win the league or not. Every loss hurts twice basically with the four D2 schools games not counting in primary criteria.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Even if they lose by a lot they can still be a good team having an off night, they have as good a chance as any of winning, if they even get to play. Oswego could lose to Williams or Norwich could lose to Naz. Wouldn't it be something of they both lost and played each other in the consolation game? The bigger implications for both teams is in March as I'm sure both teams will be ranked and a loss by either team will be to a ranked team come March.
                    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Using a basketball parallel, Oklahoma gave Villanova their biggest loss of the year last season during the regular season. Then came the Final Four and Villanova beat OU by, what, 45?

Point being, it doesn't even have to be close for both to be contenders.
                      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                        No one has beaten Oswego yet ... if I were being negative and thought Norwich wouldn't either, but that Norwich would have given them a real battle, I would think that would be a positive to us fans ... but believe me no one in the lockerroom or the coaches office would be thinking that way.
                        Until tonight...Buff State 5...Oswego 1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Until tonight...Buff State 5...Oswego 1
                          Wow!
                          Well like they say ... on any given night.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Wow!
                            Well like they say ... on any given night.
                            There are no more gimmes in SUNYAC....or DIII as a whole. You have to be ready to play a full 60 minutes...or more !!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I learned a lesson this week. Message boards obviously do not convey sarcasm 😋

Comment

Originally posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
                                I learned a lesson this week. Message boards obviously do not convey sarcasm ��
                                Many kinds of humor don't play well with some people. We need a sarcasm font. Maybe like this or this
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X