Potter out at Ohio State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potter out at Ohio State

Brad Schlossman just confirmed that Jenny Potter has been let go at Ohio State. - https://***********/SchlossmanGF/status/766324793872232449

Not sure the reasoning yet as this is still developing.

Re: Potter out at Ohio State

Must be something that happened (or came to light) very recently because you sure don't want to be looking for a new head coach a month before the season starts.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

She was still out recruiting as of 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I have not heard anything from the Columbus media or anyone else about this, but Schlossman's story appears to be true as the names of our coaching staff no longer appear in osu.edu. Sure is a tough time to be looking for a new coaching staff with a month or so until practice is supposed to start.

Comment

shades of the blow up between AD Gene Smith and Mark Osiecki? Gene loves firing hockey coaches.

Comment

Where did Carson Duggan go and when? And we think Olson is gone too?

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmourCaddy View Post
              Where did Carson Duggan go and when? And we think Olson is gone too?
              I believe she left sometime after the season ended; her LinkedIn page says her coaching at OSU ended in March 2016. Not sure where she's going to end up.

As for Olson, it looks as if both are not listed in the OSU directory anymore, per osualum86.

The early rumors floating around are violations with regards to recruiting; sounds like Potter had her husband Rob recruit on her behalf, which is a big no-no. Again, just rumors, so that could all be 100% false, but that's what I've gathered from the grapevine.

Comment

Too bad Trinity and the NESCAC were a small stage.

Comment

Interesting. Tough gig and Coach Potter seems like she could probably smile a bit more and loosen up. I know she is intense but I think she over does it.

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
                    Brad Schlossman just confirmed that Jenny Potter has been let go at Ohio State. - https://***********/SchlossmanGF/status/766324793872232449

Not sure the reasoning yet as this is still developing.
                    Once again I give props to Schlossman.

Too bad for OSU.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      Once again I give props to Schlossman.

Too bad for OSU.
                      Timing is not great that's for sure however probably something that had to happen. Is it too bad for OSU?? Who knows, only time will tell. One thing is certain, the next hire better be there for a while and come with a strong coaching pedigree. The guessing game on potential candidates can now begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        Timing is not great that's for sure however probably something that had to happen. Is it too bad for OSU?? Who knows, only time will tell. One thing is certain, the next hire better be there for a while and come with a strong coaching pedigree. The guessing game on potential candidates can now begin!
                        I think OSU should consider someone who can relate to the players. The days of the Old School, motivate by fear types are over. If you want to steal recruits from UM and UW, you will need to create an atmosphere that players want to play in. The success of the two top programs in the WCHA shows that a respectful and fun atmosphere is not at odds with high expectations and winning championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                          I think OSU should consider someone who can relate to the players. The days of the Old School, motivate by fear types are over. If you want to steal recruits from UM and UW, you will need to create an atmosphere that players want to play in. The success of the two top programs in the WCHA shows that a respectful and fun atmosphere is not at odds with high expectations and winning championships.
                          Ohio State is a very interesting program. They have a lot of money at their disposal. On the other hand, their facility is terrible and having so many other sports at OSU makes it easy to get forgot about/lost in the shuffle. Not saying that the athletics department doesn't care about the women's hockey program, but being a hockey player there, is being one more of another 1,000 athletes that don't play football or basketball. That and their location pretty much requires flying everywhere, which can actually end up taking more time out of a player's class schedule.

Comment

I feel for the girls. For the 2016-17 seniors, this will be their third coach in four years. The other classes here will have played for a different coach every single season. I am not going to point fingers because I do not have all the facts, but that's no way to build a program. At some point there has to be some continuity. The girls deserve better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              MN and UW are not perfect programs....I'm sure they have issues too! I would say their admin supports their program a heck of a lot more.than OSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X