Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

There was a play in OT last night where the puck deflected towards the corner and pinho was closest to the puck about 10-12 feet from him and he was like really I have to go get it? It was eye opening that he didn't have the instincts to go get it. Hopefully they get Bjorkqvist back soon and move Pinho down to the third line
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Tonight's game looks good on the scoreboard but the penalties called were quite an eyesore! I hope there are some improvements made on this stuff throughout the year, I'd say about 30% of those calls could have been let go, but eh.... The Sukumaran ejection, I thought that just looked more like a hard tripping call more than a hit from behind, but my seats were seeing the play from the front. Good to see the boys come away with the win tonight after last night's so-so outing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
        I thought Desharnais got cut
        He played earlier this year...and was drafted this past draft

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Another upper classman on a Nate Leaman team that is going the WRONG direction. Not getting better with age.

Walman was by far the WORST PC defenseman on defense last weekend. Horrible turnovers and very bad angles throughout the two games.
          Wrong again

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
            Tonight's game looks good on the scoreboard but the penalties called were quite an eyesore! I hope there are some improvements made on this stuff throughout the year, I'd say about 30% of those calls could have been let go, but eh.... The Sukumaran ejection, I thought that just looked more like a hard tripping call more than a hit from behind, but my seats were seeing the play from the front. Good to see the boys come away with the win tonight after last night's so-so outing.
            Ya think? 17 Penalties against SLU??? 11 against PC......a total of 83 minutes of penalties in a game that is 60 minutes long!!!!

Whatever happened in the offseason for the officials to have increased emphasis on things like Interference and other minor infractions is a travesty. They are wrecking the game. Don't know about PC other games but SLU's have been horrid with trip after trip to the penalty box. No flow to the game. On our Facebook thread someone reminded us of the game we had against Colgate I think it was last year or the year before where the game started at 7, ended at 9 and the first period was played in 22 minutes. That's hockey, that's flow to a game. Not what we are witnessing this year. It's a joke.
            SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Wrong again
              OH I guess you missed how his terrible angle led directly to the 4-2 breakaway goal which put St Lawrence back into the game. Those types of mistakes can't be happening for a junior that is supposed to be an All-American.

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
                Ya think? 17 Penalties against SLU??? 11 against PC......a total of 83 minutes of penalties in a game that is 60 minutes long!!!!

Whatever happened in the offseason for the officials to have increased emphasis on things like Interference and other minor infractions is a travesty. They are wrecking the game. Don't know about PC other games but SLU's have been horrid with trip after trip to the penalty box. No flow to the game. On our Facebook thread someone reminded us of the game we had against Colgate I think it was last year or the year before where the game started at 7, ended at 9 and the first period was played in 22 minutes. That's hockey, that's flow to a game. Not what we are witnessing this year. It's a joke.
                Four Hockey East games have been extremely tough to watch while the Atlantic Hockey game was the best officiated because they let the stuff go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                  The worst call of the night was a St Lawrence player carrying the puck around the red line and I believe it was Tait hit him as he was carrying the puck and got called for interference.

Comment

Friars/Eagles Friday night on NESN

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                      Friars/Eagles Friday night on NESN
                      6 pm!
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Anyone going to the IceBox (Brown) for Sunday's game? I haven't decided yet, but froze myself at a game there this past January and said never again.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                          Anyone going to the IceBox (Brown) for Sunday's game? I haven't decided yet, but froze myself at a game there this past January and said never again.
                          I will be there...I been in colder rinks than that

Comment

Will Bjorkqvist be available tonight?

Comment

he was but he didn't help the cause

Comment

The way they are playing maybe they should spend more time in the Chapel than the rink if they want to get to Chicago because they won't be there playing like this

Comment

Working...
                                X