Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
    Last time the regionals were in Providence the information we got about food, venue, exit and re-entry was not the same described at time of purchase as it was at the event. Learned from this and am hesitant to get tickets again this time. The upstairs room at the Dunk was off limits to anyone without one of those passes, so it was basically NCAA people over the fans. If you haven't been and you're planning on going your best bet is to load up on food prior to arriving or you get stuck with what I call "circus food". I actually did a count of the concessions and right about 50% of them were even open which was a really pathetic presentation to the paying fans.
    Makes no sense for the NCAA to allow re entry into the regionals. Why not make the money in the rink than let an outside vendor make the money?
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Makes no sense for the NCAA to allow re entry into the regionals. Why not make the money in the rink than let an outside vendor make the money?
      Because the NC$$ brags to city officials about the amount of dollars they bring to the city and then lock those dollars inside the venue to be spent on products that can be brought in from anywhere.....time to be honest with everyone by allowing re-entry and a choice of where we spend our money

Comment

Oh absolutely. I agree, I was just throwing it out there if a fellow Friar fan was considering going to the games and unaware about no re-entry. I went in not expecting non-NCAA people to be kept out of the restaurant upstairs.

Comment

Providence with 3 recruits on All-New England Prep Teams:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...teams-unveiled
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Because the NC$$ brags to city officials about the amount of dollars they bring to the city and then lock those dollars inside the venue to be spent on products that can be brought in from anywhere.....time to be honest with everyone by allowing re-entry and a choice of where we spend our money
            As with any sports economic study, they fudge the numbers to help the study. Happens in every NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB new stadium study.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              Providence with 3 recruits on All-New England Prep Teams:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...teams-unveiled
              I thought when Matt decided to follow Kyle's choice, he was the prize, Kyle the afterthought. In fact while I find it suspect these days wasn't Matt jumping into college from prep and Kyle spending a year in juniors?
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                I thought when Matt decided to follow Kyle's choice, he was the prize, Kyle the afterthought. In fact while I find it suspect these days wasn't Matt jumping into college from prep and Kyle spending a year in juniors?
                Looks like that is true

http://www.salemnews.com/sports/marb...49f54e5fa.html

Comment

As with any sports economic study, they fudge the numbers to help the study. Happens in every NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB new stadium study.
                  So that makes it right

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    The time to complain is now here. It is a joke in Hockey East that 12 teams make the "playoffs". UMass, with a record of 2-19-1 is in the "playoffs". It is strictly a HE money making scam. As a long time season ticket holder at PC, this is the first time in a along time I did not pre-buy the HE playoff tickets as part of my package and I'm glad I didn't. I won't be going to the UMass series.

Top 8 teams in the regular season should get in, bottom 4 should not, and the playoffs this year should have started with PC playing at the 4 seed, ND. The regular season is diminished by the current format, and next weekend is a middle finger to the fans. Does anyone know what they're going to do next year if they have 11 teams? That would be a good opportunity to re-set the format and eliminate teams 9-11 from the playoffs.
                    I always prepay for playoff tickets because it is money found at this time of year. I'm sorry that I did it as I have no interest in seeing UMass this weekend. I feel they can win a game based on the fact they are a Hockeyeast team but they struggled mightily in the league this season and PC just played them.

Comment

Although it stinks having to play UMess again this weekend, Friars need to win the first 2 just to stay in the PWR numbers, and even then they could go down depending on other results. I'll be there and hopefully most other fans will too. Students will be leaving on Friday for spring break so I don't expect to see many of them there. I expect UMess will be up to playing well and getting win over the Friars after last weekend especially Saturday. Suspect Leaman will have the boys ready for this know what is at stake.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        Although it stinks having to play UMess again this weekend, Friars need to win the first 2 just to stay in the PWR numbers, and even then they could go down depending on other results. I'll be there and hopefully most other fans will too. Students will be leaving on Friday for spring break so I don't expect to see many of them there. I expect UMess will be up to playing well and getting win over the Friars after last weekend especially Saturday. Suspect Leaman will have the boys ready for this know what is at stake.
                        LOL @ UMess.
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

If nothing else PC can use these games to stay in game shape without abusing themselves.....as long as the team doesn't decide its a cake walk and take them off they should win easily.....that said we have seen them relax and pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Leaman really had those boys ready when they hosted UNH a few years ago....PC wasn't ready to play UMass this past Saturday and were outworked by the Minutemen for the final 50 minutes of regulation.

Comment

Bump to get all the Asian spam off the front page.

Comment

Leaman really had those boys ready when they hosted UNH a few years ago...
                                And we know how that season ended

Comment

Working...
                                X