Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

It seems pretty simple, if UML loses one of two games and PC wins both this weekend then the Friars should finish in the top four of HE. Two wins by UML and it doesn't matter what PC does this weekend in terms of getting a bye. Hopefully BC can help a brother out.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
      Hopefully BC can help a brother out.
      Now you like us!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Now you like us!
        I've always liked the team, it's the fan base that I've ALWAYS hated with a passion. Haven't met a BC fan yet that I could tolerate for more than 5 minutes let alone like.

Comment

The following has PC with a 79% shot of getting into NCAAs.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e_pairwise.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Great share. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post

Site does not consider the Division playoffs in the ranking so the % is really a guess and a win or loss will change it totally

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                I've always liked the team, it's the fan base that I've ALWAYS hated with a passion. Haven't met a BC fan yet that I could tolerate for more than 5 minutes let alone like.
                Kind of like UCONN bball fans... Although I hate everything about UCONN...but mostly their fans

So tonight despite not being anything close to a fan of the Eagles, I root for them to open the door for PC to get a home ice bye in the HE playoffs....

Comment

I follow the weekly bracketology blog on here and it makes a pretty good case for PC being in the tournament. Winning these next two games can only help, but I've seen the breakdown of the PWR and while in the bottom half, they don't appear in danger of falling out.

Comment

Well the only good thing about last night was the Friars winning. Everything else that happened knocked the Friars down in the PWR.

If ND beats BU tonight they win the HE regular season in their last season in the league

Friars are now locked into either 5th or 6th for the HE tourney. Win tonight it's 5th and a rematch with UMASS next weekend. Not even going to think about a loss or tie tonight as that would be a killer in PWR.

Just keep winning boys...

Comment

How bad do the Friars get dinged in PWR if they have to play UMass again in the quarters?
                      Last edited by pc88; 02-25-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

The time to complain is now here. It is a joke in Hockey East that 12 teams make the "playoffs". UMass, with a record of 2-19-1 is in the "playoffs". It is strictly a HE money making scam. As a long time season ticket holder at PC, this is the first time in a along time I did not pre-buy the HE playoff tickets as part of my package and I'm glad I didn't. I won't be going to the UMass series.

Top 8 teams in the regular season should get in, bottom 4 should not, and the playoffs this year should have started with PC playing at the 4 seed, ND. The regular season is diminished by the current format, and next weekend is a middle finger to the fans. Does anyone know what they're going to do next year if they have 11 teams? That would be a good opportunity to re-set the format and eliminate teams 9-11 from the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                          The time to complain is now here. It is a joke in Hockey East that 12 teams make the "playoffs". UMass, with a record of 2-19-1 is in the "playoffs". It is strictly a HE money making scam. As a long time season ticket holder at PC, this is the first time in a along time I did not pre-buy the HE playoff tickets as part of my package and I'm glad I didn't. I won't be going to the UMass series.

Top 8 teams in the regular season should get in, bottom 4 should not, and the playoffs this year should have started with PC playing at the 4 seed, ND. The regular season is diminished by the current format, and next weekend is a middle finger to the fans. Does anyone know what they're going to do next year if they have 11 teams? That would be a good opportunity to re-set the format and eliminate teams 9-11 from the playoffs.
                          If you will recall they started this "everyone makes it" format the season before Uconn joined when we had 11 teams. So unfortunately I believe they'll just do what they did that season. 1-5 got the bye and 6-11 played each other first round. That year the 1st round was a single elimination game. I have a feeling they will keep the 3 game series 1st round next season ($$$).

At least under that format PC would be given the bye and paired immediately with the 4th seed in this situation.

Comment

This is the NC$$ way....everything is measured in dollars.....they claim to care about the players and the fans but their actions show a different side of the coin.....even at the Frozen 4 years ago the first games were separate tickets so you could support the local venues for dinner, now the NC$$ has vendors set up fast food inside the rink and charge more than the food is worth depriving the locals of a shot at a few extra bucks....they do this as they tell that town how much money they will bring to the economy to get the site then screw them as the city must pay for the extra staff to control the exterior crowds.......its always the dollar

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              This is the NC$$ way....everything is measured in dollars.....they claim to care about the players and the fans but their actions show a different side of the coin.....even at the Frozen 4 years ago the first games were separate tickets so you could support the local venues for dinner, now the NC$$ has vendors set up fast food inside the rink and charge more than the food is worth depriving the locals of a shot at a few extra bucks....they do this as they tell that town how much money they will bring to the economy to get the site then screw them as the city must pay for the extra staff to control the exterior crowds.......its always the dollar
                              Last time the regionals were in Providence the information we got about food, venue, exit and re-entry was not the same described at time of purchase as it was at the event. Learned from this and am hesitant to get tickets again this time. The upstairs room at the Dunk was off limits to anyone without one of those passes, so it was basically NCAA people over the fans. If you haven't been and you're planning on going your best bet is to load up on food prior to arriving or you get stuck with what I call "circus food". I actually did a count of the concessions and right about 50% of them were even open which was a really pathetic presentation to the paying fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post

I never buy the playoff tickets since they went to this format. So many useless games. Even if PC had gotten a top three seed would you have wanted to see Merrimack, Northeastern, UVM, UConn for theee games?
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X