Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The problem tonight on defense was Deshairnes was a traffic cone all night and his lack of speed really showed up.
    He will not get faster we just hope he can get smarter and be where he is needed early, tough games ahead without some senior leaders, this is what champions thrive on.......go Friars

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
      He will not get faster we just hope he can get smarter and be where he is needed early, tough games ahead without some senior leaders, this is what champions thrive on.......go Friars
      Maybe they should of been playing a better skating dman ahead of him instead of running him off the team.

His angles were horrible last night...
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Maybe they should of been playing a better skating dman ahead of him instead of running him off the team.

His angles were horrible last night...
        Maybe that player thought more highly of himself and didn't do what was expected from the staff to earn the ice time....works both ways. Practice is where you earn the time to be out on the ice not that fact that you played with the U18 Development team.

Comment

Does anyone know why Providence changed their jerseys this season? The ones they had last year, especially the home whites, were among the best in the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
            Does anyone know why Providence changed their jerseys this season? The ones they had last year, especially the home whites, were among the best in the NCAA.
            I dint pay much attention but I thought they were the same this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
              Maybe that player thought more highly of himself and didn't do what was expected from the staff to earn the ice time....works both ways. Practice is where you earn the time to be out on the ice not that fact that you played with the U18 Development team.
              Or maybe the coach didn't utilize his skill set well? Let's be honest Vincent's game on Friday was terrible and would have been nice to have someone to put in the lineup over him.

Comment

If you are referring to what they wore on Friday, it was the throwback jersey which I am guessing they used in honor of Lou L. being recognized.

Usual jersey remains the Skating Friar ...

Comment

From twitter:

‏@MarkDivver
                  Thanks to donation from an alum, @FriarsHockey flying charter from now on, starting this weekend to Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    From twitter:

‏@MarkDivver
                    Thanks to donation from an alum, @FriarsHockey flying charter from now on, starting this weekend to Notre Dame.
                    Welcome to the big time !!!!!

Comment

Last trip to South Bend for Friars (at least with ND as HE opponent). So what's the Friars chances this weekend? Definitely need at least 2 out of 4, cannot afford two losses this week.

I think this Friar team is very focused and road games are not a big issue for them right now. Need to get off to a good start, not go down early. Don't know too much about ND.

Both games will be on NBCSN.

Comment

This has not been a good third period.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Loss dropped them 4 places in PWR, OUCH! Just goes to show there can be a lot of movement in the next month where losses will quickly move them out of the picture.

Let's see how they come back tonight. apparently the flu bug has the team with some guys out. I assume the finn was out due to it.

And who knows if anyone was playing with the effects of flu bug...they seem to run out of gas in that 3rd period. NDs Bjork being the main culprit for that loss.

Comment

I hope it was the flu because they ran out of gas in the second period and never got back in the game......don't think they will get a bye in the HE so its all on them to fight for a spot in the NCAAs

Comment

It looks like without doing the numbers that PC needs to get to the garden to make the NCAA tourney. I rather be where Providence is right now over BC who would be left out if they didn't win the postseason tourney.

Tonight's game would eliminate last night's loss if PC can pull off the win though....

Walman was atrocious in the third period...it is funny that you have four defensemen (monk was out so three) who played on the national title team and they are so bad on the defensive end.
                              Last edited by The Zlax45; 02-18-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                I hope it was the flu because they ran out of gas in the second period and never got back in the game......don't think they will get a bye in the HE so its all on them to fight for a spot in the NCAAs
                                I think you are still in decent shape for a bye if you win tonight. I have to give you 4 points next weekend. 28 points means Lowell has to win out to stay ahead of PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X