PDA

View Full Version : Providence College on the road to Chicago

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

73PCFriar
03-10-2017, 02:39 PM
He is all about himself...doesn't give a **** about the players. He runs a terribly boring system just like Julien and wants to win every game 3-2. When you got players having more success in the AHL than they ever had at PC, you really have to question how much he is holding guys back?

Just wait until you guys see him at Michigan or Boston College.

Please go back to your UNH home, your shtick is getting old..

Chuck Murray
03-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Hockey East pride is on the line this weekend, folks. Time to send NICC back where they came from, forever.

Jon
03-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Hockey East pride is on the line this weekend, folks. Time to send NICC back where they came from, forever.

This is starting poorly.

satyking
03-10-2017, 08:04 PM
This is starting poorly.

And that is saying it poorly .... down 4-0 in 2nd period, team was not ready for the game

chickod
03-10-2017, 08:27 PM

So...if UNH beats Lowell, that makes Bu (if they win their series) #1 seed, BC #2 and ND #3. That sets up a BC/ND matchup at the Garden. So...who do the BU fans cheer for then? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

Chuck Murray
03-10-2017, 08:33 PM
So...if UNH beats Lowell, that makes Bu (if they win their series) #1 seed, BC #2 and ND #3. That sets up a BC/ND matchup at the Garden. So...who do the BU fans cheer for then? Inquiring minds want to know... :)

God, that IS a tough one. Can I root for a rampant food poisoning outbreak in the pre-game meals for both teams? :confused: :D

I must be mellowing with age. In the old days, I probably would have suggested shared anthrax Gatorade. :eek:

Chuck Murray
03-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Well, if this was indeed about the "Road to Chicago", it might explain where most of the PC kids showed up tonight.

It sure as heck wasn't South Bend ... another one like tonight, best see Chicago on the way home this weekend.

Jeezus ... you guys win a NC, and then you go soft like ... *THIS*??? (shaking head sadly)

The Zlax45
03-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Well, if this was indeed about the "Road to Chicago", it might explain where most of the PC kids showed up tonight.

It sure as heck wasn't South Bend ... another one like tonight, best see Chicago on the way home this weekend.

Jeezus ... you guys win a NC, and then you go soft like ... *THIS*??? (shaking head sadly)

Might help if the coach got his head out of his butt and played a senior defenseman who was a top six dman on that national title team. Freaking joke that he has been scratched two out of the last three games.

chickod
03-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Might help if the coach got his head out of his butt and played a senior defenseman who was a top six dman on that national title team. Freaking joke that he has been scratched two out of the last three games.

Well, I don't follow PC that closely but I am positive that senior leadership makes a huge difference. It's an intangible that isn't given enough emphasis. Let's see if he's in there tomorrow night (parenthetically I would think that, just the fact that he is a senior and this could be the last game should factor in).

pc88
03-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Friars hold onto the #10 spot after a terrible loss. Cornell and St. Lawrence losing helped as well.

friar97
03-11-2017, 08:49 AM
He is all about himself...doesn't give a **** about the players. He runs a terribly boring system just like Julien and wants to win every game 3-2. When you got players having more success in the AHL than they ever had at PC, you really have to question how much he is holding guys back?

His job is to win. He has taken a program that was a disaster before he got there and turned them into a 20+ win team every year and got every one of those kids that apparently "had no success at PC" a ring. I would say that's the ultimate success in sports. Don't they all play to win? Isn't that the goal? Anyone that's ever laced em up at the college level wants to do what they did 2 years ago. How do you not understand that? And if they are having success at the AHL level, didn't he develop them for that?? Maybe the senior just is not good enough to play. It happens! You hated the goalie that won the tournament MVP and now you hate the only coach that has ever won a national championship in a major sport in the history of the school? Are you even really a fan or just a clown? Someone said you were a UNH fan - that would explain a TON.

pc88
03-11-2017, 08:54 AM

Hysterical that he is all about himself, doesn't give a **** about his players and is boring. But he's going to Michigan or BC?

riverchief1
03-11-2017, 09:11 AM

This x 1000.

The Zlax45
03-11-2017, 10:45 AM
His job is to win. He has taken a program that was a disaster before he got there and turned them into a 20+ win team every year and got every one of those kids that apparently "had no success at PC" a ring. I would say that's the ultimate success in sports. Don't they all play to win? Isn't that the goal? Anyone that's ever laced em up at the college level wants to do what they did 2 years ago. How do you not understand that? And if they are having success at the AHL level, didn't he develop them for that?? Maybe the senior just is not good enough to play. It happens! You hated the goalie that won the tournament MVP and now you hate the only coach that has ever won a national championship in a major sport in the history of the school? Are you even really a fan or just a clown? Someone said you were a UNH fan - that would explain a TON.

If you watch this program day in and day out, Leaman's senior players are always an issue. Very few improve from their junior season to a senior. Why is that? I believe he burns out these players with how they practice and how hard he is on them.

You really think Spencer Young should be playing over Florentino? A freshman who is undersized and is nowhere near an offensive force. If you watched the highlights Leaman's pet Monk was undressed on a relatively basic move.

My point with Gillies proved out pretty well as Ellis had just as good of a season the next year.

The problem with this program right now is they continue to recruit the same caliber of player but you aren't going to hit home runs with Tanev and Saracino all the time. I have seen Borek's act first hand and now look at UNH a shell of what they were 10-15 years ago.

3100IRL
03-11-2017, 11:45 AM
What happened to Duhaime? Notice he's been absent from the lineup the last few games.

Hokydad
03-11-2017, 12:02 PM
If you watch this program day in and day out, Leaman's senior players are always an issue. Very few improve from their junior season to a senior. Why is that? I believe he burns out these players with how they practice and how hard he is on them.

You really think Spencer Young should be playing over Florentino? A freshman who is undersized and is nowhere near an offensive force. If you watched the highlights Leaman's pet Monk was undressed on a relatively basic move.

My point with Gillies proved out pretty well as Ellis had just as good of a season the next year.

The problem with this program right now is they continue to recruit the same caliber of player but you aren't going to hit home runs with Tanev and Saracino all the time. I have seen Borek's act first hand and now look at UNH a shell of what they were 10-15 years ago.

Serves no purpose pitting teammates against each other

Should Florentino be dressing? 100% every single game and on the power play. But is it a teammates fault, no. It's coaches decision and safe to say Leaman has earned the right to be given a little rope. I don't agree with it but who cares, I don't coach.
Florentino still put up very good numbers in a lesser role than would have been expected. He will play after PC and be the better for it.

Few teams bounce back after a bad loss better than PC. Tonight will be interesting
That comes from good coaching and team culture

The Zlax45
03-11-2017, 01:04 PM
What happened to Duhaime? Notice he's been absent from the lineup the last few games.

Probably missed a backcheck in a blowout so deserves to be benched in Leaman's mind.

Jon
03-11-2017, 08:11 PM
And down 3-1 in the third.

Jon
03-11-2017, 08:19 PM
And down 3-1 in the third. 3-2

Jon
03-11-2017, 08:30 PM
3-2
C'mon Frairs.