Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
    4 goals against Tirone in one weekend?!??
    5!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      5!!!
      When is the last time we swept UNH in a season series? Early 90's?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        When is the last time we swept UNH in a season series? Early 90's?
        Never at the Whit....although they have not been playing the 2 there series that long...

I think our man Z meant they have one of the "easiest" remaining schedules left...they had one of the toughest coming into this weekend. Not that any series in this league is easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Where did you get this gem
          Uscho article this week...

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/25/hockey-east-squads-finding-no-easy-route-to-finish-last-five-weeks-on-high-notes/
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

After this weekends results, the PC schedule continues to get softer the rest of the year. You got to expect at least 10 points out of Maine, Umass, and UConn while ND is the only test left.

24 points should be the bare minimum with this team. 28+ would be a real run by them...

PC is now up to 11th in the PWR so back into the tourney is within reach now

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Uscho article this week...

http://www.uscho.com/2017/01/25/hockey-east-squads-finding-no-easy-route-to-finish-last-five-weeks-on-high-notes/
              English is a funny language Zlax use the wrong tense or maybe miss a word and you end up with a different meaning. What you said was the exact opposite of what the article said you used the past tense so it came out as 4th easiest schedule to this point not as you meant going forward. Thankfully 73 can translate Zlaxese

I would guess you have called all your classmates who gave you a hard time during your 4 years at UNH
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

English is a funny language Zlax use the wrong tense or maybe miss a word and you end up with a different meaning. What you said was the exact opposite of what the article said you used the past tense so it came out as 4th easiest schedule to this point not as you meant going forward. Thankfully 73 can translate Zlaxese

I would guess you have called all your classmates who gave you a hard time during your 4 years at UNH
                Easy schedule? Not even sure what that means when you are heading into the in conference game stretch and you start seeing teams for first or 2nd time, in different rinks. No such thing as an easy Hockey East game on the road. 8 points over past 2 weekends is very good...
                Can't think of one road game down the stretch that you could put in "easiest" schedule category. BU can surely attest to that as can Lowell.
                Get to the garden and see what happens

Comment

Easy schedule? Not even sure what that means when you are heading into the in conference game stretch and you start seeing teams for first or 2nd time, in different rinks. No such thing as an easy Hockey East game on the road. 8 points over past 2 weekends is very good...
                  Can't think of one road game down the stretch that you could put in "easiest" schedule category. BU can surely attest to that as can Lowell.
                  Get to the garden and see what happens

Comment

It is called typing on a phone to reply...s and d are side by side

Comment

Some notes on 2018 recruit Michael Callahan:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...chael-callahan
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Black Bears are coming in for 2 this weekend. For those going tonight, puck drops just after 6pm, game is on NESN.

4 more points staring at the Friars and the USCHO guys are both picking them for the sweep. Hope so. And I hope they are not getting big heads after this streak, just keep playing like they have..

Worried a little about Maine goalie who came up big against UMASS last weekend, need to get one buy him early.

Magic number is still 3 for this team...3 goals that is.

With a 6pm start might actually see students stay for all 3 periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Let's hear all you Leaman lovers explain that game tonight!

Leaman has lost this team...time to move until 2017-2018
                          Yup. On to 2018. Good call.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Yup. On to 2018. Good call.
                            Probably pacing selves with 3 games in 6 days they really didn't look like firing Om all cylinders

Funny we saw this show so many times 6-12 years ago. Tonight we were on the other side of it. A struggling teams plays an excellent game, but down stretch make a bad play get a penalty, then the better team makes it hurt. Winning is a lot more fun!
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                              Probably pacing selves with 3 games in 6 days they really didn't look like firing Om all cylinders

Funny we saw this show so many times 6-12 years ago. Tonight we were on the other side of it. A struggling teams plays an excellent game, but down stretch make a bad play get a penalty, then the better team makes it hurt. Winning is a lot more fun!
                              This team is maturing as we watch

Comment

Didn't look good for Monk as he came off the ice not moving his leg. Friars have been pretty healthy this year overall but McPhee and now probably Monk out for what could be some time. Guess Florentino will need to step it up. The young frosh D men have been playing pretty well.

Gamez got the start on the fourth line tonight. Big night for the top line in this one, Foley goal was a beauty and then his assist pass to Pinho that led to Wilkins goal was another good play. Hawkey did not look good on that second goal but man he came up some big stops after that to keep the Friars in it and to hold the lead late with their goalie pulled.

Lowell broke their slump winning at NU tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X