Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
    Overall the D has been solid and part of any D is the help the forwards provide. You have a team that is top quarter in goals against, is even better is fewest shots allowed. That said even the top 3 do have issues. MacKenzie isn't the fastest guy around (but he cleanly broke up a clean break in), I think Florentino could be more physical (though they then would complain about the penalties). Walman does gamble more than he should. The rest is right Monk is essentially a walk on, Young and Bryson learning on job--actually Young had a solid game with little experience under his belt. Bryson was abused I believe he was on the ice for all 4 goals but he is an undersized true freshman--it takes time
    Young was abused on the first UVM goal. Flo wasn't in the lineup on Saturday while Vincent gets put back in? No consistency in the lineup can't help with team chemistry at all.

Monk was an absolute disaster all weekend on the offensive end of the ice...missed the net a ton on point shots and took a late penalty in the third period costing PC a chance to tie it up.

Wilkins continues to be PC's most skillful player and to me will turn into the best player if he isn't already on this squad.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      No
      Just eeyore braying again
      Bravo

Go Friars!
      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Awful quiet here for such a big weekend coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          Awful quiet here for such a big weekend coming up.
          UML sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            UML sucks.

UML is on a roll now especially coming off from the road. Going to be tough to win at Tsongas. Friars need at least a split this weekend. I'd take a tie and a win. Look forward to the return match up at Schneider, hopefully big turn out by students and fans. Only a few more home games left, 5 I think is it.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post

UML is on a roll now especially coming off from the road. Going to be tough to win at Tsongas. Friars need at least a split this weekend. I'd take a tie and a win. Look forward to the return match up at Schneider, hopefully big turn out by students and fans. Only a few more home games left, 5 I think is it.
              In all seriousness I think UML is always a tough match up and I'd be satisfied with a split but hoping for more. The Friars seem to play the Riverhawks better at home so a win tonight would be great. Lately it seems to me it's been taking the team a game to figure out the opponent then they get the win the next night. The season is flying by so hopefully they have a good weekend.
              I'll be there on Saturday night and I'm afraid I've missed more games than I've made this year. Living on an island will do that to you I guess but looking forward to tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                In all seriousness I think UML is always a tough match up and I'd be satisfied with a split but hoping for more. The Friars seem to play the Riverhawks better at home so a win tonight would be great. Lately it seems to me it's been taking the team a game to figure out the opponent then they get the win the next night. The season is flying by so hopefully they have a good weekend.
                I'll be there on Saturday night and I'm afraid I've missed more games than I've made this year. Living on an island will do that to you I guess but looking forward to tomorrow night.
                PC picked up the 4-3 win after being down 2-0 less than ten minutes into the game

Comment

Good come from behind and hold on in the end win. Still too many bad penalties at the wrong time by the experienced players. Up 4-2 under 10 to go and Pinho with a penalty that was followed by a UML pp goal to make it 4-3. Nail biting time after that. Listening to the game, sounded like Hawkey was huge in the closing minutes to keep UML off the board.

Looking forward to being at Schneider tonight and hopefully watching another Friar victory. These 2 teams seem to play a lot of close games against each other.

Comment

Like I said after the Denver series this team is making great gains and continues to improve......HE knows they are a team to watch this year and in the future as they come of age

Comment

• Pointed to this via Divver tweet and a PC retweet of Stockton tweet

Big night for Janko last night. 1st Stockton hat trick ever for Janko as mentioned by Divver but also had an assist. The victim--Nick Ellis who had Fayne on defense (also the Denver Dman who took the 5 minute major in 2015 in Regional finals). The winner of the goalie battle Jon Gillies
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

What a game tonight. Friars fell behind twice in this one only to come back each time to tie it. Once in the first and once in the second. Then in the 3rd Friars were all over Lowell, buzzing the net getting chance after chance. Finally Conway puts one away to give the Friars a 3-2 lead. They hold on even playing down 6 on 4 in the last minute forty with Lowell on the PP and the goalie pulled.

SOGs 34 PC 22 UML

Tait, Borquist (sp), Conway with the goals

UNH up next weekend at the Whit for 2 games.

Comment

Is Florentino hurt? Didn't play.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            What a game tonight. Friars fell behind twice in this one only to come back each time to tie it. Once in the first and once in the second. Then in the 3rd Friars were all over Lowell, buzzing the net getting chance after chance. Finally Conway puts one away to give the Friars a 3-2 lead. They hold on even playing down 6 on 4 in the last minute forty with Lowell on the PP and the goalie pulled.

SOGs 34 PC 22 UML

Tait, Borquist (sp), Conway with the goals

UNH up next weekend at the Whit for 2 games.
                            Lowell had zero legs and made a ton of turnovers in that third period. Has to do with PC hammering them on the forecheck and UML ran out of energy with a strong two periods.

Now onto UNH as they need to win that series on the big sheet which isn't as big of a deal like it used to be with PC

Comment

Nice sweep!

Comment

Info on PC recruit O'Brien:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...ristian-oneill
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X