Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
    The Friar fan turnout at this road-trip game was impressive. There was certainly more black & white than blue & white. The team played well, but the ECAC officiating was terrible. Can't believe Duhaime got ejected after the terrible Lemos hit. I'm stunned that Yale walked away without a penalty while the Friars dealt with a 5-minute major and a 2-minute unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm glad no one got hurt.
    Watching the stream, I thought Duhaime deserved the ejection. The problem is the Lemos hit was just as or even worse which went uncalled. Plus Leaman picking up a penalty on that is so bad on the officials.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Not in the camp on Duhaime getting the ejection, didn't seem any worse than the one the Yale guy did earlier in the game against McPhee that only got that guy 2.

Anyway, Friars did a great job killing those penalties. (I believe Yale was also penalized so with the Leaman penalty it was 4 on 3, then 5 on 3 then 5 on 4 for the 5 minute time).

Hopefully they put an end to these going into HE play. Big weekend against the Catamounts, thinking they really need to sweep both home games, protect home ice.

Glad to see they got to move the Saturday game time up. Double header day for some of us with both bball and hockey tickets, Cooley's kids playing at the Dunk at noon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
        Not in the camp on Duhaime getting the ejection, didn't seem any worse than the one the Yale guy did earlier in the game against McPhee that only got that guy 2.

Anyway, Friars did a great job killing those penalties. (I believe Yale was also penalized so with the Leaman penalty it was 4 on 3, then 5 on 3 then 5 on 4 for the 5 minute time).

Hopefully they put an end to these going into HE play. Big weekend against the Catamounts, thinking they really need to sweep both home games, protect home ice.

Glad to see they got to move the Saturday game time up. Double header day for some of us with both bball and hockey tickets, Cooley's kids playing at the Dunk at noon.
        I saw Duhaime make contact with the kids head against the glass and thought he left his feet a little. Duhaime and Vimal seem to be the two toughest freshmen on the squad.

Wilkins is starting to show his elite skill level lately and could be a real star at PC in the coming year or two.

Comment

Does PC stream games? Is it free?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            Does PC stream games? Is it free?
            They do , for a fee.

http://www.friars.com/collegesportslive/?media=537022

Comment

Let's hear all you Leaman lovers explain that game tonight!

Leaman has lost this team...time to move until 2017-2018
              Last edited by The Zlax45; 01-13-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Let's hear all you Leaman lovers explain that game tonight!

Leaman has lost this team...time to move until 2017-2018
                Whatever

Comment

Where was Foley last night? Is he hurt? The only reason PC lost to VT was that Hawkey had a bad game . Outplayed and outshot VT by 2 to 1 margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    Where was Foley last night? Is he hurt? The only reason PC lost to VT was that Hawkey had a bad game . Outplayed and outshot VT by 2 to 1 margin.
                    Those first two goals were far from his fault...if you are expecting your goalie to cover up defensive breakdowns like that you are in for a very long season as we are seeing. The problem is the coach has blamed Hawkey in the media (see Divver's article before the Denver game) for the team's poor play. He needs to address the defensive system which next season will feature five newcomers with the losses of Florentino, Monk, McKenzie, Ruggiero, and the likely loss of Walman.

Comment

• Originally posted by dillon View Post
                      That's not the reason PC lost. The defense is a mess this year. They are skating around not knowing the position they should be in. The coaching of the defense is a huge step back from 2 years when PC won the National title. Hawkey has let in some clinkers this year, but Hawkey wasn't the reason PC lost last night.
                      Shots mean nothing when almost all of the shots are coming from the point and the opposing goalie has a clear view. I would expect any goalie in Hockey East to make those saves. Remember all the shots the teams under the Army era took?? We all know how that ended.

Comment

I'm sorry this is none of my business, but is there really someone in here trying to start a "Fire Nate Leaman" movement? I love the USCHO Fan Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                          I'm sorry this is none of my business, but is there really someone in here trying to start a "Fire Nate Leaman" movement? I love the USCHO Fan Forum.
                          No
                          Just eeyore braying again

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                            That's not the reason PC lost. The defense is a mess this year. They are skating around not knowing the position they should be in. The coaching of the defense is a huge step back from 2 years when PC won the National title. Hawkey has let in some clinkers this year, but Hawkey wasn't the reason PC lost last night.
                            Shots mean nothing when almost all of the shots are coming from the point and the opposing goalie has a clear view. I would expect any goalie in Hockey East to make those saves. Remember all the shots the teams under the Army era took?? We all know how that ended.
                            Not sure if it's coaching, you are only as good as what goes over the boards. D is just not as talented, top 3, Flo, Mckenzie and Walman are very good, little suspect after them. PC will be just fine over next couple years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              No
                              Just eeyore braying again
                              +1

I think they are missing the real reason PC lost--it was UVM's fault. They had a far more puck possession time and they played for good shots and really limited the good close in shots cutting off chances and getting resultant wild passes across the top of the slot where no one was
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                Not sure if it's coaching, you are only as good as what goes over the boards. D is just not as talented, top 3, Flo, Mckenzie and Walman are very good, little suspect after them. PC will be just fine over next couple years.
                                Overall the D has been solid and part of any D is the help the forwards provide. You have a team that is top quarter in goals against, is even better is fewest shots allowed. That said even the top 3 do have issues. MacKenzie isn't the fastest guy around (but he cleanly broke up a clean break in), I think Florentino could be more physical (though they then would complain about the penalties). Walman does gamble more than he should. The rest is right Monk is essentially a walk on, Young and Bryson learning on job--actually Young had a solid game with little experience under his belt. Bryson was abused I believe he was on the ice for all 4 goals but he is an undersized true freshman--it takes time
                                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Working...
                                X