Providence College on the road to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

2 - 2 OT tie against one of the top teams in the country, a great start for the new year

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
      2 - 2 OT tie against one of the top teams in the country, a great start for the new year
      That is the glass half-full look but Denver was missing three key players on Friday and were beatable. The mistakes continue to happen with the upper classmen on defense. McKenzie and Florentino made terrible mistakes on the first Denver goal that two seniors should NEVER be making. Hennessey missed his check on the game tying goal.

Upperclassmen continue to hinder this team.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Wowzers... Walman usually the first guy thrown under the bus. What went wrong?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Wowzers... Walman usually the first guy thrown under the bus. What went wrong?
          He is part of the problem...bombing away from the points isn't going to take you far when you aren't creating rebounds. So many shots gobbled up by the DU goalie chest.

All is well since they tied in your book. The coaching staff has the PC players scared right now to make mistakes with the forward group. This was especially true when Vimal looked to pass instead of shooting or Florentino deciding to get back on d instead of keeping the puck in near the end of regulation

Comment

Good game
            Great block by flo at end, playing very good 200' game.
            Big stretch coming up, hopefully they get on a run. PC made it to garden couple times before Natl champ year, should be goal this year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              That is the glass half-full look but Denver was missing three key players on Friday and were beatable. The mistakes continue to happen with the upper classmen on defense. McKenzie and Florentino made terrible mistakes on the first Denver goal that two seniors should NEVER be making. Hennessey missed his check on the game tying goal.

Upperclassmen continue to hinder this team.

Hmmm. Zlax you are slipping. You are past the two hours it took you to ***** last night. Tell us what you didn't like tonight
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                Hmmm. Zlax you are slipping. You are past the two hours it took you to ***** last night. Tell us what you didn't like tonight
                I'm sure he will come up with something. How about the fact Friars played without two of their best players this weekend and still pulled out a tie and a win against No. 2....heck even the two USCHO Hockey bloggers had the Pioneers sweeping the Friars this weekend despite missing 2 players at WJC and one the first night, who played tonight.

Friars are not taking a lot of penalties like they did early this year, so that's one positive progress, Hawkey is looking much better in goal, another positive progress...Friars were getting to the net all weekend something Leaman has wanted them to do, more progress.

4 games in a week starting on Saturday with the Fenway "home" game. Now is the time to get on a roll and make up for the slow start in HE play. (they have one more OOC at Yale next week).

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                  Passive offense again...Oh look at that three goals tonight all from forwards down low making plays. Still way too much dumping and chasing when they have opps to take on players or make smarter plays then giving possession away

Comment

Looks like PC is headed to Northern Ireland Fall 2017.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/ice-hockey/...rthern_ireland
                    Last edited by steven22; 01-06-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

After a good series with Denver and a decent game at Fenway, except for a dumb penalty at the end, I think this team has come a real long way since the first few games this year and I think they will be a force in HE this year......maybe even getting a few home games in the tourney

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                        After a good series with Denver and a decent game at Fenway, except for a dumb penalty at the end, I think this team has come a real long way since the first few games this year and I think they will be a force in HE this year......maybe even getting a few home games in the tourney
                        Oh who took that penalty, an ASSISTANT captain and first line center......

Comment

No wiggle room now for the Friars...pretty much have to take most of the HE 2 games series going forward....

One more OOC game on Tuesday at Yale...will be interesting to see how the rebound after another tough loss to the Beagles...

BTW if you are going to the Vermont game on Saturday, is has been moved up to 5pm start....probably due to a certain football game at Gillette that night...

Comment

3-1 over Yale.....maybe Xlax will be happy for a few days

Comment

PC kicked Yale's butt pretty good tonight in their best defensive performance and Nate got a crazy unsportsmanlike penalty on Duhaime's ejection.

Still wish Bjorkqvist would start showing up but he has been non existent this season.

Comment

The Friar fan turnout at this road-trip game was impressive. There was certainly more black & white than blue & white. The team played well, but the ECAC officiating was terrible. Can't believe Duhaime got ejected after the terrible Lemos hit. I'm stunned that Yale walked away without a penalty while the Friars dealt with a 5-minute major and a 2-minute unsportsmanlike conduct. I'm glad no one got hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X