Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Looks like a tough 2 game road trip to upstate NY this weekend. RIT has scored goals in bunches lately. Would be great to grab 2 road wins before exam and holiday break. Come back with 2 tough home games against Denver just before New Year's (30th and 31st).
    5-1 win on Friday....Anyone watch?
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I listened to Mike Logan...Friars owned the first period but Hawkey had to come up with some key stops on the 7 shots RIT took, Friars had 17 shots and scored on their only PP in the period...RIT owned the second period but Hawkey came up with the goose egg against 22 shots while PC scored 1 on 9 shots...third period Friars turned the tide although RIT scored first to make it 3-1, Friars closed it out with 2 goals. McPhee with last goal scored his first goal since his frosh season...Tait moved to the top line with Pinho and I think Wilkins had 2 goals and an assist, Pinho with a goal and 2 assists...Foley moved to Lemos line...Leaman in pre-game talk said Foley and Lemos hang out together so why not put them on the ice together. Kavanaugh back in the lineup on the fourth line with Hennessey and McPhee. No change in the other line. Same defensive pairings Monk/Walman, Bryson/Florentino, Desharnais/McKenzie

Not many penalties in this game, almost like the HC game with the Atlantic officials.

Comment

Not many penalties in this game, almost like the HC game with the Atlantic officials.
        Funny thing is one of the refs Gates worked that HC game also! I tend to like the flow of the Atlantic Hockey refs as they let the game flow as I see several of the D-3 games that those refs work and some Holy Cross.

Comment

PC got the sweep...now onto Denver in a few weeks!

Comment

Another game with very few penalties being called.

Good way to finish off the second half of the year. Decent play against BU last weekend although they only took 1 point and good sweep on the road with Hawkey turning in some good performances in net.

20 days off now. Kasper B. and possibly Foley will be heading to the World Junior tourney so others need to step up when Denver comes to town. I assume the Junior tourney will force them out of the Frozen Fenway game against BC if both are playing for their country team.

Friars have one more OOC after that against Yale, then full into the HE wars.

Comment

Another game with very few penalties being called.

Good way to finish off the second half of the year. Decent play against BU last weekend although they only took 1 point and good sweep on the road with Hawkey turning in some good performances in net.

20 days off now. Kasper B. and possibly Foley will be heading to the World Junior tourney so others need to step up when Denver comes to town. I assume the Junior tourney will force them out of the Frozen Fenway game against BC if both are playing for their country team.

Friars have one more OOC after that against Yale, then full into the HE wars.
              I wouldn't say a return of either Foley, Bjorkqvist or both - if they make the final rosters - for Frozen Fenway is out of the question. Fortunately this year the tournament is in Toronto and Montreal, unlike the year Gillies missed the games when it was played in either Sweden or Russia (I forget the year of the FF games).

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                I wouldn't say a return of either Foley, Bjorkqvist or both - if they make the final rosters - for Frozen Fenway is out of the question. Fortunately this year the tournament is in Toronto and Montreal, unlike the year Gillies missed the games when it was played in either Sweden or Russia (I forget the year of the FF games).
                The final/third place game of the Juniors is on Jan. 5th so they should be back in town on the 6th you would think if they get that deep.

Comment

Foley with an assist last night in the USA 4-3 win over the Swiss in exhibition game.

Comment

To all the Friar fans a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year

Comment

Foley made the final roster. So both Friar players are going to be playing.

Comment

Ruggerio quit PC today and honestly can't blame him. Leaman never was consistent on playing him while continuing to bench him while other guys made massive defensive mistakes.

Comment

Finland has Friars' Bjorkqvist Pioneers Borgstrom.
                          Team USA has DU's Terry and PC's Foley
                          So I guess we're even.........BUT DU's Dylan Gambrell has a 1 game suspension Friday.

Did I mention Gambrell=Borgstrom-Terry is DU's Top Line!
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Finland has Friars' Bjorkqvist Pioneers Borgstrom.
                            Team USA has DU's Terry and PC's Foley
                            So I guess we're even.........BUT DU's Dylan Gambrell has a 1 game suspension Friday.

Did I mention Gambrell=Borgstrom-Terry is DU's Top Line!
                            Just a feeling that Denver has much better talent this weekend. Foley has been the only constant on this team.

Comment

What a way to restart after 20 days off with the #2 team in the country. Will be interesting to see how many fans show for both these games. Could be well attended tonight but tomorrow afternoon might be a different story. Would be nice to get the second half of the year off to a good start with at least one win in these 2 games.

Good possibility Kasper will be back for the Fenway game with the Finns on the verge of not making the medal round.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                What a way to restart after 20 days off with the #2 team in the country. Will be interesting to see how many fans show for both these games. Could be well attended tonight but tomorrow afternoon might be a different story. Would be nice to get the second half of the year off to a good start with at least one win in these 2 games.

Good possibility Kasper will be back for the Fenway game with the Finns on the verge of not making the medal round.
                                Nope..final relegation game is the same day as the Gold Medal Game. Anyway both should be back for Frozen Fenway with the short flight from Montreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X