Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College on the road to Chicago

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
    Have heard Providence is a potential HE candidate for the Friendship Four, does anyone from the PC camp have any knowledge? Clarkson will be participating so I'm just trying to get a feel if it will be worth it to go, I see all of the great things people say about it and would probably make the trip over if there would be some interesting matchups, judging from our game earlier in the year I feel Providence should be back up top of HE next season if there are no early departures, Nate Leaman will always have my respect for what he did with Union and how shocking it was with such limited resources. Now with more resources at his disposal it seems like his teams could get bullied around by a lot of the older teams but will go up and down with anyone.
    I have heard the same rumors...watch it be BC vs PC over there and PC loses their home game AGAIN!
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      I have heard the same rumors...watch it be BC vs PC over there and PC loses their home game AGAIN!
      I do like the concept and all the teams have come back and said it's a great experience but you do bring up a good point as it's not fair to lose to a home game especially in a tough HE, any idea on how that is decided? I've heard Clarkson, RPI, PC, BU but I really can't confirm that.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
        I do like the concept and all the teams have come back and said it's a great experience but you do bring up a good point as it's not fair to lose to a home game especially in a tough HE, any idea on how that is decided? I've heard Clarkson, RPI, PC, BU but I really can't confirm that.
        BU plays in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend in all odd years so it doesn't make sense that they would be stopping that and going to Belfast next year, that said I'd certainly be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
          It would only be fair if BC lost their home game to PC next year lol since PC lost theirs this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
            BU plays in NYC on Thanksgiving weekend in all odd years so it doesn't make sense that they would be stopping that and going to Belfast next year, that said I'd certainly be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that way.
            A poster in the Saint Lawrence thread heard BU will be participating in 2018, which makes since given your comment on the BU/Cornell series.

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            A friend who is a season ticket holder at CCT commented that he had heard rumblings they are involved next season. I've also heard BU in 2018.

Comment

It would only be fair if BC lost their home game to PC next year lol since PC lost theirs this season!
              Oh alright Frozen Fenway, forgot about that, with knowing that and if it is BC in Ireland one would think it would have to be the opposite way next season, correct?

Comment

Trash PP continues to just pound shots from the point...no clue what this coaching staff works on during the week but they lost tonight due to a horrific PP unit trying to bomb shots 60 feet from the goal.

Comment

no, we have played in how many of these stupid FF games ? and we lost a home game every time. Its about time we were the team not losing a home game and i hope we never have to play in it again. There will never be anything better than the first one, all downhill after that and BC lost to BU but it was an amazing event. None of these will ever touch that night. Have fun though

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    no, we have played in how many of these stupid FF games ? and we lost a home game every time. Its about time we were the team not losing a home game and i hope we never have to play in it again. There will never be anything better than the first one, all downhill after that and BC lost to BU but it was an amazing event. None of these will ever touch that night. Have fun though
                    Oh I don't support that event ever...much better things to do than sitting in a ballpark in January to watch hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Trash PP continues to just pound shots from the point...no clue what this coaching staff works on during the week but they lost tonight due to a horrific PP unit trying to bomb shots 60 feet from the goal.
                      Didn't see the game. Let me guess. Walman takes a bunch of ridiculous outside shots with nothing to show from it 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                        Didn't see the game. Let me guess. Walman takes a bunch of ridiculous outside shots with nothing to show from it ��
                        He decided that he needed to EXTEND his range in this game with two shots on the PP from the Red Line! Not kidding! Team Leading 6 shots on goals in the game.

Monk was second with 4!

BTW, this doesn't count all the blocked shots by BU on the defense bombing away from the point on 5 on 3.

Comment

1-15 (goal was OUT OF SYSTEM) on the PP this weekend....Something needs to change

Comment

With a total of 1 point out of 3 available the team seems to be improving.....granted it is not perfect but they are not the same team as last year and do need time to gel, when they show signs of improving credit should be given......they have improved on "D" so maybe the next step will be special teams, what ever Nate decides I am sure we will see a change each and every week, will it be enough only time will tell

Comment

1-15 (goal was OUT OF SYSTEM) on the PP this weekend....Something needs to change
                              To be fair Walman's goal Saturday was basically an in system PP goal. Beautiful cross ice pass under a BU stick followed by a shot with 1 second left on the PP, just by the time the puck crossed the goal line the penalty had already elapsed.

Comment

Looks like a tough 2 game road trip to upstate NY this weekend. RIT has scored goals in bunches lately. Would be great to grab 2 road wins before exam and holiday break. Come back with 2 tough home games against Denver just before New Year's (30th and 31st).

Comment

Working...
                                X